TO FILL ELHEIAL'THILLN - THE DEBATE OF 67

Gemini

Blinking, he accepts her spoken word. Mindful of his eyes drifting during the speech. 

"You speak truly when you speak of the desire for more. It is a feeling known deeply by not only I, but all in attendance. We all seek great progression forward! I plainly believe open comradeship and fluidity between the Okarir positions, great responsibilities they are, communications should be held by all! From taxation and payments, to the reclimation of this isle! For truly the beautification does not just mean to make what we have pretty, but effective! To reclaim it from foul void is but one step of an ever progressing quest for perfecting health!"

Grinning, he speaks, a simple turn of the hand continues. 

"You speak as if I am an unlearned, unproven 'Thill... Though I ask you and all in attendance! Was it not I, who returned to this island the love for our most ancient tradition of The Iron Temple? A place of philosophical learning; Where healthy form is sculpted ever-perfect and silver-tongue tempered. Not once, not twice, but THRICE have I returned with the great bounty of our most loyal Beelots. They who grant us many blessing, and it is I, who has already secured us valuable and productive territory in far off lands, and promoted the tradition of artisan crafts within the city-state, and spread desire for those crafts all through the realm, bringing in many visitors to our culture! Oh to share freely with our citizenry! Yet, humble as I am, I wish not to go on all day... You speak as I wish to neglect the wild expanses of our isle, when in truth... I wish to use it's resources to bring great wealth to our isle! From the tide pools which provide us with our silver salt, and our flora, fauna, and aquaculture, we derive great bounty. Through effective allocation of resource, ever increasing blessing is received!"

A largely confused expression came to face. "you're basing your master of land credentials for the gym?"

Would receive a question from the citizens via a courier, the elfess waving it in the air for a while to show everyone that indeed it was not her own "To the citizenry of Haelun'or, I ask the okarir'nor candidates if they'll be able to answer a housing issue that i've seen in the recent valah years within the city. The issue being the talonnii manors being used as a collective house for non-talonnii citizens alike. As you're aware behind closed walls the purity of our nation is something we need to keep in line and the dichotomy of lewdness in check, specifically article one: Blessed Residents of The Silver State of Haelun’or shall not participate in physical fraternization outside of marriage, or if those of same-sex, article six: The Blessed Residents of The Silver State of Haelun’or shall not participate in intimate fraternization of a homosexual nature. My question follows the statement to ask, are you wishing to absolve talonnii designated housing to be only talonnii or leave it as it currently is risking the two articles mentioned above to be a prominent issue in the state?" The elfess finished, seemingly interested in the topic.  “Mr Hyptos, if you would answer first!”

A great grin spreads across the Hyptos' face as he hears first his opponent. His hand upon his sharp jaw, audibly smirking in acknowledgement of her dumbfounded expression. He steps forward to announce his rebuttal 

"Yes." 

His gesture indicates as if he were saying 'need I say more?' and indeed. He need not. Elves HAVE been getting more beautiful around him. 

Satisfied with this exchange, and hearing the speech of the moderator, a great excitement creeps into his cheeks, it brightens his eyes and begins to speak again

"As it so happens such an occurrence is one I wish to explore more widely! After all, for many years has the tradition of our great Talonnii houses have drawn the eyes of less well-off Talonnii. To be able to fill suck manor homes with your own blood is a privilege not reserved for all less fortunate 'thill! 

To take the opportunity from other large or prominent Talonnii to inhabit them, instead to house the likes of other citizenry instead of your Talonnii detracts from the sanctity of such honors as a large home in our cihi. Leading to a long waiting list for such homes! One even my Talonnii suffers in.

However there is such opportunity for many of our citizenry when amongst such manner homes in the company of others of the smaller Talonnii. In acknowledgement of this, and In order to straighten such difficulties, I wish to re-etablish our most sacred communal and fraternal culture. If community housing and comradery is what our citizenry wishes? Then let us establish sorority once more. I have great faith in the BLESSED of our citizenry to not even conceive of breaking our sacred articles, and will therefore enter sacred oaths and initiation before admittance, and in such, I believe in keeping our communal housing to such establishments, to retain the sanctity and meaning of Talonnii house gatherings."

Beams the Hyptos! He scans about the crowd, looking for such characters that would be befitting of elven sorority homes 

Edited by SteppeNomad

April Valwynn offered a deadpan stare to both him and the crowed, muttering a small "the ****?" as her opponent shares his incredibly self-serving moment with the audience, for the same mali have largely had the same appearance from his arrival to the state and to this very moment. huh. The Valwynn stood respectfully at the side while Hyptos offered up his spew of the Okarir'akalns query, and when he was done, did the Lari speak up once more.

"I believe that if one is going to break purity rules and guidelines, then they will do it whether or ne they live in the same housing or manor as the other they wish to pursue impurity with . It's a simple thought, really. If the mali that wish for a communal house can fit the space they are given without major room, then I see no issue, ne. The issue is when these group homes, or even talonnii homes enter a space far too large for their numbers. When purchasing a home, as it has been in the past, I believe that the number of members within your household should be taken into account. Sharing the same thoughts as Mr. Hyptos, I too share a faith within the blessed citizenry of my nation. Though, I suspect if there is a thought that article one or six are broken with evidence, it is worth while to search the household with clear permission from the office of the Okarir'tir."

"Impures will be impures whether or ne they live together"

And unlike Hyptos, April offered a meager nod towards the crowd, reserved in posture as she stepped back, waiting for the moderator. 

“Thank you, the debate for the position of Okarir’nor shall be declared finished! Candidates, you may take a seat with the rest of the candidates.” Usamea would for the millionth time speak out, however this time the elfess seemed to yawn after. It was evident this poor worker was growing tired “Next up, Okarir’hiylun! I would like to invite Ms Kolvar Trafina and Rune of Ahad, you may begin in that order with your opening statements! 

The young mali’aheral strides herself towards the podium, walking with pride, flowing dress of a crimson red with a silken robe of dusty pink with elegant designs embroidered in silver on the fabrics. The women stood tall at the podium, chin raised with an expression that was to lack any fear, concern or worry as she addressed those who gathered. To the blessed mali of the nation gathered here today, my peers, my family, my friends, let me gauge your attention and ears. I am Kolvar Lyln Trafina-Valwynn, or formerly known as Kolvar Trafina to some- Those who do not know much about me, I am one who has resided in these great walls of silver for many decades now, fulfilling the mast time of my adult life serving the state as a former member of the El’Sillumiran." A proud grin takes the features on her face at her mentioned note “There I was pronounced the role of Senior Corporal,  while also being handed such a task only few can lead; such was to lead a subrank unit for the medical corporation. I served in this role under the state of two Sohaer’s, and Okarir’tir’s, where I became notable for the fact of my scholarly knowledge that was given out to the El’Sillumiran medics. Training the aspiring medics the ways of maehr’sae hiylun’eyha, but at a combat perspective through the eyes of the weeping blades. As stated before, I have been there for Haelun’or, and now I strive to be there for you, the citizens of Haelun’or, as your Okairir’hiylun. Before considering the position of sillumir, or past positions in the clinic, I had a heart set on knowledge to be the best scholar there was to be. I have a keen eye for everything including but not limited to, Practical of doctrine, botany, alchemy, and mathematics.  Someone who is deemed to have the skill, knowledge and nerve to the roles of okarir’hiylun would be me, and I will put in the work required to make maehr’sae hiylun’eyha thrive to its fullest!"  She finished her opening statement, proposing a smile and offering a nod to those present, in the stands.

A mali'thill, built of medium size, approached the podium herself. Dressed simply, with a pristine white coat draped across her shoulders, the Physician offered her opponent a cordial smile.

The simple greeting, "Karin'ayla, anointed children of silver, proud mali'thill, and the lessers who call elCihi'thilln home."  loosed her lip, and she began to talk.

"I am Rune of Ahad, of elTalonnii Viradiraar. Though my arrival to elCihi has only been in recent memory - I have seen great disparity between our core beliefs. Maeh'rsae hiylun'ehya, where there has been progress of great renown within these Silver Walls, the matter of Hiylun has been blatantly disregarded." 

The silvered woman's features bore little response, lips perpetually thinned between words.

"I have been practising as a Physician and master Alchemist for a multitude of decades now, and have come to dedicate the use of my craft in benefitting elCihi. Much of my time has been spent in the construction of an alchemists lab, for all mali'thill to use. Too, have I spent countless hours ensuring elhiylun of both lesser, and 'thilln citizens. Having tended to many a patient in the absence of any clinician staff.  I have taught many dedicents of Larihei my crafts, both in the nature of the Material alphabet, and first aid and wish to further my teachings unto the willing of elCihi.

It is no more I wish to see empty clinics, no more do I want to see a low bar for educational standard, and no more do I wish to see our comrades suffer." 

With those words, the elfess fell silent. 

”Leyuan!” Stated the elfess, proceeding to continue “As with the previous candidates you may now ask questions from one another and the rebut! Ms Trafina, you may proceed” Usamea concluded

The elfess kept her prideful expression as she turned her orbs to fall upon her opponent “Miss Viradiraar, - you speak of your scholarly skills in the crafts and practices of master alchemy and being a physician, such is quite impressive, however with your prior mentioned that returning to el’lCihi has only been in recent memory.” She would leave an airy pause before resuming herself “ I do ask, what have you done for the great nation of Haelun’or in order to be appointed the Okairir’hiylun position, and how might you achieve to help extend the overall health and progress for the people of Haelun’or and the El’sillumiran? With that the elfess fell silent, allowing her opponent the stage to respond.

The Viradiraar took a moment to ponder this question, before she began in answer.

"Ti, and a valid inquiry that is. My time in elCihi'thilln has been quite short; I will admit that. Yet I have done much in this period...

During the few years in my return to elCihi'thilln, though disregarding the years I lived within our beloved Haelun'or prior, I believe myself to have served well and true - with the little power I have. You have no doubt seen the recent construction ot the Alchemic lab by the bastion of elCihi, I aided much in the creation and building of that. In tandem with the help of a fellow Mali'thill. 

I too have taken to teaching knowledge of the Alchemical to fellow adherents of Larihei, and have begun guiding Orinmon Viradiraar down the path of purity.

During the times elCihi has been without a medical practitioner around, which has been quite often, I have aided in many the plight of many the 'thill." The woman of silvers lips did grow a slight smile. Furthering on in speech

"I commend you in your question, so I will ask one in return:

You spoke of a previous term in elSillumiran, acting as a Medical Corporal. Why was it that you left. The regression of Hiylun have been one I've watched quite closely. Would it have not been beneficial to elCihi to continue to help in the training of medics - as, when I look around elCihi I see very few." 

It was with that, she fell silent. Offering a nod of the head, for Kolvar to answer.

The Valwynn patiently waited and listened to her opponent’s statement and question, the expression on her face was mellow as her pale hands clasped at the front of her silken attire. 

“I commend you for asking such a question regarding my previous terms in the El’sillumiran as a Medical Corporal. However, the reasons I left were numerous, yet the main one that stirred my resignation had to be right after the former Sohaer Othelu Orrar unfortunately passed away. With his passing, Kolvar Uradir took the position of Sohaer, and made changes throughout the entire government including the El’sillumiran.” The woman took an airy pause, glancing around the citadel once more before she resumed her speech. “In my position as a Medical Corporal, I felt that the needs of both myself and the medics were not being taken into action, and did not have the support we once had with the Sohear Othelu. With that I felt that I couldn't support the medical corporation, or Haelun’or to its fullest potential back then, However, through years leading up to now of working diligently on my scholars and medical practice within elCihi I know that I can now support Haelun’or and the ways of Maehr’sae Hiylun’eyha to the fullest and prolonge this momentum for the future. It is also that I will note if I get the position of Okarir'hiylun, I will make it my top priority to invest the ways and practice of hiylun to the El’sillumiran, in hopes to revive the medical corporation to bring a fair amount of medics to elCihi. The elfess would then fall silent, as a creased smile soon takes to her features while looking towards the gathered crowd.