Stand, Sons of Norland!

Javert

jvo1Y3jpPPPYmSyglOg24ekg5FS4CKMzJ_1ND0B7kacc-iZrtDdH_g7tZu5EQYKsL_EUq86mlxoZ-lU2qyUG_WxgebyRc62J3Buvke9ory6DOcZomV_cBM1D8Txj1C_VP5xK4s34

From the Marshal of Norland in response to the Ferrymen Invasion

To the Sons and Daughters of Norland;

My countrymen, friends, and family. Today, the Ferrymen have declared their uprising against the Regency of Casimira Edvardsson Ruric and the reign of King Vane Freysson Ruric. As Marshal of Norland, it is expected of me to take a stance, and so I shall. I speak to you now not just as the Marshal, but as your Comrade and fellow Countryman. From a young age, I have seen the pure devastation that the Ferrymen have committed across our Nation. At the end of the War with Oren, the Ferrymen turned on us. They harrassed, raided, and murdered Norlandic citizens in Elysium to the point where they drove our Highlander brothers away from our borders out of fear for their safety. The actions of the Ferrymen have left Norland suffering, and still they wish to see us suffer more. I first faced these Ferrymen when I was just a boy of Seven. I wielded a blade that was twice my size and armor that fit too loosely, yet even so I did what I could in my youth. Now, I stand as a man in my fourth decade, having seen things that peaceful citizens of Norland should never see again. I stood firm throughout my life, and I shall stand firm now in the face of overwhelming odds.

It is true what they say. The Ferrymen are exceptionally skilled, I have seen it first hand. Yet, in the history of Norland, have we not fought against these odds before and come out victorious? When the Dwed of Urguan attempted to storm the Krag, our ancestors threw them from our walls and sent them back to their homes. When King Torsten rose against Renatus, he stood strong against the overwhelming numbers of Renatus-Marna, yet still he did not falter until the very end. Now, I intend to do the same. I intend to stand upon the walls of Varhelm with pride and drive the Ferrymen back from whence they came. Yet, as all know, I am a single man. I cannot fight the Ferrymen Army alone. That is where the people of Norland come in.

Though there are many of you who have left your homeland in search of a better life, I urge you now to return and defend your place of birth once more. I urge those Highlanders who seek purpose to come before our gates and enlist in the Ashguard. I urge those Elysians who were born and raised in Norland to return to their birth land and pick up their sword. I call upon Canonists, Men of the Red Faith, Edvardssons, Camians, Freyssons, Eirikssons, Kvitravns, Haensemen, Elysians, Orenians, all those across the continent of Almaris to drive back this bandit horde that seeks to conquer our nation of Norland and reduce us to nothing more than a puppet state. I call upon the Vassals of Norland; Krew, Dunrath, Ironguard, and Gransstad to stand fast in defending our homeland. After all, whilst the Ferrymen have skill, they fight for their own ambitious ways. They do not fight for the people as they claim, and the world knows this. They storm Cities, slaughter masses of people, and for what? To fill their pouches with the Mina of hard-working folk? I say enough is enough.

People of Almaris, stand with me. Stand with Norland, and stand against the Green Menace that is the Ferrymen. Do it not for the Regency, or the King. Do it for your Country, and do it for the future of Almaris.

Iron from Ice!

Signed,

wen6fBqP3FexOI55hod2nrstHMQa12vw5K99JblXcxeob6tPryjg8Y1X_gyTCauK2gxi5jd7npSBkmCGYCKpTUtv4TIlBF-IygN4Uu4B1WOOR60x_BGBMCZ4dMEWDul1ubxuqBLN

"At least I don't have to pay them the remainder of the contract, now." Casimira remarked, having found herself in the position of just being tired of being tired.

Remon tilted his head upon reading the missive. Now would be the time to seek an alliance with the Svarlings. Temporary, of course, but.. all together, it would be a great help. Though I don't suppose that's crossed his mind.

And so he continued his long journey to the Svarling camps, hoping against common sense that he could reach them in time.

5 minutes ago, Javert said:

I call upon Canonists, Men of the Red Faith, Edvardssons, Camians, Freyssons, Eirikssons, Kvitravns, Haensemen, Elysians, Orenians

A certain Norlandic barkeep looked at a certain part of the missive with narrowed eyes. "Vell fine t'en, I von't 'elp." The Vildr woman muttered upon not seeing her clan's name.

Torstein Eiriksson Ruric crossed his arms, reading over the missive. "And the spiral continues..." Pocketing it, he went back on an excursion, this time late at night.

Olivia Freysson Ruric looks upon the missive “I may be young but I support my family and the people who support them too!” She then rushes out to find her parents and show them the missive.

Astrid grimaces “It’s about damn time! Ich always got the creeps walking past that place..”

Friskets brow raise as she looks at this response "May the All father guide them"

"Well - it seems like our predecessors their work has not been finished.." Sir Joseph Clement de Sarkozy remarked, recalling the stories of his Uncle and Grandfather who mercilessly slaughtered Norlandic people.

Almaris would do well to send minas, weapons and humanitarian supplies towards Norland so that they may defend themselves. 

Petrel Volaren sighed upon reading the missive. "I've no desire to see more bloodshed, but the Ferrymen'll not take the first real home I've had from me. Iron from Ice!"

Sigurd Ignolf would prep both his axes and begin laughing as he thinks about the blood he is to spill "For Hodir and Der we fight" He would call to his people

"Ah finally" Malii'evarir says with a content sigh by the campfire, opening a drink to swig from as she reads a copy of the notice sent to her. "Finally we're dealing with the body of the hydra and not just the heads. A great battle is coming. I'll slay many a ferryman in the name of Andria."

Dùghlas Sutharlainn would slowly put away his missive and an interesting report titled 'Operation Little Matilda'. He would then, rush out from the keep and attempt to call upon his council members for a meeting regarding to this situation. He seems nervous and more confused if anything.

Amura reads this, she thinks carefully before musing out loud to anyone near her. 

"They shun those who use voidal magic yet now call upon nations who allow such for help when it suits their needs. Norland can fight their own battle. Leave the elves out of it. "