The Ascension of Bakir Ireheart

Terry

[!] The Horn of the Deep bellows out and echo throughout the caverns of Kal’Darakaan as the dwarven people flood the streets from the Hall of the Obsidian Throne. A great ruckus and celebration erupts as the winds of history shift once more...

80u9TavINRNKYFlouIc8Uf2wGnHCd6bV5JqJj9Smf6PaB9rqhT3NpOoMPI-2h7WL1gZA4ZqvabSvpl1shbC4Tpxy4XLiJntxd0kFV3Wfdo9YzZktG3TLo9mXyl0ttVsBmHMxRKnu

THE ASCENSION OF BAKIR IREHEART

For many decades has Grand King Ulfric Frostbeard reigned prosperously, continuing the progress made by his predecessors and leading Urguan through a tumultuous war; but any Longbeard who has worn the weight of the Grand Crown, who has felt the piercing edges of the Obsidian Throne know that it is a great burden. And no matter how well a reign, after a certain time it weathers down the mighty stone of a King’s fortitude, and he must come to resign. Grand King Ulfric Frostbeard began to feel the weight of his crown, the pain of his throne, and knew that for Urguan to prosper and grow to new heights, it would need a new king. It is such wisdom that brought Ulfric to abdicate.

It was on the eve of the 3rd of the Deep Cold, SA 67, where Ulfric Frostbeard held a council meeting, at which he raised the crown off his head and set it on the throne, announcing his resignation. There was a final cheer for Grand King Ulfric ‘the Uniter’ Frostbeard, before it would continue to pass towards the nominations of the next Grand King. Much like his kin Utak Ireheart in the old Under-Realm, Bakir Ireheart was unanimously nominated and elected to the office of Grand King, leader of all dwarfdom. A great cry bellowed from the council room, and the mountain shook with the cheering of a rejuvenated dwarven people.

Bakir Ireheart has been officially elected the 34th Grand King of Urguan, and shall be crowned by the High Prophet Norli Starbreaker on the 8th of Sun's Smile, SA 68 (Sunday, 3/20 at 4 PM EST), in the Hall of the Obsidian Throne. All of the children of the Brathmordakin are summoned to appear in the court, as well as all allies and friends of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan invited to participate in the festivities thereafter.

NARVAK OZ ULFRIC, NARVAK OZ BAKIR, NARVAK OZ URGUAN!

Lord Regent of Urguan, Elder of Clan Frostbeard,

Thane of Rhewenholm, Great-Grandson of Rhewen

10cacb7fda48bd5ba87d14f96f2a8c59.png

“Narvok oz Ulfric, Narvok oz Bakir, Narvok oz Urguan!” Aghal Frostbeard cheered patriotically.

VrH_pRH6Enh1UFwBLRkVhoPeN__uH-P-VkUjGmkVFksKLSp-oO-s3JWKTMV-MMPOci7afo9o0BdNzhavNc4YG3P9RHhLcmVRwNbuAYZhnmbSZ9mHsuMGG2mAJqTTGT9-laD2Rq0

The High Prophet sits at his office, warmly lit by the glow of the fireplace. Papers scatter his desk, the elder dwarf hunched over and writing a letter. He leans back from it with a sigh, and lighting a pipe he begins to stare intently at the stonework of his walls, his imagination lost in the details of their carving. He ponders the future of the Grand Kingdom, and smokes away for a good while. Later, a golem would go about to publish his letter among notice boards in Urguan.

I write as a predecessor to our new Grand King, and as a cultural figurehead of dwarves. Bakir Ireheart has proven to be a voice in our governance for a century now, and though he and I have debated thoroughly and disagreed countless times, he is the face of the dwarven people and the promise of a greater future. I know there are many like me who have disagreed with him in the past, and I say to you all that to harbor fear and distress in your hearts that the Grand King might disagree with you is paranoia, and to act on that fear preemptively is desertion. We are a united folk now, far better off than we have been in the past. To throw that away in fear is disgracing your own legacy for naught.

May the Brathmordakin bring great boons and blessings to Bakir Ireheart.

A new king..

Remon idly reads over the missive. Last time I went to Urguan was.. gosh, decades ago. I'll have to revisit soon, these.. festivities may provide ample excuse.

Bakir Ireheart smiled at his fellow kin that joined him in drinking at the Urguan tavern. "It is a great honor to be chosen  to lead you and to be entrusted with the responsibility to lead our people into a new age. I will not falter and as long as I have breath in my body I will be a servant of Urguan and those who live in our halls." 

“King sh*t, bless up. Live long and prosper.” said a very supportive elf 

Edited by Summerisdumb

A Leal Wyrmstalker raised a glass for the new Grand King of the Underrealms. Perhaps it was fortuitous, and a gift of the divine, that the newest leader of Urguan's sons came from a family of renowned dragonslayers?

"Ghrhck.... Chrchhchhh..." Mervel attempts to stifle a laugh.

"Git Ter shittin' guards readeh." Glod orders a lower ranking Legionnaire:  "yer know 'ow et es wit' big events 'n kings. Gottae git Ter Royal Guard sorted oot." He says, as he inspects his weapon quality.

Levian'Tol Grandaxe receives word of his friends coronation from his wagon outside of Urguan. "Ah verreh good." 

Grimdal Irongut had already prepared for this moment. He decided, with all that was happening in the world, that he could try and enjoy this occasion as he put on his new robes. He told his son Gromdrumir to put on his good clothes after which they both attended the coronation shortly after.