The Fall of The Silver City

E__V__O

The Fall of The Silver City

L44xoacRul-m2YawzuM9FfY6SmqJJmI35DiD2Z5n

Spoiler

The beginning

The first city of silver constructed under the careful watch of Larihei, I was by her side when the golden pools got introduced, birthing new mali blood into aheral, into mali'thill. The ideologies of silver pushed in through a democratic oligarchy following maehr'sae hiylun'ehya, or in common tongue, progress and health. Those words moved Haelun'or into the light that held through many years for the people within its walls and the outside.

Before the departure of Larihei, she placed in power a diarchy rule, split between the Maharal and Sohaer. Each role has a different function, one to be a purity adviser speaking on behalf of her and the Sohaer to govern the state. Through the years the aheral citizens grew and accustomed themselves to the laws established on the land and withdrew weapons and aggression to those who remained within.

Establishing a system in the city that both sohaer, council, and citizens had a say and could push maehr'sae hiylun'ehya in the cihi'thilln would naturally address themselves. The blessed citizenry was established; those who followed Larihei's teachings and assisted the state could achieve this title, similar to noblemen of valah cities. The blessed citizens had the right to now challenge appointed council members. Even the sohaer, if found inept by the blessed citizens, the challenge would be successful, and on the vote, the challenger took the appointed role. This is Haelun'or this is maehr'sae hiylun'ehya. 

Through the years

The triumphs and failures of Haelun'or are present through history when Larihei's way was lost and when it was refound. The cihi'thilln remained and grew. The successors of the okarir council pushed an established maehr'sae hiylun'ehya, and the people were not split, moving in uniform march to the ever-changing beats of the realm around them. It was the bastion of magic, alchemy, and medical fields advancing further than any other nation, pushing past personal beliefs, bias, and strife. All the people in the city welcomed progress and health without greed, lust, or envy. Ideologies of Larihei remained strong with each concurrent leadership and city built in her name.

The downturn of it all began to happen several elven years ago; the influence of valah ideals, the princedom's push for unification, and failed democracy plagued the city of silver. Rampant valah sins started to be present in the mali'aheral of greed, lust, and envy, changing the city's progress to that of stolen work, stolen accomplishments, and stolen lives. The rampant plague continued to rot through Haelun'or on the many government reformations that are now present in the silver city today. The greed of the council and Sohaer removed blessed citizenship to keep power, to halt progress, the lust to take accomplishments of the thilln elves for themselves, and the envy of other cities became everpresent.

The fall of the Silver City

The sow to your destruction began its stepping stones when Larihei's ideas began to be twisted for the sohaer, council, and material benefit starting eleven years ago; within the last months following this post, four governments raised and failed, promising the same constitution with no change or stepping stones to fix the plague that has befallen the city and only returns to what they want. Greed, lust, and envy. I see no unification of the people within Haelun'or, rather the opposite. They are separating and segregating Larihei's path to befit your idea on maehr'sae hiylun'ehya. Then we come to the present day, the new Sohaer elected and positioned a new member on the council, lady Ivarielle. I will first say that the title lady is not befitting to this individual who had campaigned slaughter, bloodshed, and the destruction of Haelun'or for her merit even when we laid down arms they came to kill two of our kin.

Now Ivarielle is in the silver council of Haelun'or, not by a vote of its people, as that was abolished elven years ago, instead of by the newly appointed Sohaer. I have elected in this post to remain unbias until this point, and I do not see how allowing someone that sought the death of everyone in the silver city and changing the ideals follows Larihei, follows the path of Silver we've all laid out and I do not wish to be apart of this new city.

The city has been in constant disarray, and cracks in its walls have formed; now, with the appointment of this councilor, the walls have crumbled, and I urge the rest of the citizens to follow in stride and leave the city, start anew. Haelun'or is not a place but its people; the city has fallen. Larihei's path is lost.

We must return to the path Larihei has set forward, the way paved out to the people of the cihi'thilln. Do not divert from those unblessed by the golden pools; we'll bring them back and remove the plague which sewed itself deep into the walls and its people. Return to maehr'sae hiylun'ehya and do not give in to the valah sins that have sewn into your hearts.

What could have been progress and health turned into a plague of greed, lust, and envy. The city has fallen.

ZoRrKlw.png

Undersigned Evo'lur Tartarus

By will of elheial’thilln, by will of Larihei

GFvlqj5.png

ChildTea nods, writing his own missive as he receives it. Upon hearing it read out to him, he chuckles softly. Indeed.. For the best way to combat dictators is to ignore them, surely! No.. although I agree mostly, something must be done about this. Haelun'or must be reclaimed from Ayliana and Ivarielle.

Ivarielle sighs, she tires of these. She slowly begins making preparations.

Alpine sighs as well, though hers was not a sigh of despair but a sigh a relief. Having not yet lost all hope for her people it brought her comfort knowing she really wasn't alone in seeing past the blatant backstabbing by this false council. "It's such a shame what lengths criminals will go to just for a taste of power... we will get to the bottom of whatever dark magic they used to brainwash the Sohaer, though I cannot lie, everyone is at fault here." She read over the signature at the bottom once more and pondered a moment "I was wrong about you... sorry..."

Laerdya gave a quick glance of the missive in private, she decides not to bother to read it in it's entirety, as this would be the third missive of mithering content in regards to Haelun'or she had read in one Elven Day. She speaks to herself after stuffing the missive away "I recall my favorite stories about Larihei, of when Malin had pushed aside her advice and pleads, had her opt to write missives about the state of Malin's domain, instead of going out into the world to create an better alternative." she commented dryly "All of these fools complain that none follow the path of Larihei, yet did nothing when the Princedom first arose, naught but mockery. They say reap what you sow, but nothing on part of Haelun'or was sown, only words that ultimately hurt their chances of any progress." she says, a rare sight for possible on lookers, anger upon her features, and the hint of such in her tone "All so afraid to change, unwilling to such, ironic that Larihei's flock are people of progress. They know nothing." she stated, bitter and angry, perhaps a fury greater than the woman could handle, a single finger rose up under her nose, as blood began to flow, staining the glove upon her hand. She vaguely says in murmur, her tone suggests warning "More of these gormless individuals take ink to paper.."

An Elf in a blue overcoat lets out a sigh. “The key isn’t to leave. I’m sure there is still hope, even if it is far gone…”

@Jenny_Bobbs

[!] Evo'lur receives a letter from an ata.

Spoiler

Evo'lur Tartarus,

Karin'ayla.  I am Luthriel, the half human 'ata you saved many years ago.  I retain deep respect for you because of your actions, and the presence of 'thill such as you gives me hope.  Upon witnessing the fall of Haelun'or and hearing of your missive, I felt compelled to write to you.  Many years ago, when I was still stewardess of the Silver Cihi, I recall reading a book in our Eternal Library.  The message was simple: Haelun'or is ne a cihi, but a group of 'thill committed to Larihei's ways.  I seek to encourage you to remember this.  Be bold, brave, strong.  Pursue health and progress.  Do ne for one moment let the 'ata in Haelun'or dissuade you from this goal.  Go forth and found a new cihi for 'thill that wish to follow Larihei.

I hope that the words of one ata by blood may encourage you to not listen to the many ata by deed in the Cihi.

Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya,

Luthriel

"If they revolt, can I use their cannon again?" Valindra pleaded to Ivarielle with the best murderous puppy-dog eyes she could muster.

"I am glad to have shot that cannon." Naele said to herself as she worked in the morgue.