RE: Our New Mission Statement

itdontmatta

4 minutes ago, CorweenieTheJedi said:

I find myself generally in support of the adjustments you've highlighted here, but I am curious what brought about the removal of PK war goals.

In my opinion it seems like it would take away a big driving factor for players to even want to go to war in the first place. For example, let's say nation A has been deeply wronged by nation B, and nation B's leader is a tyrant who is mainly to blame for the wrongdoings against nation A. A big driving factor of marching to war is to defeat the tyrant of nation B (in the Shakespeare play Macbeth, the soldiers sieging Macbeth's castle had little to no interest in attacking Macbeth's soldiers or anyone stupid enough to support him, they wanted to see the evil tyrant be slain). With this adjustment, you can go through a grueling war effort, but you don't even get the satisfaction of slaying the tyrant because even if you win the war, you will just see the character walking around as if nothing happened. Yes there will be some NLs who have integrity and will PK in such an event, but in my experience, NLs who lead nations in such a way are hardly people who would submit to such an event.

Now, I don't think this change will spell the downfall of the server, but I am very curious as to what brought it about; with all respect, it seems like a very poor choice.

On the other hand, good to see that admins are doing stuff and trying to make positive change. You love to see it <3 

The problem is that it isn't and would not be used for such. The death of smaller nations NLs is basically death for the nation and that simply isn't fair

HOLY SHIT IT HAPPENED, RP IS NOW REAL

1 minute ago, Callum said:

The problem is that it isn't and would not be used for such. The death of smaller nations NLs is basically death for the nation and that simply isn't fair

I don't think so. It kills their characters, but any NL is still free to support their nation.

1 minute ago, Callum said:

If your nation relies solely on a singular character's survival to stay afloat then what is the point of the nation. 

Maidenful behavior

Who's gonna fight the first 10v20 CRP battle?

Dope

PvP unionists I hear there’s this crazy server type for popular game “Minecraft” called a factions server, you should check it out! 

2 minutes ago, rukio said:

If your nation relies solely on a singular character's survival to stay afloat then what is the point of the nation. 

Nations always have and always will rely on leadership. These PKs hit multiple leaders of a single nation at once. First you take an L in multiple warclaims then half your leadership dies. Hats off to any nation that can survive that many Ls in a row

Man I'm gonna love 30 person crp shit parties I love staff <3

wOO

Now PVPers can't use PVP as a cop out when they aggro my golem!

FIGHT MY TWO TON GRANITE WALL LIKE A MAN

33 minutes ago, itdontmatta said:

Guards are defenders when enforcing murder, assault, theft, and/or vandalism.

but not any other violation of the law... huh?

i love itdontmatta & the Admins it's nice to have conflict back