RE: Our New Mission Statement

itdontmatta

good job admins! finally the changes we always wanted! 40 man crp battles daily! this new mission is awesome! keep up the great work!

Everything but the crp rules are fine. 

Orcs are just going to carry around slings and put bricks through people's heads. 

Definitely don't think removing the PK clause for nation leaders was the move. Everything else is alright, though! 

I think the crp change is for the worse but I'm biased I guess. The idea of people locking me into a crp session at will scares me!

Edited by Mark2282

I agree with PK wars being removed and i've advocated for a mercenary-base system for a while now. In conclusion:

image.png.026d9a394af7e9975f3a86edc319fe99.png

17 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Everything but the crp rules are fine. 

Orcs are just going to carry around slings and put bricks through people's heads. 

or DMHO vials?

> creates crp raids
> removes wartime pks

hehehe time to waste time and kill players who wont have to pk after 20v20 crp that will last 50 hours

57 minutes ago, Callum said:

The problem is that it isn't and would not be used for such. The death of smaller nations NLs is basically death for the nation and that simply isn't fair

I get where you are coming from but who said that war is fair? With that being said, we also gotta keep in mind that most players participate in LOTC for a fantasy story that is meant to be unrealistic considering it's, well, fantasy. So I think it's a balancing act of finding that line between fantasy and realism, where fantasy is not letting smaller nations/settlements get wiped and realism is allowing bigger nations to actually use their power to make geopolitical social change.

So like, I don't necessarily disagree with you but I don't fully agree either, but I def see your point and you are not wrong. 

1 hour ago, itdontmatta said:

When 8 or more people are involved, you may transition to PvP (mechanics-combat) if over 50% of the defenders vote in favor (or majority vote).

will 100% cause issues. otherwise very based

1 hour ago, Sybbyl0127 said:

wOO

Now PVPers can't use PVP as a cop out when they aggro my golem!

FIGHT MY TWO TON GRANITE WALL LIKE A MAN

@Sybbyl0127 Yes. This is a good thing.

I am super glad to see the leader pk thing gone. Mostly I thought it was weirdly random that forcing pk's without breaking rules or prior consent was not a thing except in this specific situation.

I am cautiously optimistic about the crp changes but I think its probably best to see how it actually plays out in practice before we start raising pitchforks on whether it is good or not. I am sure if it ends up causing problems there are more ways to tweak it to be better.

Your unasked for unprompted gold vip opinion for the day. Feel free to like and subscribe and ring the bell for more great takes.

mfw rp server

2 hours ago, itdontmatta said:

RP Combat:

• Roleplay Combat (honor system) is the default style-of-combat.

• When 8 or more people are involved, you may transition to PvP (mechanics-combat) if over 50% of the defenders vote in favor (or majority vote).

• Guards are defenders when enforcing murder, assault, theft, and/or vandalism.

Thank you,

itdontmatta & the Admins

There should have been some test events/ a trial period for this.