RE: Our New Mission Statement

itdontmatta

In all seriousness, though. Regarding combat, can't there just be rules be made in place for the more extreme scenarios?, like there's no need for large scale conflict, like 20-30+, to ever be in crp. Though, I think people will exaggerate how often it will happen(though I can see it happening),  it's clear to see that sort of situation is always going to go to moderation, as an argument is definitely gonna break out. I definitely think there's a clear middle ground to somewhat please both sides.

Edited by Twodiks

Please put back the +12 pvp rule. As much as I like CRP, 12 people in conflict with each other CRPing is a headache.

perhaps have more specific rules for certain scenarios like War raids / large scale raiding. 
Maybe even lower the threshold for pvp to be activated the larger the group in conflict is?

CRP default is fine for smaller conflicts but when the scale grows it becomes increasingly more difficult to manage.

1 hour ago, CombatRolePlay said:

Please put back the +12 pvp rule. As much as I like CRP, 12 people in conflict with each other CRPing is a headache.

perhaps have more specific rules for certain scenarios like War raids / large scale raiding. 
Maybe even lower the threshold for pvp to be activated the larger the group in conflict is?

CRP default is fine for smaller conflicts but when the scale grows it becomes increasingly more difficult to manage.

I've had very decent large scale CRP conflicts before. Just have everyone make their prefix what their order in the rounds are and it becomes infinitely easier.

Wow, an ABSOLUTE win for roleplay on this server and a massive step. A better focus on roleplay scenarios and telling a story over just "SURPRISE! PVP go brrrrrr, thanks for the lootbox"

4 hours ago, Chennster said:

Now that I play on a mac, and not my optimized pvp gaming pc, I agree with these rules

Get used to it 

5 hours ago, rukio said:

If your nation relies solely on a singular character's survival to stay afloat then what is the point of the nation. 

don't at me dude

5 hours ago, Callum said:

Nations always have and always will rely on leadership. These PKs hit multiple leaders of a single nation at once. First you take an L in multiple warclaims then half your leadership dies. Hats off to any nation that can survive that many Ls in a row

@ norland next time

this is literal unbelievable shit

why tf do people still stick around if this server is just gonna be turned into this by its administrators?

no offense alex or whatever strange blob being put you up to this but this is the most horrendous rule change ive ever seen period

dont care if im wrong didnt ask nor did i read the post

3 hours ago, rukio said:

I've had very decent large scale CRP conflicts before. Just have everyone make their prefix what their order in the rounds are and it becomes infinitely easier.

Problem is this only works if both sides want to actually have a good time crping, if one sides doesn't want for conflict to happen they can simply critque everything someone does in crp. As well as push their emotes to borderline powergame. 

Spoiler

Remove: PK War Goal (and allow players affected by this war goal to return their characters)

ah so rp and wars don't have consequences these days? good to know, thank you lotc administration. imo we should make it mandatory to pk on first death. anything else is unbelievably cowardly and will add no value to rp. of course there should be exceptions - maybe "apply" to be revived by the monks? this shouldnt apply to NLs and settlement leaders though. killing people and being killed irp should hold weight. rn people arent afraid of being killed irp because theyll just respawn at ct anyway lol

srsly though, these rules you guys implemented are trash. cant wait to call crp default when 8 bandits ride up to me and do *dodges emotes. <3

2 hours ago, __Clocky said:

this is literal unbelievable shit

why tf do people still stick around if this server is just gonna be turned into this by its administrators?

no offense alex or whatever strange blob being put you up to this but this is the most horrendous rule change ive ever seen period

dont care if im wrong didnt ask nor did i read the post

How to Understand the Cry of Babies: 6 Steps (with Pictures)

How am I supposed to defend myself from stacked paladins or OP spooks if I cannot mechanically down them

1 hour ago, Chennster said:

How am I supposed to defend myself from stacked paladins or OP spooks if I cannot mechanically down them

Quit playing a scaley, ez solution 

yesterday I was the first person to force 40 man CRP under the rules. let me be the last. these rules will not work for LOTC. @itdontmattaplease look at what happened yesterday and reconsider.