NOT PROGRESS, BUT REGRESSION

latte

Spoiler

This missive is distributed from the office of the Okarir’nor.

XTyBMlw_6JCT6bfaWVqKwhsT7kJ4MeGsGdRlgQViX8XPbnn-ad0vH80crlC-UP2ukgb34ky8meV-61MJHhaeRCB0VTMnO2X-uF4xT0G2OXjhhApzetabrfrdR3cGZHJbhTagWYo

SHINING SILVER 

9th of The Amber Cold

69 S.A.

fKTlPrZpQLYRlSJDVuUd_cO3Tygq7unX0PdZI6djlJKp6D79PtyvdE_qTPgOpn4U-WJLaWTvDnhsSEOzISMb0SeIDPLMG2Qzfns2HMKVes5wAJy13WIkxrhDrcP6w0HchkEBzg0

I had spent a good portion of my early adulthood within the walls of Haelun’or. As an oem’ii who grew up on the roughness of the vast oceans, I was sorely under acknowledged in most spheres. Despite this, Haelun’or took me in  and allowed me to flourish into a fine young citizen. From a scholar to a Tilruir to medic and back again, I served Haelun’or in any way I could - until I left.

When returning from my decades long vacation, I was not greeted by the same Haelun’or that I had left, not the Haelun’or I knew. Instead, I was treated like a criminal, an outsider, by one Braxus Ni’leya - forced to choose between my Talonnii or citizenship, when all my talonnii has tried to do is aid the state to greatness.

This is the same Braxus Ni’leya that preaches democracy, yet who rose to leadership without so much as a vote, the same Braxus Ni’leya that attempted mere weeks ago to do the same. How can you believe in democracy but call yourself Sohaer without a vote of the council? 

It is because he is a tyrant.

I loathe the idea of picking sides, to further divide a nation already at odds. However, as I look out onto the marble streets decorated with its citizen’s blood, I can no longer stall.

As Okarir’nor, it is my duty to regulate the land. Regulate the taxing, regulate the housing and its residents. But the land I hold so dearly to be is being destroyed. We are falling backwards, to damaging and dangerous traditions. This is not progress, this is digression. Our economy has been ruined under the Ni’leya reign - our diplomacy tarnished and its citizenry at neck constantly.

I believe Ivarielle may save Haelun’or, and so, I must follow my gut instinct. Believe in me as I do you, the culture will be preserved, even if I must fight foot and tooth for it. With Braxus, Haelun’or will fall, but with Ivarielle, might it rise.

And so, I give my official support to Ivarielle for Sohaership.

Sincerely, 

Okarir’nor April Viradiraar - Valwynn

MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA

_ONJFATqlSBW7TElgefr0pDHUh4n9GM_UMqkzKpWIWLo7hZWYJ4Z7jP_1pP6QFLwTcHcSpVetRCRAXw-5K9jipsgzrg-5BUI3Qzd8is2ZoK3xVYm7MAhm3USo_5NTQzyf5boh04

[!] Iphys received the missive, eyes wide with surprise. "Lari'onn, I am glad that you have faith in our Ivarielle... May Haelun'or thrive under her.. And may we, as her council, help ensure that we flourish." Iphys looked out onto Haelun'or from her office, a peace settling in her once again. 

“My sisters and I are not to be underestimated” 

Ayliana nodded as she looked to the four. 

“Haelunor will be built on a foundation of trust and understanding, no longer will we have a cult-like leadership founded on lies.”

Laerdya gave a dip of her head at the missive after Guide had read it to her "As I've said time and time again, these so called republicans are only liars, who consort with the dark for their own gain, who run at the face of danger, they will pin upon us their own failings, we must resist this at every turn, do not allow them to place blame upon their own impurities on us. Haelun'or will rise up once more under the Silver Phoenix."

*A Toga'd high elf bares his himation and a laurel of silver. He clears his throat.*

"Aha! Well then, Allow me to rebuke your points!"

----

This is the same Braxus Ni’leya that preaches democracy, yet who rose to leadership without so much as a vote, the same Braxus Ni’leya that attempted mere weeks ago to do the same. How can you believe in democracy but call yourself Sohaer without a vote of the council? 

-----

Beaming brightly, the elf smiles the sun's smile, gesticulating at this point!

"This, you speak, yet you fail to note that She-Who-Never-Was, as well arose to Sohaership after her many flowery words of sponsoring the ways of democracy, declaring herself Tyrant without proper vote. Though those who cannot see their own misdeeds are quick to point the finger upon another, why do you not first question yourself. Why do you support the deeds of a tyrant but only when it fits your world view? After all, never did Braxus declare himself sohaer!"

----

As Okarir’nor, it is my duty to regulate the land. Regulate the taxing, regulate the housing and its residents. But the land I hold so dearly to be is being destroyed. We are falling backwards, to damaging and dangerous traditions. This is not progress, this is digression. Our economy has been ruined under the Ni’leya reign - our diplomacy tarnished and its citizenry at neck constantly.

-----

"Yet destroyed it is being, 'Guardian' of the land. You are one who, in denouncing the peaceful resistance, the one which you allowed extremist death-squads to be sent after, and property to be destroyed. For is it not the will of THE PEOPLE who establish her fine economy? Citizens travel great distances, many leagues in water-craft and over great lands to bring our citystate wealth and prosperity. To go forth and take what she needs. It is OUR people who had gone forth and taken great privilege, earning rights and respects in the citystates of others. Winning our greatest allies. Yet what of you? You tell of digression, yet what of that of your own? From an upstanding citizen into one tarnished by the blood of innocents, and the ruin of the island you were esposed to lend great Guardianship. The citizenry knows of your ways, April, as truthfully as you have seen unarmed Mali'thill beaten and killed in the street. Your directorship, corrupted by the very ones who seek to turn us into slaves. For this, I call for your resignation. If you had not already ceased your representation of the brave citizenry by siding with the very tyrant. Staining your hands a tarnish not easily washed, and not forgotten, as us elves live long times."

Edited by SteppeNomad