A CHALLENGE - Alaion Miravaris

Spoiler

A CHALLENGE - Alaion Miravaris

- penned and issued by A. Miravaris, 69 S.A. -

Lliran, I come to you today to correct a mistake that I made long ago: to run, democratically, for the Sohaership of our blessed cihi.

I admit, my short but brief tenure as Sohaer was one thrust upon me in the midst of chaos - and, knowing little else, I held the stance that a steel fist would grant stability, quelling the tide. 

Since then I have learnt - to right a wrong. Those were my words, and now do I seek to follow such with action.

_b0viOa32jP0MeIq1Rhwv6eEc6765fGJg4ZmLzJrotrAg6pETZeOnrvW81suhK9dO-mGq2x49jKsXguoq4hyxXd2u0O0KKi2FyHHI0iraiRh9GwSq10GppKhv8iZlfhuh9DuZdfk

[!] An artist’s rendition of old Haelun’orian ruins - the old cities re-imagined.

[ACA - Limca by Johann Blais]

There is much still yet I wish to do; a number of changes which I seek to bring to our Silver Shores.  And for this, I call for the support of my lliran, to cast their vote in the election, to place their trust in me to bring forth the wisdom I have gained in their favour.

I hold a vision, lliran - a vision for our future. I have seen elCihi rise and fall into stagnancy, I have seen it flourish with light - these patterns made clear, I have been able to learn how to best keep our Cihi alive. 

gmazw0H5vA6OsF3AksTfQBbgY0MEMZydSVjI-YsTPOcsBQU_YSQ0EO5-ItQgC60Uq38XucceUK6EZMoLgSVchlfy107bBhgErnDlOw1Pc0_2nZV9whyNrjQTMGlJZFuU6XA6qLZ6

[!] An artist’s rendition of a past Haelun’orian city.

[A New Hope by Johann Blais]

Our home, our blessed Silver City, has recently fallen under threat - dutiful Sillumiran, unarmed civilians and even oem’iian are among those who have been harmed at the hands of the militant ‘fenn and ‘ata that for some time occupied our streets; those that may seek to do so again in future.

I promise you now, lliran - I shall do all that can be done to make elCihi safe for the children of Silver once more.

EAH4FXi2jnDJ57Ov0y4Gke1ESwoUxquCg2WEMNp67ZJlh41THq1owW5NmIsl73vCw8Xp8f3h26_rEcL0nqVpnymABDRfB_p74PSInOTMNHEvT1nhCL1tzjn1ODfvncAuLkyOrwiK

My Pledge

As Sohaer, I would seek to instate the following:

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

OEM | SAFETY

I : The immediate approach to repairing our Silver Gates, to once again solidifying Silver Walls. A formalised gatekeeping process shall be implemented - one that is flexible, but fair. 

As Mali’thill, we should seek to grant challenge and inspiration to those who wish to visit our fair home : I should seek to have gatekeepers assign short quests to leisurely visitors. Those who visit for diplomacy, however, would fret not to be delayed - the issuing of diplomat passports would be open and accessible.

II : The continued offer of immunity and refuge to those actively undergoing the Path to Purity, as per tradition, as per the directions of elMalauriran - as righteousness demands.

In regards to the Mali’fenn maliata’ehya that recently have made entrance into our walls - I would encourage any with pure Mali’thill blood that have perhaps been led astray to undertake the Path to Purity, and seek out formal citizenship once more. The Silver Way holds difficulties, but I believe that given the right encouragement, all of Silver Blood can prevail through - to follow in Larihei’s legacy. 

Yet, all who are not Mali’thill nor seeking a return to Silver are beckoned to make their departure; I am ever merciful, and would see that even those of true ‘ata filth are offered this chance to leave our walls before they are removed.

NIUT  | STRUCTURE

III : The introduction of a reformed structure of elHeial’thilln, in which each Okarir may be appointed or dismissed to and from their position by the elected Sohaer, but is open to challenge such that, if well-supported, it shall call for a debate and election to be held over the position.

The structure of elHeial’thilln ought to be, as always, meritocratic. Such is the logical way - the Mali’thill are intelligent as individuals, and yet only together might we hope to bring about an appropriate leadership, one that holds the approval of the People to guide the vessel that is Haelun’or towards the maehr’sae hiylun’ehya. 

Elections as mentioned are to be held with the oversight of elMalauriran, and the electorate criteria being a Blessed Citizen:

a) Proven pure of blood.

b) Proven adherent of maehr’sae hiylun’ehya.

c) Not currently undergoing Path to Purity.

d) Elementary understanding of the Elven tongue.

e) Submission of a minimum of one satisfactory tome to The Eternal Library.

f) Contribution to The Silver State of Haelun’or for five years 

i.e. Sillumiran service, work beneath a council department, personal industry, active study, writings for the Eternal Library, physician, etc.

Where disagreement over the status of blessed citizen of any individual may be resolved through Malauriran vote.

I would aspire to take a census early-on within my Sohaership as to make this status clear.

Within my Silver Council, I would seek to hold Six Okariran Offices, with the addition of the Medi’ir and Sulii’ceru - the former of which is chosen by Elsohaer to act as their personal delegate to foreign nations, who represents them in interactions with outside powers, and the latter of which is chosen by Elmaheral to remain unknown - their sole prerogative power being to call an early dissolution of the Silver Council in times of crisis, immediately bringing forth a new election. 

The Six Okariran Offices (Okarnan) would be as follows :

Okarir’mali, master of Elves - TAVERN, EVENTS

Okarir’maehr, master of Knowledge - LIBRARY, COLLEGE

Okarir’hiylun, master of Health - CLINIC, LABORATORIES

Okarir’tir, master of Law - SILLUMIRAN, INVESTIGATION, TRIAL
Okarir’san, master of Words - INFORM, SCRIBE, DEBATE
Okarir’nor, master of Land - CITIZENSHIP, ECONOMY, TRADE

NOTE :  I believe to begin with, it would be best for the elected Sohaer to appoint Okariran in order to achieve stability and immediate functioning of the Silver State, a full council with which to begin swiftly making repairs and improvements to the city, yet these Okariran will still remain subject to electoral challenge from citizenry who feel they could better serve such a position. 

Once this is established, and a census taken, I would seek to fill any vacant positions by holding an election for the post.

In regards to the Mali’thill who currently hold such positions - or similar such positions - I would still yet like to make their further acquaintance.

HAEL | DIPLOMACY

IV : The selection of a Medi’ir

Should I be elected Sohaer, I would start my tenure - after addressing the very immediate issues of public safety and a functioning base council - with my selection of a Medi’ir. I hope to hold within my first elven week a number of meetings with potential candidates, and would advise and inspire any and all with the vested interest in bringing about a Haelun’or with an elevated voice upon the international stage, a Haelun’or which seeks to interact with the outside world, to contact me regarding such an appointment within that first elven week after the election. 

V : The opening up of diplomatic avenues, and active correspondence 

Lliran, it is no doubt that in recent years our touch with the outside world has waned. For a time too long have we become complacent and isolationist, comfortable within our home - we see now that such can only last so long. 

I would wish to offer our neighbours embassies, trade routes, pacts - to re-engage our Silver State in the affairs of the world, to rebuild and kindle anew friendships with fellow states, for we must be champions of progress for all; we, the Mali’thill, are bound by elmaehr’sae hiylun’ehya to strive for Progress, and that Progress we shall extend to our cousins, our neighbours, the lliran to our blessed Haelun’or.

VAELU | EDUCATION

VI : The integration of the Silver Clinic with the re-introduction of the Haelun’orian Laboratories.

For too long has Haelun’or been without proper scientific study. This is one key aim of mine - to link back together our Medical branch and our Scientific branch, as they always ought to have been. It is only through this that we might advance hiylun - that we might advance the maehr’sae hiylun’ehya, in fact. Progress and health calls for progress in health. 

I would hope to encourage the active resurgence of the Haelun’orian scientific community - like in the days of old, of Sullas, shall we praise and facilitate our fine inventors, studious ‘thill, and provide them an environment in which they may work. Through this, may we prosper and see the development of modern enlightenment.

VII : The formal re-issue of Eternal Library rulings.

I would seek to encourage elOkarir’maehr to publish the formal requirements necessary to enter the Eternal Library once again; such being a donation of a book, quality-checked by elOkarn’maehr (the department of elOkarir’maehr). Oem’iian (Mali’thill beneath the age of 50) are to be exempt from this requirement, and special other exemptions may be made in very occasional cases, but overall I would aspire to have this encouragement towards literacy and the continued development and growth of our Eternal Library, the oldest and largest in all the realm.

VIII : The facilitation of the Eternal College as an apprenticeship system.

Lliran, we have seen the Eternal College start-up - and swiftly stop - in the past. No more of this, I say: I hope to cultivate instead a system of meritocracy and independent learning, guided by those of scholarly achievement. I seek to have lectures be openly held by any, whilst facilitating an ‘apprenticeship’ system from teachers to students. 

Ideally, each teacher should take on between two to four students - no more, for each deserves quality time spent tutoring one-on-one. These teachers shall act as mentors and facilitators of their students' growth, challenging them to projects, taking their assistance in studies and experiments, and most of all supporting the individual aspirations and experiments of their students. This personal attention, I believe, would be the best way for our Mali’thill oem’iian to gain knowledge and insight, as well as a greater sense of freedom in their studies.

One hopes that this issue of self-nomination and challenge shall inspire you, my dear citizenry - both to inspire each ‘thill personally, and to perhaps inspire your confidence in my vision to lead, ne rule over, Haelun’or: to guide our people to prosperity.

Any who hold queries upon this or any other topic, or who simply wish to speak and make my acquaintance, are more than welcome to contact me with an invitation of tea.

Signed,

A. Miravaris

G734lkvqHuaK73mNBoaVJr7RkyfdCWDArwznvovJAFK_Gfn1_mAT0GIualvfXOydDVC5b3vogQEQRzylqsZcKIRAoRFjg_cwlcrMx6IyBonFeg_MLglj1L1_niMx4K1JRusNjo8y

"You've failed once, you'll do it again. Slaves of Dimaethor Visaj do not change." Valindra scoffed, her hands twitching in irritation. "If you become Sohaer, I'll be the first to work to ensure you do not make it so much as an elven week in charge."

The Maheral smiles, upon reading this declaration of candidacy.

"How fascinating!"

Edited by Gavin_

“I am sure the Mali obsessed with Malaurir Visaj must be saying how we are slaves and what not. Ugh, someone certainly needs a personality” Usamea An’asul idly commented, nodding in approval as she read the challenge

"A Mali'thill of long time serving to Elcihi'thilln, cordial and earnest in nature, the Miravaris is honourable. Kae nae'leh lle salume Alaion. Larehan ito kae'leh."

Somewhere beyond the Silver Bastion, the former Sohaer of Haelun'or Idendril Elassidil received the news of the imminent election, and of the first candidate "At last, after so many years of expectation, I shall have a successor. Truly, good tidings come from elCihi. For peace and prosperity of our kin. Ay'Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya, ay'Sohaer Maheral'ehya." She then hurried to retrieve her favorite book by Alaion Miravaris from her bag, making sure the signature of the missive was authentic.

Deep within the Silver City, sits a 'thill with his hair pulled back into a ponytail. He studies the challenge and smirks, mumbling slightly to himself. "He told me his intentions to run.. Let us see if he can gain all support from we truly pure 'thill."

A much younger Miravaris peers over the missive in disbelief, skimming over it with intrigue and hope. "A true mali'thill, one proved and tested - with achievements countless." He'd beam a wide smile, a hand reaching  so as to lift the parchment closer to his eyes, inspecting his relative's policies with great interest. "A worthy successor for Laurir Idendril, at last! Maehr'sae hiylun'ehya!"

"Truly beautiful are those with talent, precollection, and silver soul. May your candidacy be well and guided by the lights of truth! May our bright society show truly of our worth!!" A Sailor smiles brightly! Packing a vessel full of salt

[!] A minor amendment would be made and issued by the author and nominee.

"After letter of advice from one fine scholarly citizen, and some furthered reading, the name of the Okarir position responsible for Laboratories and Clinic within this proposition shall be Okarir'hiylun rather than Okarir'tayna.

Ahernan, and apologies for the small change."