A LETTER TO THE HOUSE OF BARCLAY II

To the Duke of Reinmar,

Word carries to the South the accusations you made against our kin. For long have we maintained good relations with our brethren in Haense and now you openly denounce them. In a pathetic display made public, you ask for an apology. It does not surprise us that a Waldenian dog would ask for an apology- when he could reaffirm his own honour through combat. I have spoken with my cousin, Mikhail, heir to Vidaus and Baron of Rostig, and know him to be anything but untruthful. If he says that Barclay women are wenches, then it is likely true. If he says that your line is inbred, then it is likely true. You have been insulted by a mere child, allowing a boy's words to fracture your fragile ego. A Barrow of fourteen bested you in single combat and took you prisoner. It does not surprise us that a crossing of blades disturbs your mind. Meet the demands of the Duke of Vidaus, choose honour and pick five of your best combatants and I expect the Duke of Vidaus will do the same.

Signed, His Excellency, Ivan Viktor var Ruthern, Duke of Reutov, Count of Kositz

Signed, Andrezj Barrow, Lord of Barrow’s Crossing

ESg3BlL2lH_3s6wd-87n9bpHgy44lAdTRws85Hr2QYfQk3Fga3YYE88NnRI6Z7XaDTeEcdI6ghl-XrRdnsVvs-nKsCdWzJk8HnidEIVVreL8Hb_0XRR56oD0_PH5WyzVs18sUvUH

"This just in. Rutherns consorting with their incestuous relatives we're at war with! Could this be yet another cause for feud???" Adelmar reports to the Barclay News Network, Waldenia's preferred source of news since 1842!

The Duchess of Vidaus chokes on her tea. 

Duke Rhys var Ruthern smiled. "The first step in restoring the mend between our two branches."

Erika Barclay rose her brow heavily "So, this Orenian Duke claims that Ich got called a wench because it is true? Well Ich know who to aim my sword for when we meet on the battlefield during this war." the woman then let out a heavy scoff before ripping it up and throwing it in the fire

"And to think all this happened because Ich stood up for mein own honor and mein cousin's" 

Fredrick Ludovar ventures to Reinmar to assure his loyalty to the everlasting alliance between Ludovar and Barclay.

1 hour ago, Dogged said:

Fredrick Ludovar ventures to Reinmar to assure his loyalty to the everlasting alliance between Ludovar and Barclay.

Adele Ludovar is proud of him for doing so. Cookies await him back at the keep.