My Honest Thoughts

JoshBright

My honest thoughts on recent events

this post is a response of sorts to rules recently made by the administration team

if you have not read the post yet, please do so first prior to reading this: RE: Our New Mission Statement

<3

The recent rule made to combat on LOTC have been less then favorable for just about everyone on the server. posts have been made and complaints have been had, however. I am not one to just complain without trying to offer a viable solution to all parties. I firmly believe that getting rid of defender default was a mistake. However brining it back now would also not fit the mission statement. Because of that i offer to you all a middle ground.

New rules:

RP Combat:

• Roleplay Combat (honor system) is the default style-of-combat.

• When 8 or more people are involved, you may transition to PvP (mechanics-combat) if over 50% of the defenders vote in favor (or majority vote).

• Guards are defenders when enforcing murder, assault, theft, and/or vandalism.

My Suggestion:

RP-Defender Combat

• Roleplay Combat (honor or roll system) is the default style-of-combat.
  • When 6 or more people are involved, the defending party has the right to choose how combat proceeds(Honor, Roll or PvP)
  • When 12 or more people are involved combat defaults to PvP but may be over turned by a vote of 75% of the defending party 
  • Guards are defenders when enforcing murder, assault, theft, treason, and/or vandalism.

I believe this would this provide a better combat system for all parties, and lets be honest, RP-Combat is amazing in small numbers but no one wants to deal with emote flooding or 24 hour long combat, this game is a hobby to people first and foremost, not their life. 

The other new rule i take gripe with is this one: 

Subjugation War Goal (7500 x tiles)

The ultimate demand. Annex a bordering nation or non-nation settlement.

• Win a normal field and siege battle in the capital tile.

• The defender must have one remaining tile.

• The subjugating nation may not evict for 3 months.

Get this of this all together. Poof. Make it so it never happened. This war goal will only be used by larger nations against settlements or smaller nations. Admins, you removed the Pk War goal due to it forcing people to pk their personas. I believe that was the correct choice. HOWEVER. What you have done is something far worse. you have allowed there is be a war goal to kill an entire nation or settlement. If you goal was to make it so people would not be forced to give up their persona's due unfair or unreasonable circumstances then you have utterly failed by making something much worse. 

well i am unsure of how rules or systems are voted on i implore the admin team to take a longer time in the future in order to think it over PRIOR to doing something you may or may not regret. perhaps i am just rambling and perhaps no one on LOTC agrees with me however i am ok with  that. I just wish to provide my honest opinion. Yes this is a roleplay server first and foremost. However. This is also a large community composing of over 500 members. For those who have read this far i would thank you. 

Your Truly 

Joshua (JoshBright)

Def better system than what we currently have. Still some stuff that could be improved upon.

@Nectorist@Elite SnipesUp to y'all but y'all should def consider adding something like this as  a custom war rule as under the current changes it makes raiding such a pain in the ass.

Ngl now that I think about it all parties should be able to vote on such as if the defender was to choose, if you were to raid a settlement the defender could just do crp untill they rally enough people and then switch to pvp, kind of hard to do so with raid caps especially. 

I agree, while I think CRP is a lot of fun - it's kinda odd tp CRP with more then 6 people...

1 hour ago, JoshBright said:

The other new rule i take gripe with is this one: 

Get this of this all together. Poof. Make it so it never happened. This war goal will only be used by larger nations against settlements or smaller nations. Admins, you removed the Pk War goal due to it forcing people to pk their personas. I believe that was the correct choice. HOWEVER. What you have done is something far worse. you have allowed there is be a war goal to kill an entire nation or settlement. If you goal was to make it so people would not be forced to give up their persona's due unfair or unreasonable circumstances then you have utterly failed by making something much worse. 

well i am unsure of how rules or systems are voted on i implore the admin team to take a longer time in the future in order to think it over PRIOR to doing something you may or may not regret. perhaps i am just rambling and perhaps no one on LOTC agrees with me however i am ok with  that. I just wish to provide my honest opinion. Yes this is a roleplay server first and foremost. However. This is also a large community composing of over 500 members. For those who have read this far i would thank you. 

Your Truly 

Joshua (JoshBright)

Agreed that I dont think subjugate really keeps the standard that they're setting. It's also rather confusing IMO, but I might be overthinking. Here's my original question in staff discord that did not get a response on re Subjugation:

"But can we get a little more clarification on this? Isn't this just conquest on a 3 month eviction timer for the attacker? What if defenders only have 1 tile to being with? What does that mean for non-nation settlements that dont have a single tile at all? Whats even the point of the 3 month timer? To give the original defenders time to rebel?"

18 minutes ago, K_rusader said:

Def better system than what we currently have.

@Nectorist@Elite SnipesUp to y'all but y'all should def consider adding something like this as  a custom war rule as under the current changes it makes raiding such a pain in the ass.

No, I will not make exceptions for horses to jump into Arichsdorf through trees soz blud! 

>RP SERVER
>DOESNT WANNA CRP

> Y?

37 minutes ago, The60th said:

Running into a city, with
[!] A man runs forward his sword at the ready shouting "Halt!" lowering his blade he blocks the path
On copy paste, and hitting that sweet sweet ctrl+v enter
Then doing
#looc 12+ pvp?
Really brings a lot to my roleplay.

Hmm had that happen to me before can't remember who exactly but they had an Orange nametag. Really screwed up my Orenian Guard rp.

39 minutes ago, rukio said:

No, I will not make exceptions for horses to jump into Arichsdorf through trees soz blud! 

This is a fantasy server we have giant lizard monsters but we can't have flying horses????

Yes, because flying horses force you to make your builds ugly and people want stuff to be pretty.

The scenery plays a big part in roleplay - imagine a movie with super ugly effect like in the past. Even though the acting was brilliant, very little people watch because the immersion just isn't as good. :)

3 hours ago, JoshBright said:

What you have done is something far worse. you have allowed there is be a war goal to kill an entire nation or settlement. If you goal was to make it so people would not be forced to give up their persona's due unfair or unreasonable circumstances then you have utterly failed by making something much worse. 

God forbid if the same stagnant nations we've had for 10 years take a tumble.

4 hours ago, JoshBright said:

I believe that was the correct choice. HOWEVER. What you have done is something far worse. you have allowed there is be a war goal to kill an entire nation or settlement.

From what I understand is that they have to leave the nation 1 tile left so they can not kill an entire nation, with 1 tile left that could add a lot to rp idk why you think it wouldn't 

5 hours ago, JoshBright said:

roll with the punches

massivecraft is a great place if you just want tavern rp

6 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

Yes, because flying horse force you to make your builds ugly and people want stuff to be pretty.

I mean. We did have flying horses, specifically. Pegasus horses in accepted lore. However due to the revamp of the wiki and creature index being put into denied lore they where shelved.

You couldn't fly them while riding however as ya'll to fat.

Found it:

Personally disagree on subjugation, it makes sense for nations to be destroyed, it adds to the role play of the server for an entire nation to just vanish after war and it’s far more realistic than “we can’t finish the war because skygod”

3 hours ago, argonian said:

roll with the punches

massivecraft is a great place if you just want tavern rp

joshbright do love some tavern rp