A Letter in the Throne Room

[!] A letter would be publicly hung up in the Urguan Throne Room for all to see.

"Levian'Tol Grandaxe,

It is a shame it is not better circumstances which I am writing. However, I have been informed of a plot by the Mage's Guild to open up smaller voidal tears and experiment on them. They first planned such in Elvendom before they changed their plans to do it elsewhere. The indivduals involved are Tahorran, Odysseus, Eliza, and Barnabus for the one's we know about. Eliza is the leader of the Mages Guild and the main one responsible. I am giving the Grand Kingdom of Urguan the respect of letting them know of the atrocities which were planned of being committed by these magi that have gone mad, and am informing you all of me writing a open letter for them to be exposed for these misdeeds. I understand the climate between the realm is not well, yet I would like to ensure we mages and Urguan remain on amicable terms, hence my request to handle these wayward mages accordingly.

Best Regards,
Valyris Wynasul
High Magus of the Arcanic Court."

Prince Kosher Daesmon would immediately begin a ride to Urguan to see his old friend

[!] A second letter is hung up in the Urguan Throne Room for all to see, next to the first.

It is imperative that magical organizations of all realms band together and make sure that alleged misuses of magic are true before releasing information which may cause unnecessary alarm, or harm. Such information, especially when gathered and made public hastily, may often be incomplete or entirely false.

The Mages' Guild is actively seeking ways to close tears, and is actively working to prevent their creation, as several of our public meetings have shown. Additionally, a missive was made public this elven day condemning such practices. Micro-tears do not exist, are not planned for the future, and theoretical experiments - such as creating a single micro-tear in a secure location to practice closing a tear - have not been put into practice. There was an initial plan to create a tiny tear, and then close it, to make sure that the process worked, but this plan was quickly deemed far too risky, for reasons the Arcanic Court has been kind enough to reiterate for us here today.

It is with some confusion that we respond now, as we have been learned that a member of the Arcanic Court was informed the previous elven day that no use of tears was planned, including the proposed micro-tear. This member was identified as Renae Athri'onn, and she stood not five feet away as she was told this information. We can only assume that there must have been a failure of communications within the Arcanic Court itself, for its members to act on and publish information they already should have known to be incorrect.

To reiterate - The Mages' Guild intends to prevent the creation of tears, punish those responsible for making tears, and close tears wherever and whenever possible. The Guild will work with whatever organizations, magical or mundane, are willing to assist in this goal.

As we have since the days of Aegis, we intend to promote responsible use and study of the magical arts throughout the continent. The Arcanic Court's intentions are noble, but their methods, internal communications, and failure to contact any member of the Mages' Guild for any sort of clarification or questions - instead relying upon half-truths and rumors - reflects poorly on their wayward organization.

APwfYzDNR-apI3WvpF2QxIKSVlJtpCxK1dRBlOkC

ARCANUS ET RELIQUUM

Est. ante-1300