Admin Decision re Haelun'or

HogoBojo

You know. I've flamed the admins once or twice before. Throughout my time, I've had my beef. I'll go out and be a 'hypocrite'.

35 minutes ago, overlord2305 said:

Administration, for all I care in its entirety, should step down over this debacle. At each and every turn we were met with last minute changes of demands from the administration team.

I don't know you. I don't know your background. I don't know where you come from. I don't know what you have experienced.

But. With that. I'll say this.

You don't know where the admins are coming from on this decision.  You don't know every detail. You don't know every log they've seen. During some meme'ing, I saw Hogo and Llir working to try and come up with a best solution that makes everyone happy.

This shit sucks.

You will never make everyone on LOTC happy but they still tried their hardest.

There's a thousand sides to every story and there's never a single truth. Yet they have to find the reality in it all.

Get off the Admin's asses.

Edited by L0rdLawyer

30 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

-snip-

I will say given what I know with my own personal interactions with current and ex admins, with stories I have been told by others, new and old, the decisions I have seen, constantly watching the same mistakes being repeated for the past three years I have been actively apart of LotC, where I've seen and heard of some of the worst abuse happen. I don't think we should let it slide when they objectively let the server down today by going against the mission statement they recently put out, when they let the down the server when players are seemingly actively ignored when they report shit, when they let the server down when the mod admin acted like a child and a clown in the new Hnor Discord and proceeded to ban a user they taunted for something they didn't even end up doing and being petty about it. I frankly don't particularly care for them to be admins for this server, if this server is going to improve and reach the potential it has, it needs better and capable leaders, ones who are willing to combat the toxic environment that just leads to inaction and players becoming unsatisfied and in turn toxic. Really don't know what to suggest for admins or players to fix it at this point, time and time again, this type of conversation is going to be repeated by new and old, and nothing will be done about it unfortunately. LotC sits in a comfortable position because there is some good in the community to be found and has security in being a ten year old server, and since it sits in a comfortable position it doesn't need to change, just ignore the players when they **** up until it blows over and carry on, just for good measure say how you will be looking at the criticisms that have been likely repeated for almost a decade and offer no actionable plans on what you will do to change. God I can't wait till Lego Star Wars comes out.

7 hours ago, HogoBojo said:

With a small militia and guerilla tactics, the Republic group managed to take control of the docks, preventing the Ivarielle group from resupplying. With supply lines cut off the logistics of keeping control of the island became unmanageable; they chose to withdraw rather than cause additional bloodshed.

This is without a doubt a the dumbest rp solution. Painting one side as completely incompetent to oppose to small militias when during the conflict there wasnt even a small group that fought back.

If my group got this statement, after the war cooldown I would comeback and conquer the tile out of spite.

There is a lot of pent up aggression in the attacker group because their rp got ignored during the conflict and now with admin approval. Ignoring others roleplay should never be rewarded. This will not resolve this conflict and will further lead to more ooc hate.

When I get bandited in the future can I just ignore it and staff will give 'em their inventory too?

48 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

-snip-

No, I will not 'get off their ass', and I don't care what other things admins have on their mind, because it isn't our problem, or even relevant to the issue at hand.

If any one administrator is incapable of dealing with a situation properly and without bias they should say so and stay out of it. If this applies to the entire administration team then they should not get involved at all, and allow the situation to sort itself out, as would have happened here were it not for their biased meddling.

They demonstrably made the wrong choice, and I will call them out for it.

I once again ask for those administrators that decided to involve themselves on the behalf of old Haelun'or to resign, especially those with whom it is an open secret that they are, and have always been on old Haelun'or's side.

Honestly? What else should have admins done, after one leafinh individual stated they all did it for OOC reasons publically in the forums?

Yes, the solution is shit, but I personally see no better solution to this nonsense.

13 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

Honestly? What else should have admins done, after one leafinh individual stated they all did it for OOC reasons publically in the forums?

Yes, the solution is shit, but I personally see no better solution to this nonsense.

Assuming this is even remotely true, should the entire 30+ group that sought to retake Haelun'or from people that have neglected it for god knows how long, be punished for that, should all their legitimate rp go unrewarded? 

We paid the war costs, despite it being raised by the admins halfway through.
We won the warclaim, despite the admins letting Hnor stall for several weeks.
We took PRO through rp, after which staff decided to take it away from us, for no other reason than personal bias. 
We expelled the people that neglected and drove OUR nation into the ground, after which staff told us we were not allowed to start 'conflict' in OUR nation, because the old haelun'or players couldn't cope with having lost.
We rallied thrice the old haelun'or playerbase when the administration told us that this was how PRO ownership would be decided, yet once more they moved the goalpost, instead quoting 'data' from long before we had started our revival of Haelun'or, or were able to be within the city.

I once more respectfully ask those admins involved to resign. 

And ban the player that had an entire OOC page written out in a form post explaining why this was OOCly driven. 

But other than that, massive W. The OOC bad guys actually lost this time. 

its actually comical. If that OOC was never written on that post by a certain user I’m not going to name, then this would have never happened. If you’re going to OOC plot, at least don’t announce it to everyone! 

7 minutes ago, overlord2305 said:

Assuming this is even remotely true,

the post he's referring to quite clearly stated that

21 minutes ago, overlord2305 said:

Assuming this is even remotely true

Quit denying it. It was there for everyone to read. If this wouldn't have happened, I heavily doubt Admins would have gotten involved and we would have had our victory. But jumping at admins throats for enforcing standards rude.

The only bias I can see here is Admins ignoring the massive break of standards and not banning anyone from our side's leadership as well as rewarding our side with a free settlement and paste.

I guess it was to keep the ooc peace and provide a compromise.

8 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

Quit denying it. It was there for everyone to read. If this wouldn't have happened, I heavily doubt Admins would have gotten involved and we would have had our victory. But jumping at admins throats for enforcing standards rude.

The only bias I can see here is Admins ignoring the massive break of standards and not banning anyone from our side's leadership as well as rewarding our side with a free settlement and paste.

I guess it was to keep the ooc peace and provide a compromise.

Quit it with the obvious bull, you know just as well as I that this 'ooc' was just someone getting back at old Harlun'or by saying something false they knew would russle their jimmies.

And even had they been serious it would still not have been a remotely valid reason for the admin team to handle this the way they have. 

It is beyond rude to punish an entire group of thirty plus people for a singular off comment a single person within that group made, once.

I continue to ask those admins involved in this decision to resign

16 minutes ago, overlord2305 said:

It is beyond rude to punish an entire group of thirty plus people for a singular off comment a single person within that group made, once.

We weren't punished. Our side got NO punishment AND a free settlement as well as a free paste.

Good decision for the server in my opinion 

25 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

We weren't punished. Our side got NO punishment AND a free settlement as well as a free paste.

We got cheated out of healun'or, which is rightfully ours.

I once more ask the relevant admins to resign

2 minutes ago, overlord2305 said:

We got cheated out of healun'or, which is rightfully ours.

I once more ask the relevant admins to resign

"Healun'or" would be rightfully ours, if someone hadn't said they just gave it to us for OOC reasons.

Honestly, you're acting it was some irrelevant person making some dumb comment. But they were THE reason we got Haelun'or, without them it would have never happened.

So yes, it's a valid reason.

And let's be real: If Haelun'or is that irrelevant it will either:

a) get conquered in the next WC in 4 weeks.

b) die due activity and we take the city by buying the tile.

So for real, don't make a drama over nothing.

20 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

"Healun'or" would be rightfully ours, if someone hadn't said they just gave it to us for OOC reasons.

Honestly, you're acting it was some irrelevant person making some dumb comment. But they were THE reason we got Haelun'or, without them it would have never happened.

So yes, it's a valid reason.

And let's be real: If Haelun'or is that irrelevant it will either:

a) get conquered in the next WC in 4 weeks.

b) die due activity and we take the city by buying the tile.

So for real, don't make a drama over nothing.

Honestly, if the player who did this had acted as NL longer than 4 days and then didn't say, 'I'm going on hiatus for a week', then Haelun'or would have 100% been fair game. Besides the numerous other things this player did and then blatantly lied about, Haelun'or would have been owned by Ivarielle right now.