Admin Decision re Haelun'or

HogoBojo

(insert the screeching I put in the previous threads on the matter here)

58 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

"Healun'or" would be rightfully ours, if someone hadn't said they just gave it to us for OOC reasons.

I think unironically the post Kiwi made was dumb on her part, but unfortunately I know a lot of people have had a bad experience with the Hnor community, this is not say everyone is evil in the community.  I think a lot of people read too much into her OOC comment that was likely just poorly worded, ultimately just believe she wanted to say Hnor was going to be under new leadership that wouldn't continue a cycle of some of the OOC shit that has happened in the past, anyone who denies that Hnor has a checkered past is just straight up lying. But everyone latches to the OOC part as if there would had been literal 0 IRP reasoning for her character to do this, I know Hnor IRPly in the past had betrayed her IRP friends, I believe in the past it betrayed her, and it actively IRPly during this entire conflict opted to ignore Ivarielle's movement for months when people in leadership in Hnor just said they weren't gonna log on so they couldn't be killed, straight up if my country's leadership wasn't gonna fight to save itself I'm dipping.  Literal months of RP completely ruined because of one individual for a single OOC comment, yet Ivarielle's ENTIRE movement has to suffer as a result, yet you've had those loyal to old Hnor that have combat logged, that have meta gamed, that have frankly failed RP, that have been toxic OOCly to individuals who weren't sided with them and made shitty remarks about them, suffer no punishment whatsoever for any rules they've broken. Knowing the behind the scenes of the server not really surprised, all one can do is mald, seethe and shit post until it is outta their system and move on.

32 minutes ago, Elennanore said:

Honestly, if the player who did this had acted as NL longer than 4 days and then didn't say, 'I'm going on hiatus for a week', then Haelun'or would have 100% been fair game. Besides the numerous other things this player did and then blatantly lied about, Haelun'or would have been owned by Ivarielle right now.

Well, the city would had been owned, if we lost we would had done the settlement thing. 

Naturally, it was just two groups that did not get along with one another. One trying to restrict or force the other's rp, and or prevent rp altogether. Bad takes all around. Just burns people out having to read all of this, the comments, anyway. Hogo's post was fine and the admins did what they could.

5 hours ago, Laeonathan said:

Honestly? What else should have admins done, after one leafinh individual stated they all did it for OOC reasons publically in the forums?

Yes, the solution is shit, but I personally see no better solution to this nonsense.

Acting like 99 percent of the motivations on this server arent for ooc reasons isnt gonna get us anywhere. There's out of game characters controlling the rp ones. As long as there's no huge metagaming it's a fact of life. 

This mission statement has to be some fucked up kind of doublespeak bc both the things done under the "mission statement" seem to go directly against the principles. Even in this post, the player supported by the mission statement is decided against. Like are we fr? Why even post the mission statement if your just gonna go against everything it says.

I literally have no problem with the individuals on the admin team but the clowning they're doing is somehow worse than actual corrupt admins on lotc. I'd rather have someone spawning in items or pex abusing than this. It's delegitimizes the entire system and makes the team look like a joke.

We should follow the systems already set in place for PRO transfer, civil wars, etc. If one side was literally ignoring roleplay and we sided with them, what does that say? Honestly, how does that support the mission statement? This is unprecedented action by the admin team over a conflict that was played by the rules. This is telling the playerbase: follow the rules, and we still might moderate you. That isn't the type of community anyone wants to be on.

20 minutes ago, Priceflash said:

Acting like 99 percent of the motivations on this server arent for ooc reasons isnt gonna get us anywhere. There's out of game characters controlling the rp ones. As long as there's no huge metagaming it's a fact of life. 

Everyone knows that NL Politics are often defined by OOC Drama. But publically admitting it's the reason you're doing stuff is a whole new level.

7 hours ago, overlord2305 said:

No, I will not 'get off their ass', and I don't care what other things admins have on their mind, because it isn't our problem, or even relevant to the issue at hand.

If any one administrator is incapable of dealing with a situation properly and without bias they should say so and stay out of it. If this applies to the entire administration team then they should not get involved at all, and allow the situation to sort itself out, as would have happened here were it not for their biased meddling.

They demonstrably made the wrong choice, and I will call them out for it.

I once again ask for those administrators that decided to involve themselves on the behalf of old Haelun'or to resign, especially those with whom it is an open secret that they are, and have always been on old Haelun'or's side.

Are you daft?

They did deal with it without bias. They tried to come up with a solution to make everyone happy. It's literal mineman. Chill the hell out. 

9 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Are you daft?

They did deal with it without bias. They tried to come up with a solution to make everyone happy. It's literal mineman. Chill the hell out. 

I'd appreciate you just not comment if you aren't able to refrain from petty insults.

Furthermore, "it's just a game" isn't an excuse, we still invested our free time into this, only to  get snubbed by the administration, for whatever reason, deciding to bend over backwards to please a small minority of players that up until now had made no effort whatshowever to actualy revitalize Haelun'or. 

My request for all involved administrator to resign still stands.

38 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

Everyone knows that NL Politics are often defined by OOC Drama. But publically admitting it's the reason you're doing stuff is a whole new level.

It's not even the reason listed for action and the admin team seems to disregard it so its not even relevant to the conversation, except being used by certain community members as the justification for their "big win". 

32 minutes ago, overlord2305 said:

deciding to bend over backwards to please a small minority of players that up until now had made no effort whatshowever to actualy revitalize Haelun'or. 

I'll just share screenshots from Novemeber in the subfourm to the PK post of Gavin (voided death) to see how active Haelun'or was up until the war which the city forfeited.

6BlgGEk.png

SZLqpFB.png

ub8MwtJ.png

htZiN2Z.png

aw6l6OK.png

I don't see how Haelun'or made no attempt to revitalize the city, though that isn't to say Haelun'or wasn't thriving, having large portions of activity and percent of players in the city. Though, as aware come war the roleplay did falter. The players did eventually return and role play within the city. Primarily being a non EST player group I can see how you don't see the 'numbers' being rallied during your peak times when half the players in the city where asleep.

Though queen, carry on.

1 hour ago, Priceflash said:

If one side was literally ignoring roleplay and we sided with them, what does that say?

hi friends, the only comment i'm gonna make on this is - if you're looking for evidence of avoided rp/rp not taken seriously, I've plenty to give.

since the situation is concluded and I don't wanna drag out petty argument, gonna move past and let bygones be bygones, but yeah - I'm just as disappointed by some of the lack of rp/ignored rp by some parties. ((i never got my cool debate rp))

still, I hope to move forward and prove that we aren't just 'holding haelun'or' for no reason; its on us now to push some good rp, and keep up the energy from the conflict !! I wish twi's group all the success they can get in getting started with their new settlement, looking forward to seeing their unique rp succeed, even if it wasn't compatible with the rest of haelun'or. <3 

now, back to work,,, o77

A great decision, and a fair verdict

+1

7 hours ago, overlord2305 said:

Assuming this is even remotely true, should the entire 30+ group that sought to retake Haelun'or from people that have neglected it for god knows how long, be punished for that, should all their legitimate rp go unrewarded? 

We paid the war costs, despite it being raised by the admins halfway through.
We won the warclaim, despite the admins letting Hnor stall for several weeks.
We took PRO through rp, after which staff decided to take it away from us, for no other reason than personal bias. 
We expelled the people that neglected and drove OUR nation into the ground, after which staff told us we were not allowed to start 'conflict' in OUR nation, because the old haelun'or players couldn't cope with having lost.
We rallied thrice the old haelun'or playerbase when the administration told us that this was how PRO ownership would be decided, yet once more they moved the goalpost, instead quoting 'data' from long before we had started our revival of Haelun'or, or were able to be within the city.

I once more respectfully ask those admins involved to resign. 

I'd like to point out that the admins didn't even handle the warclaim, it was myself and Zacho.

1 hour ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Are you daft?

I think the solution that would've made everyone happy (Or atleast equally mad) was neither side got Haelun'or and the entire city was razed, both groups had to start from scratch and then we could see which group had the actual active playerbase. But thats just me, though it seems like the only truly 'fair' solution.

Either way, the admin decision is what it is

6 hours ago, overlord2305 said:

We got cheated out of healun'or, which is rightfully ours.

I once more ask the relevant admins to resign

lets make kowaman resign and make aesopian the tech admin