Admin Decision re Haelun'or

HogoBojo

7 minutes ago, SaviourMeme said:

I think the solution that would've made everyone happy (Or atleast equally mad) was neither side got Haelun'or and the entire city was razed, both groups had to start from scratch and then we could see which group had the actual active playerbase. But thats just me, though it seems like the only truly 'fair' solution.

Either way, the admin decision is what it is

As a hard core Haelunorian on the Republic side, I can actually get behind this.

2 minutes ago, Elennanore said:

As a hard core Haelunorian on the Republic side, I can actually get behind this.

And if they really wanted to make it some interesting rp, they would split the current Haelun'or island perfectly in half and give each side of the conflict a half of the island. Though that might just be my eccentric ramblings, either way destroy Haelun'or and have both sides start off as settlements.

22 minutes ago, SaviourMeme said:

I think the solution that would've made everyone happy (Or atleast equally mad) was neither side got Haelun'or and the entire city was razed, both groups had to start from scratch and then we could see which group had the actual active playerbase. But thats just me, though it seems like the only truly 'fair' solution.

We can still blow up Haelun'or... nothing's stopping that. 5 commands and the entire island is gone.

2 minutes ago, Laeonathan said:

We can still blow up Haelun'or... nothing's stopping that. 5 commands and the entire island is gone.

I'll do it in one....

10 minutes ago, Elennanore said:

I'll do it in one....

No, because WE limit is set to 1 Million blocks, you wont be able to do it in one go.

1 hour ago, Adelemphii said:

lets make kowaman resign and make aesopian the tech admin

Give me a fancy tag too plz!

As for this conflict, I have a few closing words:

Gavin should have never been PKed. The PK rule on the warclaim he didn’t attend wasn’t appropriate. At most the character should have been kidnapped so a rescue could be attempted. There is no story in an immediate PK of someone who doesn’t PvP. This is just my opinion, of course.

Secondly the way that Haelun’or is run does not give power to a council to be able to elect a NL. They are civil servants, not royalty, and are voted in by the entire playerbase. If the characters do not recognize their power then they don’t exist. 

So the way that Kiwi received NL relied on an OOC notion that ROs can avoid proper RP based on region mechanics. It’s very easy to call for elections in Helfdom so seeing one side grab PRO & ignoring RP in favor of using PVP to squash player morale was what got everyone heated. The OOC post from Kiwi was the cherry on top.

When elections occurred one side avoided them twice. Same with debates. Had Kiwi been voted in & then done all of this it could have had a different outcome. I am not saying coups shouldn’t be allowed but you either fully engage in the roleplay or you pursue a different storyline. You can’t tell everyone to respect what you are doing if you are abusing mechanics to justify an OOC vendetta. 

That being said there needs to be clarification on things like roleplay coups. A form that one may submit to GM/Administration that has a victory line they can cross. 

I also don’t think the entirety of Kiwi’s side wanted to do something nefarious. Some genuinely wanted to change up roleplay & try new things. It sucks that the roleplay that did occur to coup is basically null&void but I hope that the compromise of a new settlement will allow those individuals to explore the things they wanted to explore. I also hope that despite words being flung from both sides that y’all recognize that we are all one big community.

Feel anger, grieve the decision, but then let it go. Forgive and be forgiven. If I held a grudge for everyone I didn’t get along with I would be exhausted. I hope others who have argued with me in the past feel the same. I can’t even log onto LoTC right now. So please, for my sake, go enjoy yourself… and participate in the process of collaborative storytelling once more.

Also… Obligatory use of the word Arcanism.

1 hour ago, SaviourMeme said:

Would honestly have been prefferable, to the bias laden verdict(s) we have now, in my personal opinion.

So the solution is to make twi's group a real world Taiwan....

Hate not the RP enemy, hate the admins who failed us instead.

bq8f9z4l6x251.jpg

New Proposal: Get rid of Haelun'or.

Never a bad thing to shoot things down that haven't really worked for years. Caelria got close to what Hnor was but the Helves have been pretty much dead for a while now. LoTC's past and history is great but alas we're not playing on the server as it was. 

6B370FA0-F5C4-4154-940F-48E0B1E180B4.jpg

Pretty self explanatory. Mission statement has made the argument for me. Thank you @Telanir

31 minutes ago, Monkee said:

Respectfully bnk, you're completely wrong. There has not been a single public election for Sohaer or Okarir since January of last year - 6-7 Sohaers ago. They've all either seized power via the council's support or been granted power by their predecessor; each of these has happened multiple times. The only elections for Sohaer or Okarir that have occurred since January 2021 have been limited to just the council.

There's nothing illegitimate about the way Kiwi came to Sohaer, unless you're also discounting Widu, Gavin, Iverach, and Caelria - every Sohaer this map bar like one at the very beginning. Weirdly, the admins didn't intervene in those cases.

As you haven't logged in all map, I wouldn't expect you to know this, but it makes me wonder why you feel the need to weigh in on things that you really don't know anything about.

f54b818966963792e64eb4326b04a9a9.png

I couldn't think of a more perfect demonstration of a playerbase beholden to players who no longer play - who feel the need to oocly intervene in rp to determine the fate of a narrative they're no longer invested in. By definition, this move was the appeasement of old power. Ironic, considering the new mission statement.

f9b4fc46d657e8148e279f60be78b35e.png

RyanOfflineForever.png.009163d5305ae8e0957402268c6f6395.png
Keep talkin' buddy

6 hours ago, BrandNewKitten said:

Secondly the way that Haelun’or is run does not give power to a council to be able to elect a NL. They are civil servants, not royalty, and are voted in by the entire playerbase. If the characters do not recognize their power then they don’t exist. 

So the way that Kiwi received NL relied on an OOC notion that ROs can avoid proper RP based on region mechanics. It’s very easy to call for elections in Helfdom so seeing one side grab PRO & ignoring RP in favor of using PVP to squash player morale was what got everyone heated. The OOC post from Kiwi was the cherry on top.

tell me you haven't played in haelun'or all map without telling me you haven't played in haelun'or all map.