Admin Decision re Haelun'or

HogoBojo

On 4/4/2022 at 1:41 AM, Venomous_Pup said:

I think that is ignoring the fact players have a lot of pent up frustration with how current and past admins for the past three years (and longer) have straight up let every single community down with their decisions. I tried RPing with the old Hnorian's and they actively ignored me or did nothing in regards to the complaints I levied IRPly, and the only time they did was to 'dunk' on me. Even people who don't care about the Elf Sphere of LotC just see this as a massive loss, this was a movement going on for IRL months and we were frankly just ignored up until Hnor got backed into a corner and they miraculously manage to survive when they did actively nothing to prepare for coming conflict and outright said in Discord they were not even going to log in, so they could avoid dying. Players get sick and tired of anyone getting OOC protection when they frankly fucked up. The 'vitriol' is just merely a symptom of a problem that stems from the community environment and how staff have decided to deal with most situations. Though we did actually contribute to RP, we had 30 or so players on yesterday when old Hnor only mustered 11 and attempted to disrupt what we were doing in the tavern but we just pushed past until they basically retreated and instantly logged out when they knew admins wouldn't be paying attention, I should also mention this whole RP movement has been going on for months IRL so it wasn't like it came out of no where. Most people are gonna want to mald because frankly with all that transpired IRPly we should have won, Hnor had no standing force, had failed to secure allies and had failed to sway any from Ivarielle's side to support them. Feels pointless to RP on a server where there seems to be no consequences to sides that should have lost.

A little late replying to this, but I did go out of my way to try and include you in stuff like snail racing. I won't touch on the stuff regarding the decision -- as I think we were seeing two completely different things happening inside Haelun'or -- but I would be happy to RP with you and the rest of Ivarielle's gang in the future. Just shoot me a DM and I'll come host a snail race on your new turf!

54 minutes ago, - Pastry said:

A little late replying to this, but I did go out of my way to try and include you in stuff like snail racing. I won't touch on the stuff regarding the decision -- as I think we were seeing two completely different things happening inside Haelun'or -- but I would be happy to RP with you and the rest of Ivarielle's gang in the future. Just shoot me a DM and I'll come host a snail race on your new turf!

My character really didn't want to interact with a lot of the 'old' Hnorian when after she brought up the fact that she had basically been told to do something degrading, which I feel go against server rules given what was said, then seeing what she considered the response to that be holding a snail race afterwards, she feels like old Hnor is willing to bend the most basic forms of decency just to secure power as a result. During the first half off the contesting (with PvP being turned off) I tried to interact with a lot of the old Hnorian's that suddenly showed up but was completely ignored, only times that the other side interacted was when they felt they had enough numbers or a persona had a single slip up did they feel like they should engage to 'try win'. I will admit my statement should have been worded better to say a majority of old player base opted to ignore me, iirc only four people on the old Hnor side interacted with my character outside of insults. 

Just recently, me and a group of 200 people (they just joined the server 5 minutes ago) (not turkish bots) have decided to vote out the king of oren. Coincidentally, they all decided to vote for me instead. Wowzers! We lost the war they tried to declare against us, but we have more people due to a weird technicality and faked votes on google forms!

@HogoBojo@LlirI expect my PRO status in 5-10 hours

18 hours ago, satinkira said:

Example - A necromancer fighting a baby. In role-play, obviously the necromancer wins. In PVP, the baby could very possibly win

It's kinda dum

18 hours ago, satinkira said:

Decided by ooc skill though

On some level yeah, but on some level everything is decided OOC because your character doesn't actually exist. You're in charge of their decisionmaking, etc. Everyone on the server is meant to be a on a level playing field anyway, afaik a T5 mage isn't supposed to have a crazy advantage over a good warrior. 

There's obviously a suspension of disbelief when we open a GUI on lotc, we can extend that to other things as well. Your immersion isn't being ruined because you pressed E so I find it hard to understand how left clicking is either besides "I dont wanna learn". Once upon a time, every major roleplay server had pvp heavily integrated into it (and on all of these servers even lotc, magic was like 1000x more powerful.)

If your whole nation cant pvp then maybe its time to rp training your army and make them engage in some combat exercises! If you don't wanna do that type of rp, accept that your army is about to be terrible and succumb to military threaats.

hnor was a walking corpse when i last played, and here it is still fumbling around

the best outcome would have been the city being razed, and two helf settlements popping up instead

stop chasing brand recognition with an established old title and just make something new

It's been a real fat minute since I have played so I'll keep my opinions brief.

It saddens me wanting to come back and seeing the toxicity still an issue within the community. LOTC has become more of a popularity and who knows who contest more than it has been a good accepting community. I was driven away by this sort of same scenario back in 2021 and was scared to come back due to this sort of conflict happening. 

This seems like a very non player-oriented decision and more of a "End it and forget it" solution. I am not knowledgeable of the topic really to go more into an opinion on it but with my many staff interactions, it seems nothing has changed from the past. 

Nonetheless though hopefully this is an eye opener to staff team to make some changes. I've had a love for this community since i joined back in July of 2020 but this toxic closed community stuff really drives a lot of people away. Especially when it becomes a server wide issue. 

On 4/6/2022 at 10:29 AM, Priceflash said:

On some level yeah, but on some level everything is decided OOC because your character doesn't actually exist. You're in charge of their decisionmaking, etc. Everyone on the server is meant to be a on a level playing field anyway, afaik a T5 mage isn't supposed to have a crazy advantage over a good warrior. 

There's obviously a suspension of disbelief when we open a GUI on lotc, we can extend that to other things as well. Your immersion isn't being ruined because you pressed E so I find it hard to understand how left clicking is either besides "I dont wanna learn". Once upon a time, every major roleplay server had pvp heavily integrated into it (and on all of these servers even lotc, magic was like 1000x more powerful.)

If your whole nation cant pvp then maybe its time to rp training your army and make them engage in some combat exercises! If you don't wanna do that type of rp, accept that your army is about to be terrible and succumb to military threaats.

happy will smith GIF

I am elated someone else f*cking understands this. Thank you @Priceflash. I am glad to see someone who isn't stuck in the Matrix believing that they aren't actually separate from the damn character they are playing on this game.

5 hours ago, satinkira said:

Millions of people just living their lives, oblivious..

But seriously, what you do irp should influence what happens to you irp. How long the skygod has spent grinding out hypixel duels should not influence irp results

I think Gaius meant how some people claim they aren't influenced by OOC at all, not in regards to PvP. Unfortunately when it comes to how conflict should be handled it isn't really easy to work out how the system should be done, as we are limited by Minecraft, Plugins, and community/staff desires and wants. Honor combat can be fun, or it can be the most painful thing one can experience, honor combat requires a lot of people on this server to be willing to take an L, which unfortunately is extremely limited or spread thin across the server. People care too much about winning and protecting their RP from any form of conflict, rather than the interesting routes that can develop their characters and in turn just frustrates players who are willing to roll with punches. PvP frankly cuts through a lot of bickering that can transpire with honor combat, and just helps when combat involves 10+ or so people. It isn't the perfect system, as yes, IRL skill shouldn't always translate into IRP skill to all characters, but most people often just claim their characters are well trained with the blade anyway, which I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with but it does cause issue when two 'master swordsmen' clash. Either way, in this context it wasn't like we appeared out of no where, if they weren't able to prepare for PvP there was the option for that which was hiring mercenaries to fight on their behalf, but that option wasn't taken, which is why I feel the decision made was silly, that had so many options to avoid a confrontation with Ivarielle's forces, but nothing was done but aside resistance and that was only when Haelun'or was taken. They could have trained their own forces (PvP or CRP or both), they could have hired mercenaries, they could have been more willing to change IRPly to accommodate her and her people and try and get them on board with what they had in mind, they could have prepared defenses in the city if nothing else when we came to siege it so they had a place to hide rather than not log in to try avoid being killed, or they straight up could had surrendered the city to Ivarielle and rebuild elsewhere. We'd backed Haelun'or into a corner, we utterly isolated them from any chance of getting allies, we even infiltrated the government and even had silent backing from some of the characters that were in Haelun'or. Despite the fact we took every avenue we could IRPly to take Haelun'or we basically lost due to admin interference which was completely OOC and affected our ability to operate IRPly. Feel like I should spend more time clicking on an RP server if this is the result of months of RP being utterly stomped on by a decision ultimately made by a single admin.

This is a very questionable decision by the Administration, and one that I think will be remembered for much longer than most of the so-called Admins on the team will be. This nepotism and corruption is how you alienate player-bases and cause a rift between players and the staff; use of the administrative prerogative and power to stifle and crush months of roleplay to get to that point, to appease their friends caught with their pants down and unwilling to engage. Now Admin approved and effectively backed and propped up.

Its' not good enough. 

It just seems weird that when a new active playerbase comes to take over haelunor and revive it, the old inactives suddenly decide to come back and be active. If they hadn't been inactive in the first place, then none of this would have happened probably? I donno, just a quick take.

33 minutes ago, 1_Language_1 said:

It just seems weird that when a new active playerbase comes to take over haelunor and revive it, the old inactives suddenly decide to come back and be active. If they hadn't been inactive in the first place, then none of this would have happened probably? I donno, just a quick take.

Kinda made Hnor active again though, hopefully it stays that way.

2 hours ago, rukio said:

Kinda made Hnor active again though, hopefully it stays that way.

if it doesn't then this entire thing might happen again, dont want to see that

18 hours ago, 1_Language_1 said:

if it doesn't then this entire thing might happen again, dont want to see that

These people weren't involved with Haelun'or towards the end of Iverach's leadership (In summer), and this conflict began when I became NL. On day one of me being NL, we had 0.5% activity, and dropping. By the time I had to step down due to OOC stuff, we were on 7.5% and climbing. This was done in a relatively short time period.

"Reviving Haelun'or" doesn't make sense as a pretense for this conflict, given that they weren't involved with Haelun'or, at least not twi, and that Hnor was the most active Elf Nations, and one of the most active Nations on the server. Kiwi and co were involved and got more involved midway through my stint as NL, but Twi's only interactions with Haelun'or was based in conflict.

This was an OOC conflict aimed at destroying the Nation and Community, which Kiwi stated herself.

Edited by Gavin_

6 hours ago, Gavin_ said:

These people weren't involved with Haelun'or towards the end of Iverach's leadership (In summer), and this conflict began when I became NL. On day one of me being NL, we had 0.5% activity, and dropping. By the time I had to step down due to OOC stuff, we were on 7.5% and climbing. This was done in a relatively short time period.

"Reviving Haelun'or" doesn't make sense as a pretense for this conflict, given that they weren't involved with Haelun'or, at least not twi, and that Hnor was the most active Elf Nations, and one of the most active Nations on the server. Kiwi and co were involved and got more involved midway through my stint as NL, but Twi's only interactions with Haelun'or was based in conflict.

This was an OOC conflict aimed at destroying the Nation and Community, which Kiwi stated herself.

Everything has some tinge of OOC to it. She still did all of the RP, had motive IRP, etc.