AN APOLOGY

The Duchess Marie smiled as she gazed upon the missive penned by her son, all while wiping Orenian blood off of her blade. "Mea boy - ea will always stand by vy. How much vy have grown."

Dorothea Ruthern wiped a tear upon finishing, placing the paper down delicately on her nightstand.

Filip Amador smiled while reading the many parts of the public apology. Though his eyes were weary by the large amount of words, he managed to form his face into a content grin. "Dobry, Lord Ruthern... Dobry"

Lucien blinks, bobbing his head as he reads the missive.

"To understand, and find wrong in oneself's utterings, ramblings - that - is a worthy trait, of an honourable man. A man of high-regard for the crown, kingdom and legacy of his familiar holds." 

Karl Sigmar rose his hand and made the sign of the Hussiyaran Cross, for the boy had become a man and apologized. "I find myself surprised that he did not still defend his honour in a duel after the matter becoming so public. Will he still duel, I wonder?"

"I forgot about the nosebleed" noted a certain Carrington upon receiving her apology - the girl swiftly moving off to sift through books in hopes of finding an appropriate question for the maidenless Ruthern

"It was you who began this feud, Lord Rostig." Dietrich would write to Mikhail. "Had you written this letter earlier, or came to your senses sooner, Lord Johann would not chase this quarrel, for you are our distant kin. Answer this, Lord Rostig, Have you not fought the Orenians, after they have aggressed upon us? Would you not fight for your life if a shark attacked?"  Leaving his pen on his desk, Dietrich looked towards the roads of Rimeveld and Vidaus, where he reckoned he would march towards soon in pursuit of a restored honour. He decided to pick his pen up, after a moment of deliberation. "It is simply a principle of action, and the reaction it garners. There is no honour in blaming the victim. I hope that despite our fighting, you would see across this point, for if you won't, it will be clear to me that you strive to get morality, where you had none, and get in the good graces of the Kongzem who looked down upon you as a result of your actions. Your words are honourable, but I fear the intention. Know this, Lord Ruthern; I bear you no ill will, as I hope you will not at the end of this feud, but perhaps the movements of your pen are more insidious than they are seen to be."

[!] A letter soon arrived to Mikhail Var Ruthern, the seal of the Baron of Sigradz present;

To Mikhail,

I have received your letter, as have my sister and cousin. Perhaps they shall respond soon, but for now, I speak for myself.

I shall not lie, I did not expect you to have the honor to write such an apology, though it is most refreshing to see this side of you. I must also admit that I had completely forgotten about those words you uttered to me those years ago. While I hold no respect for your words to me or the members of my family, I do however hold respect for your wishes to move on past this.

While it is inevitable that our families will face each other one way or another, for both of our families have honor on the line, that does not need to be the case for this disdain between us. When the dust has settled, I wish for no more than a prosperous relationship between us and our houses, so that we may finally leave this age-long rivalry behind for the betterment of this Kingdom.

Signed,

Konstanz Barclay

Jakob Barclay von Reinmar cheers and declares victory and sets sail back to Aeldin with his branch of Barclay.

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, Dogged said:

Jakob Barclay von Reinmar cheers and declares victory and sets sail back to Aeldin with his branch of Barclay.

33 minutes ago, indiana105 said:

I shall not apologize to the House of Barclay

Klara Elizaveta sighed as she read over the missive before inking her pen to write a response.

10TH of JOMA AND UMUND

Iv Joveo Mann

419 EHR SIGMUNDA

Issued from the desk of HRH, Klara Elizaveta

Baron of Rostig,

I bear you no ill will for actions taken during childhood, nor for insults given. Many would hold grudges for less, and many have. In the end, it is not my place to judge you for your actions, nor is it my place to seek restitution. I regard the actions of our youth as just that, the foolish mistakes of youth. I can assure you, I am no stranger to such mistakes, as I am sure you know.

In this country, in this city, one's mistakes tend to define you despite apologies and attempted reconciliations. I commend you, Baron, for your willingness in making your wrongs known, and for your bravery in apologizing for them. There is nothing that I wish for that you could give me, and I lack nothing where jewelry is concerned, though should you still wish to gift me something, I shall not refuse, for I wish this gift to be a gift between newly kindled friends, instead of a gift of apology.

May the impending closure of our war with the Anathema also bring to an end the war we have waged against our fellow Haeseni in the name of gossip and scandal. You have my respect. I hope that sentiment might be returned in the future.

SIGNED,

Her Royal Highness, Klara Elizaveta, Duchess of Baranya

1090625273_klarasignature.png.eb93c2a74f9eb25c55abd398de0c3afe.png