Characters Growth - Skin Changers

Royal Peasant

Greetings There Stranger
This topic unlike my usual posts isn't tied to a particular post of my own character, lore, congrats, or anything in particular. Just a thought of curiosity that flooded over my mind. A single question. "How has my character developed since I started?" I looked back at the skin I started with a curious mind and was surprised at just how different they were. And now I'm curious on just how everyone else's has developed with time! 

I'll go first and show my own development and changes in my highlander. And hope that others are willing to share as well! Wherever it comes in skin, arts, or just descriptions doesn't matter. Its just sharing the tale of our characters for everyone to see and experience a piece of that loved history! 

OriginalRoylan.thumb.jpg.65f7a5e471f7c5d803acd7b2792a8bae.jpgNewestRoylan.thumb.jpg.61a62071e1d3df437e1d3c9493584753.jpg

JPWfXyG.pngk87JrYh.png

From a by-the-books people-pleasing Legionnaire with dreams of being a famous scholar, to an old, jaded godslaying warrior-king in retirement.

Not a bad story arc if you ask me.

Oh this used to be an old thread! Im glad its comign back!

I'll share a few skin changes!

Left: One of my first skins ever on the server, from way back in 2016 or 2015.  Made the head myself, used a random skin from PMC.  I think it was from A Kindled Heart on PMC, their skinning style inspired me a lot when I first got into skinning.

Right: From 2019 or something, nearing my end to this character.  Got a lot better at my own skins, redid this character's skin entirely after a long break from the server.

image.thumb.png.52e0b88ee6a0498f505fe1a755f5b266.pngimage.thumb.png.3e21ea6c56e12ef35fe33c338042f3e0.png

Left: idfk what this is lol I started playing a Kaedrin princess, so I used a random dress I made an did a funny kid head

Right: Princess turned into a buff lady who slays monsters, weak to arrows (died with three arrows in her chest and became the saint of archery for it) 

image.thumb.png.7276a1bdfff0787b1507ea05da4aa4b3.pngimage.thumb.png.8bea6e2f5d7e9c03d0f3a3c34032390f.png

Left: My Haense princess, from a set of identical triplets.  Her sisters wore red and blue, and she wore yellow.
Right: She was pretty hateful and racist to Imperials and wanted for her kingdom to develop a culture visually and entirely different from the Orenian Empire, was the first woman to start wearing traditional Russian dresses 

image.thumb.png.51f41729490ed9ead5ddf9ece0b465a0.pngimage.thumb.png.5950e316074e4aad559e7a135ebf722b.png

Left: Daughter to a duke and duchess of Oren, strict upbringing in etiquette and teaching in the arts.  Fell foolishly in love with a nobleman who left her for a more prestigious marriage in the Imperial family.  Arranged a marriage with a man she didn't love, questioned her position in life.  Had a crisis and auctioned away all her paintings, used the money to run away

Right: Wayward life hardened her more, struggled in living on her own in a city being attacked by rat people and undead.  Fell in love with a dark stranger, ended up becoming corrupted and driven mad with vampirism.  Lost her mind to her hunger for blood and is likely dead in an alleyway

0508f00ca99adb8e99a7ec19d6575e6a.png164274bdcad9e2a6fddaab686634a213.png

That's it for finished characters, don't think I'll show my current one

5 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

I'll share a few skin changes!

Left: One of my first skins ever on the server, from way back in 2016 or 2015.  Made the head myself, used a random skin from PMC.  I think it was from A Kindled Heart on PMC, their skinning style inspired me a lot when I first got into skinning.

Right: From 2019 or something, nearing my end to this character.  Got a lot better at my own skins, redid this character's skin entirely after a long break from the server.

image.thumb.png.52e0b88ee6a0498f505fe1a755f5b266.pngimage.thumb.png.3e21ea6c56e12ef35fe33c338042f3e0.png

Left: idfk what this is lol I started playing a Kaedrin princess, so I used a random dress I made an did a funny kid head

Right: Princess turned into a buff lady who slays monsters, weak to arrows (died with three arrows in her chest and became the saint of archery for it) 

image.thumb.png.7276a1bdfff0787b1507ea05da4aa4b3.pngimage.thumb.png.8bea6e2f5d7e9c03d0f3a3c34032390f.png

Left: My Haense princess, from a set of identical triplets.  Her sisters wore red and blue, and she wore yellow.
Right: She was pretty hateful and racist to Imperials and wanted for her kingdom to develop a culture visually and entirely different from the Orenian Empire, was the first woman to start wearing traditional Russian dresses 

image.thumb.png.51f41729490ed9ead5ddf9ece0b465a0.pngimage.thumb.png.5950e316074e4aad559e7a135ebf722b.png

Left: Daughter to a duke and duchess of Oren, strict upbringing in etiquette and teaching in the arts.  Fell foolishly in love with a nobleman who left her for a more prestigious marriage in the Imperial family.  Arranged a marriage with a man she didn't love, questioned her position in life.  Had a crisis and auctioned away all her paintings, used the money to run away

Right: Wayward life hardened her more, struggled in living on her own in a city being attacked by rat people and undead.  Fell in love with a dark stranger, ended up becoming corrupted and driven mad with vampirism.  Lost her mind to her hunger for blood and is likely dead in an alleyway

0508f00ca99adb8e99a7ec19d6575e6a.png164274bdcad9e2a6fddaab686634a213.png

That's it for finished characters, don't think I'll show my current one

aw I missed Margaux, she was cool

My recently-PKed Priest character goes from an Acolyte to a Cardinal

hZqPvneHFKya58KdPhLRtpTUNPgqufB-9LcmG17ab8HUGL7SpQ-MvuvmUUX7mXWzqhpdbqAdp5nvQN6ZHXZwrJW0Vj2URAO0GfvA4zs9-YMoBDC0adE9W0fncKZkYIQXwjDyUUd8          Cx5v5XDHHuTduS5lT7f2JXqkSaC4nGDPdpdpJcELYv6N7V5VsumREsFaLZ32iDAyD61Hvo2_trEKT2IIDmjilSiUYxKfflOphMrtGgpPJnbNTmVdRH8HeIY3Tdc-KeBDDoBsTiVM

My Elf has grown from being aloof and cold, to more caring and open

345si4nMlqCCQxwZd-8DgP7PBB9v2typCACcTKKu0X9ei2NwDZNV6maguB8bkWpqLiuTrfBgJGJAgGIxLhNm1m1-ngcssdt2Kl5dHECCfYaBMPiFYMHt0B4WWJ9-tKCuRrfTUuhvSekFtEvDvTgneO1mdNNwmhFoOsmMP0ugcnbDbwcEkf7kZY4Rf5lcMFWcx1Z9KFMZc80c3FP0P_Ah_yIAs69FTfo_2LLYHSWh2c7et5MeMmWLnsXI5-hFqg6qp5IEHs7cSUELljy3

LQ1sCbC.png

My first persona, Nathaniel Calding, started off in Haelun'or as a boy. He finished committing genocide, and burning Rozania to the ground. He was killed by a warrior he had previously tormented.

My second persona, Haleth, started off as a lost adventurer; and finished as an insane, joker style mass murderer; eventually put down by a Frost Witch, though only after he had murdered dozens of people.

Dante Lo started off training to be a blacksmith; eventually finishing as a cursed Lord of Rozania. He has not PK'd yet.

Zacharias Calding started off as an impulsive teenager, and eventually turned into a manipulative psychopath. He was executed by Peralien.

Edited by satinkira

19 minutes ago, satinkira said:

He was executed by Peralien.

western clint eastwood GIF

From an idealistic young boy born into a mercantile family, set on helping his friends, to a tenured statesman who helped depose an Emperor, install another, fight in numerous wars and serve in the highest governmental office as well as gaining the title of Duke. 

u3twZvT.pngzG8UcIc.png

SER WILHEIM BARCLAY, BARON OF FREISING

Roving mercenary to Knight...

falsefalse

Knight to the founding patriarch of House Barclay, and Patriarch to Lord Marshal of Hanseti-Ruska.

falsefalse

And then to a happy and old life with many military honours.

false

ADELRIC CARDINAL REINMAR

An ambitious young lad to a full-fledged priest, who solved a schism upon the Church.

falsefalse

To a missionary who wishes to save the souls of the wicked who dwell the desert, and then a Bishop, then to respected position of Cardinal

falsefalse

From Cardinal to a retired old priest.

falsefalse

GEORG I

Disenfranchised noble statesman to a revolutionary warrior, and then to an ill-fated King.

falsefalsefalse

SIR OSVALD, LORD SPEAKER

Army recruit whelp to a Sergeant and a reformer statesman,

falsefalse

false

Towards a Knighthood, then the Lord Speaker of Haense.

falsefalse

Orenian fifth column in the Parliament, in search for peaceful independence and thus also a Civil Knight, towards an embittered old man who feels that he has been done wrong.

falsefalse

Over the span of almost five and a half years, my character has gone from a wide eyed street urchin, to well learned mage and savvy business man, all the while without losing his precious goggles.
falsefalse

572712158_download(2).thumb.png.5f442cb3d18f9ca51c9b02f8c230f3f8.png1461440143_download(1).thumb.png.71b10599a5d6bdb775fcc38a5aacfbd4.png

From Rahm to The Grouch, Rahm started as an honorless thief robbing the homes of fellow Elves blind & storing his goods in far off nations. He eventually grew himself a beard, joined the Carrington money-making machine, and became a different type of thief, mainly ripping people off through auctions. He became one of the first revival alchemists, and is still alive though elusive to this very day. 

1582494901_download(4).thumb.png.fb802e903ecb8dfe8651baef8c564fd5.png973169567_download(3).thumb.png.64cd313cba1d741e610cd99eda2e2411.png

Remmandra Belou, truly one of my favorite characters. She started as a pacifist perfume saleswoman, also turned alchemist under the NEXUS alchemical system (not handled in roleplay really). She had her eye fixed eventually, and joined a league of Paladins where she tried to lead charges to avoid violence at any cost other than life. 

From a young soldier serving under the Carrion Regime in the days of Petrus shortly before losing a certain war. To a centuries old evil ******* obsessed with self preservation, aiming to live forever no matter what he has to do and what form it might take.

download.png

download (1).png

download (2).png

download (3).png

download (4).png

download (5).png

download (6).png

download (7).png