Characters Growth - Skin Changers

Royal Peasant

Decided to go through some of the characters that I'd played since coming back to the server around the time Covid hit. Pretty interesting to see how much some of these characters changed through the time in which they lived, and it's always nice to look back at the stories that they told. I'm only really looking at the ones that I've concluded (or are in their final acts).

NKDXttyFKgjPERCJP84nHhvEeQJelT_jhDorFxPvPkMA9YjfjurFBf4rNFgdTs1cS9l0VwnlK31T8eBGXOY-xaz0woGEGoRaiz8QDps2_WhklrCdEa4LQ2xDHJzULNAPBg5fez0WOf-dvYm8-m1iLzHc5izOKDCZqSLo5RgXab3KoV5Oq8BJ_voGxnz9QkkDetgbYzqUTcP08iDAxqc5WGVWgUVEwWPNU0renfY_zbDj8UEHj2xb006Ne7n1FlC8QbFNT88KmFmU2AEj

Lauritz Christiansen

The only character on this list to actually be dead. I always look back on him quite fondly, he was the first character I really played since coming back, and I quite enjoyed the journey that he went on, from being a nobody to becoming the President of the Imperial Senate, and then later on being offered High Justiciar of Haense and being part of that project when independence happened.

jntKdsudvLpxakW5Mt598ecd842A9-OnZ1zqTpupOSJThNIadqtXuc_BXtWdT7WBn4hRTryVigH3vKJRmv2G6VoiZmbTEw5oWU0dtm2qIFga1AQfkpNPYiF1K8trMFyoqLpUKvh4mXD2gKcFaturnzLRikVlD49Z1sfQyCpIH47xVCugmjch0w3ejp0nAgK-V4yrCDDQRSf8Onbqt7tX37eP4qZtRO55_Dxv8FsyRA_4-vS0JzwoDqx71VvlCke7-YWLNQK2NZtSxGGu

Harren var Ruthern

A character I originally took on as just a side character to help @GMRO bring House Ruthern back properly. Also happened to be the character I met my favourite workplace acquaintance on (unnamed for legal reasons). While I didn’t play him for as long as the other characters on this list, he was definitely entertaining, and being part of bringing Ruthern from a County, to a Margraviate, to a Duchy was incredibly motivating, especially since I feel like I genuinely contributed to that.

O0azbykOE4kwEkD9Mu_w_DKRSuIEGHxy8CVEBkYcduSFduQvfuSG10iFhzw1uc0wRrfeEzlF2sngLLndhNzDY4UFTFwAYdJrJeOA0DZVZRsKwBSsudFQ-DIG093fslplT44D0PS3DbHnPNprcO6GGtzvWb4a692RJzelU8QyKmmpJPECLP3QeZHCvTdzf-_Hs-X_qACQg9eg0upDGIlX4yYchH_CYVzhmvBcwMvdlZjNC7lVGBxGJqcyyExZS_KYxrT3a0rSFLcoWc_b

Franz Barbanov-Bihar

A character I often feel as though I underrate when I evaluate which ones I played the most. @seannie offered me the chance to play one of his children when he was King of Haense, and I’d say I’ve made the most of it so far. From Knighthood to bossing around the Duma as Grand Maer with @Emenzi and to founding the House of Morovar and giving @Mio (who continues to impress me to this day) a chance to lead a House, to now being the Oracle has been an incredible journey, and I’m excited to carry it on until the end.

Darcassan Araaloq → Castiel

(prepare for how much gloating im about to do, because I love this character)

Former Araaloq archon of Fenn, Cass has attained various physical changes since I first started playing him. Shortly after migrating from Fenn with the remainder of his family, I allowed his skin, hair, and eye color to change from a less jarring white to a warmer hue. I roleplay this as the effects of sun bleaching and tanning. His eye is also missing, something that happened amid a roleplay encounter I had with player @Fanglikein Dobrov many months ago. For a very long time, a bandage covered it -- something I navigated symbolically in-roleplay. One of my recent creative-writing posts talks about his eye and parts of his physical appearance, including the far from perfect haircut he gave himself. 

Currently, I try to roleplay him as a very malnourished character. He's extremely thin as a result of years of substance abuse and addiction, something I try to be vocal about in my roleplay, since it's difficult to represent mechanically and on his skin. 

As a skinner, it's hard for me to regard clothing with symbolism and meaning. If I see something that I think might fit my character, I'll probably skin it, so there's not a lot of story behind that. Although in Fenn, I did lean more towards shades of blue or white in his clothing, and now that I spend a lot of time in Oren, he wears outfits that are more in-style with their human populace. 

unknown.pngunknown.png

I've just been thinking back to some of my old characters, and figured I'd post here too!

Cameron Halmar:

My first ever character, and one of my most fun to play. Starting as a downtrodden tavernkeeper in the city of Belvitz, he served under numerous banners from Adria, to Haense, and to Ves and Kaedrin. Within Belvitz, he assisted in forming the Atlasian Merchant's Collective alongside helping depose of the Adrian Marshal, Vladan Valic after they were accused of murdering a city clerk. He was a lifelong fighter, and during a battle with a rogue fire mage upon the slopes of Mount St. Catherine in Kaedrin, he sustained a severe burn to his face that never truly healed, earning a multitude of medals in the Kaedrin Army before finally retiring as an Ensign.

body.png?id=12ece9ee70bbcbe1&model=classbody.png?id=5d77832700aa78be&model=class

Garret Palmer Junior:

Growing up as the son of the Kaedreni Marshal, Garret Palmer, he was taught how to fight from a young age. He was raised in a manor on the outskirts of Kaedrin, and eventually moved away to the city of Al-Faiz after a period of travel. Marrying a local women, he had multiple children, though as he grew older he was known to lash out at his family- all except his one true daughter, Astrid Palmer. He fought alongside those of Al-Faiz in the Inferi Incursion of Korvassa, sustaining serious facial injuries from the fire of a Inferi cannon.

Later in his life, as the Patriarch of the Palmer Family, he called a gathering at the ancestral manor where he was lured to his room and stabbed to death by his own daughter, with two of his sisters assisting his daughter in covering the attack.

body.png?id=80bf49eaf36a45ec&model=slim&body.png?id=0a48b6cbfb0da704&model=class

Gail Cordius:

Growing up in Helena within the Holy Orenian Empire, Gail soon left for the city of Talon's Grotto in Arcas, being called there by an old friend, Nathaniel Goldblight. Originally appointed as a guard to the Sovereign, he rose through the ranks of Talon's Grotto and ended up becoming the Minister of Law, Minister of Defense, and eventually taking over as the 6th Sovereign of Talon's Grotto in 1794.

He led those of Talon's Grotto to the shores of Almaris, founding the city of Talon's Port within the southern jungles, and eventually growing the Sovereign State of Talon's Port into a full-fledged nation before his abdication after assassins from a mercenary company jumped him in the Talon's Port tavern, shattering his leg and causing it to have to be amputated, though he eventually got a prosthetic with assistance from his wife Aeline. He moved to Veritas, Urguan in his retirement, and eventually died while traveling to meet a friend within the Druid's Grove.

body.png?id=d3750d134b47bffd&model=classbody.png?id=c031b96504a1b719&model=class

when I started playing earnest 3 years ago, I started him as an elven man of 60, raised by humans to be an over-achieving, hardworking butler who loved his profession. he served 5 emperors and was damn proud of it

body.png?id=f86655c37e5a4451&model=classic&theta=10&phi=16&time=90&width=600&height=800body.png?id=f263f2e784306606&model=classic&theta=6&phi=17&time=90&width=600&height=800

now though, uh, he ended up as a druid with a bad smoking habit and a fae plant for an arm (but he'll still tell you about how many emperors he worked for)

How it started vs How it ended

There were many faces, cults, murders, and betrayals in between. Now she's in her forever box snoozin'.

zGmQ7vZ.png8XOBkci.png

Bonus in between lewks

Spoiler

Magic School Juniper
sz4IkLw.png
Grand Wick
bWgAJxw.png

Frost Wick
1vrDyWw.png

Cottagecore Wick
1hC3J2v.png

Sexy Librarian Wick
zL2vc6P.png

Master Beryl Carrington - Thrace/Arcturus

(Arcas - Almaris)

"How far can one fall before there's no other depths to drop?"

His story is still being written, therefore I will omit details and reveal only some basic information about him and his progress, that said - he is one of my favourite characters and I'm proud at how far he's come.

At first glance a wealthy heir, spawn of two illustrious artisans - or so he thought, eventually revealed to be a cursed and brainwashed individual, who had been bred and smuggled into a state as part of a larger conspiracy. Eventually rose to become a notable patron of the sciences before going missing and being led astray by [Redacted] and the influence of many other strange and vile creatures. Where he walks now is a mystery, though a cryptic figure of untold torment lies within. 

body-1.thumb.png.51dc7f9c7e53645ad179a1b065ba4751.pngbody.thumb.png.43980fb3a77ca0452c79e6f24c0be76b.png

11 hours ago, Tigergiri said:

Oh this used to be an old thread! Im glad its comign back!

Oh it was? Fun! I'm glad I'm able to bring to life a old thread and draw people in due to my curiosity then~ 

12 hours ago, Kornazkarumm said:

JPWfXyG.pngk87JrYh.png

From a by-the-books people-pleasing Legionnaire with dreams of being a famous scholar, to an old, jaded godslaying warrior-king in retirement.

Not a bad story arc if you ask me.

From bright and colourful to dark and somber. Truly a good tale for a character who's loved through the ages. Love how his beard has grown through the ages as well! 

11 hours ago, UnBaed said:

I'll share a few skin changes!

Left: One of my first skins ever on the server, from way back in 2016 or 2015.  Made the head myself, used a random skin from PMC.  I think it was from A Kindled Heart on PMC, their skinning style inspired me a lot when I first got into skinning.

Right: From 2019 or something, nearing my end to this character.  Got a lot better at my own skins, redid this character's skin entirely after a long break from the server.

image.thumb.png.52e0b88ee6a0498f505fe1a755f5b266.pngimage.thumb.png.3e21ea6c56e12ef35fe33c338042f3e0.png

Left: idfk what this is lol I started playing a Kaedrin princess, so I used a random dress I made an did a funny kid head

Right: Princess turned into a buff lady who slays monsters, weak to arrows (died with three arrows in her chest and became the saint of archery for it) 

image.thumb.png.7276a1bdfff0787b1507ea05da4aa4b3.pngimage.thumb.png.8bea6e2f5d7e9c03d0f3a3c34032390f.png

Left: My Haense princess, from a set of identical triplets.  Her sisters wore red and blue, and she wore yellow.
Right: She was pretty hateful and racist to Imperials and wanted for her kingdom to develop a culture visually and entirely different from the Orenian Empire, was the first woman to start wearing traditional Russian dresses 

image.thumb.png.51f41729490ed9ead5ddf9ece0b465a0.pngimage.thumb.png.5950e316074e4aad559e7a135ebf722b.png

Left: Daughter to a duke and duchess of Oren, strict upbringing in etiquette and teaching in the arts.  Fell foolishly in love with a nobleman who left her for a more prestigious marriage in the Imperial family.  Arranged a marriage with a man she didn't love, questioned her position in life.  Had a crisis and auctioned away all her paintings, used the money to run away

Right: Wayward life hardened her more, struggled in living on her own in a city being attacked by rat people and undead.  Fell in love with a dark stranger, ended up becoming corrupted and driven mad with vampirism.  Lost her mind to her hunger for blood and is likely dead in an alleyway

0508f00ca99adb8e99a7ec19d6575e6a.png164274bdcad9e2a6fddaab686634a213.png

That's it for finished characters, don't think I'll show my current one

So many different compelling tales and characters! And I love the skins themselves with how beautifully done they are. Grand! 

11 hours ago, KaiserJacobII said:

My recently-PKed Priest character goes from an Acolyte to a Cardinal

hZqPvneHFKya58KdPhLRtpTUNPgqufB-9LcmG17ab8HUGL7SpQ-MvuvmUUX7mXWzqhpdbqAdp5nvQN6ZHXZwrJW0Vj2URAO0GfvA4zs9-YMoBDC0adE9W0fncKZkYIQXwjDyUUd8          Cx5v5XDHHuTduS5lT7f2JXqkSaC4nGDPdpdpJcELYv6N7V5VsumREsFaLZ32iDAyD61Hvo2_trEKT2IIDmjilSiUYxKfflOphMrtGgpPJnbNTmVdRH8HeIY3Tdc-KeBDDoBsTiVM

My Elf has grown from being aloof and cold, to more caring and open

345si4nMlqCCQxwZd-8DgP7PBB9v2typCACcTKKu0X9ei2NwDZNV6maguB8bkWpqLiuTrfBgJGJAgGIxLhNm1m1-ngcssdt2Kl5dHECCfYaBMPiFYMHt0B4WWJ9-tKCuRrfTUuhvSekFtEvDvTgneO1mdNNwmhFoOsmMP0ugcnbDbwcEkf7kZY4Rf5lcMFWcx1Z9KFMZc80c3FP0P_Ah_yIAs69FTfo_2LLYHSWh2c7et5MeMmWLnsXI5-hFqg6qp5IEHs7cSUELljy3

I love how the priest became more colour as he aged and the aloof elf looks so wholesome and inviting now. Truly a lovely show of development in itself! Fine beard~

11 hours ago, Luciloo said:

LQ1sCbC.png

Feels like she grew darker and more wild by the years. I could see her roaming trees or fields of flowers. Lovely colour contrasts as well! 

11 hours ago, satinkira said:

My first persona, Nathaniel Calding, started off in Haelun'or as a boy. He finished committing genocide, and burning Rozania to the ground. He was killed by a warrior he had previously tormented.

image.thumb.png.900db57a37116e3238971bb0c7379658.pngimage.thumb.png.b5219eebfb5694b964a5ca49ccd0436c.png

My second persona, Haleth, started off as a lost adventurer; and finished as an insane, joker style mass murderer; eventually put down by a Frost Witch, though only after he had murdered dozens of people.

image.thumb.png.2c650a262cfe46fc223d103b1afa8830.pngimage.thumb.png.c7f3256033edd4ede42c90688210a2a7.png

Dante Lo started off training to be a blacksmith; eventually finishing as a cursed Lord of Rozania. He has not PK'd yet.

image.thumb.png.ed1bb2d4a7c7199a7ae12b9722264a93.png image.thumb.png.56163c166e28185252f4d49fdef8a23f.png

Zacharias Calding started off as an impulsive teenager, and eventually turned into a manipulative psychopath. He was executed by Peralien.

image.thumb.png.9f848efb79860559542992b9f14c60d3.png image.thumb.png.9123e94a474c7e64da335f12c24b5f48.png

A lot of dark characters you've had here that have fallen through some danger paths. The sheer contrast of youth to aged is intriguing to see! 

10 hours ago, Taketheshot said:

From an idealistic young boy born into a mercantile family, set on helping his friends, to a tenured statesman who helped depose an Emperor, install another, fight in numerous wars and serve in the highest governmental office as well as gaining the title of Duke. 

u3twZvT.pngzG8UcIc.png

From a young noble that seemed fresh out of a fancy ball to a warrior worn man scared by his battles. Love the eyepatch! 

10 hours ago, MadOne said:

SER WILHEIM BARCLAY, BARON OF FREISING

Roving mercenary to Knight...

falsefalse

Knight to the founding patriarch of House Barclay, and Patriarch to Lord Marshal of Hanseti-Ruska.

falsefalse

And then to a happy and old life with many military honours.

false

ADELRIC CARDINAL REINMAR

An ambitious young lad to a full-fledged priest, who solved a schism upon the Church.

falsefalse

To a missionary who wishes to save the souls of the wicked who dwell the desert, and then a Bishop, then to respected position of Cardinal

falsefalse

From Cardinal to a retired old priest.

falsefalse

GEORG I

Disenfranchised noble statesman to a revolutionary warrior, and then to an ill-fated King.

falsefalsefalse

SIR OSVALD, LORD SPEAKER

Army recruit whelp to a Sergeant and a reformer statesman,

falsefalse

false

Towards a Knighthood, then the Lord Speaker of Haense.

falsefalse

Orenian fifth column in the Parliament, in search for peaceful independence and thus also a Civil Knight, towards an embittered old man who feels that he has been done wrong.

falsefalse

Positively adore the development of here. Shows a rich change and contrast over time. 

10 hours ago, SaviourMeme said:

Over the span of almost five and a half years, my character has gone from a wide eyed street urchin, to well learned mage and savvy business man, all the while without losing his precious goggles.
falsefalse

The goggles complete the man. Even scared~ Its nice to see how the goggles have 'rusted' and lost its golden colouring over time as well from long use. 

10 hours ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

572712158_download(2).thumb.png.5f442cb3d18f9ca51c9b02f8c230f3f8.png1461440143_download(1).thumb.png.71b10599a5d6bdb775fcc38a5aacfbd4.png

From Rahm to The Grouch, Rahm started as an honorless thief robbing the homes of fellow Elves blind & storing his goods in far off nations. He eventually grew himself a beard, joined the Carrington money-making machine, and became a different type of thief, mainly ripping people off through auctions. He became one of the first revival alchemists, and is still alive though elusive to this very day. 

1582494901_download(4).thumb.png.fb802e903ecb8dfe8651baef8c564fd5.png973169567_download(3).thumb.png.64cd313cba1d741e610cd99eda2e2411.png

Remmandra Belou, truly one of my favorite characters. She started as a pacifist perfume saleswoman, also turned alchemist under the NEXUS alchemical system (not handled in roleplay really). She had her eye fixed eventually, and joined a league of Paladins where she tried to lead charges to avoid violence at any cost other than life. 

A diverse range of characters. From a scammer that will eagerly claim your wealth and likely has a hidden vault full of treasures somewhere in the world. To a wholesome soul that feels like they need to be cherished. 

9 hours ago, HurferDurfer1 said:

From a young soldier serving under the Carrion Regime in the days of Petrus shortly before losing a certain war. To a centuries old evil ******* obsessed with self preservation, aiming to live forever no matter what he has to do and what form it might take.

download.png

download (1).png

download (2).png

download (3).png

download (4).png

download (5).png

download (6).png

download (7).png

A hellish life full of torment but full of dedication. I love the changes he's undergone from a youth and slowly developed over time. You did well to show his progression over his building obsession! 

image.thumb.png.61aeaf0d25a74badae8c4fc337d322cc.pngimage.thumb.png.a429ce6b9eb6fde4c89ffd7839ab860e.png
From aloof happy go lucky halfling carpenter to severely depressed wooden man who's seen it all.
Druidism is a hell of a drug and Harold will be missed.

none of my characters live past 30 so i dont really have anything to show :(

OHHOHOHOHOH, I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN! 👀👀👀👀👀

On the left is Evar'lae in Feb 2020 and this is him currently! Bonus is him with his dyed hair, HAH! He went from shy, polite man to semi-polite and tad shy. He also lost his right arm too, good thing he's ambidexterous. There's simply no single sentences that can explain the development of Evar'lae!
image.thumb.png.cc2dada5fbc8cb2c9799bc142d70e144.pngimage.thumb.png.800d3e625e698bcec10991e157c24fba.pngimage.thumb.png.3f5718364380294de2676004cb0b9ae1.png

Then there's Elanor last Spring on the left and here she is on the right! Not much has changed really except her color base palette. The only difference here is that I started her off at maybe 13 and now she's 56+. She used to be abrasive and loud, since she was a literal young teen but now she's learning to be the opposite of that.
image.thumb.png.62aae0e95ef40bae5c4c8f2c4447bce3.pngimage.thumb.png.0d725f6c6a08f6924a67bda0d647b1bd.png

I've another character but he didn't get much character development, not yet at least.

Edited by Commander_Jester
I hate formatting