Separate the story and event team (based edition)

Priceflash

As of late, the story team has adopted a policy that they aren't running player requested or locally targeted events anymore. If their job is basically going to be lore team + we do events (sometimes), I think it makes more sense to separate the two. I believe running local events for different communities is integral to the wellbeing of the server and the Road to 500. 

In addition, I think a separate event team (with different leadership) may benefit both teams significantly. I believe a separate event team with less lore supervision would result in more compelling, less restrictive content. 

What is not compelling is huge landscarred story team dragon events where a dragon runs through the land but is on hiatus and is largely irrelevant. We need a large dedicated team working on events for the server and whatever is going on now is not working.

Amen.

Event team is already its own department that doesn't really answer to the lore team, and has it's own management under the ST, separate from Lore Team. It just doesn't do events on request anymore sooo.... Literally exactly as your post says lmfao, they just don't cater events to specific places on demand. 

🤷‍♂️

I joined ST a week ago, but my LOTC life hasn't been the same since. Ever since getting the green tag, I've had various ST approach me in DMs begging me to be their magic student. I've been offered siliti, varg, paladinism, blood magic, alchemy, naztherak, templar, frost witch, necromancy, and pretty much every other playable magic and CA there is. It's honestly difficult to choose between which I want to play just because I have so many opportunities. This never happened before I was ST. Before I was ST, I was a lowlife greasy-fingered neckbeard like the rest of you non-ST. My character was meaningless without magic. Life was fruitless. Bleak. Now, whenever I emote my character smirking and baring his fangs in the process (the emote would be something like, *smirks, baring his fangs in the process), every egirl within a 50 block radius swoons. Every day I run down the streets of Providence while my horde of fans flock at my heel, desperate to breathe the same air as me. Even squakhawk regrets letting me onto the ST because he didn't realize power I had over people as an ST. It's both a curse and a blessing.

52 minutes ago, Valannor said:

Event team is already its own department that doesn't really answer to the lore team, and has it's own management under the ST, separate from Lore Team. It just doesn't do events on request anymore sooo.... Literally exactly as your post says lmfao, they just don't cater events to specific places on demand. 

🤷‍♂️

Alright delete the lore and story team and replace it with the tech team

i don't agree with you but i'm upvoting anyways, have a nice day price

5 hours ago, Valannor said:

🤷‍♂️

I just wanna be able to look at staff list and know who  I can ask about lore....

4 hours ago, rukio said:

I just wanna be able to look at staff list and know who  I can ask about lore....