A Luceafăru's Gardening Manual: Vol. I

Mady

Spoiler

-k8OFzZotbHI0ylS2_HM4GGFbX1McqDgJs3I-uBy2Yq9rWxKZgI31k8d6O1wVBmWURgEJ9-VTtZeqjipoinxPqJNlYiBNRDBTKgXuD_unKtxXrzoOctXsasnvuIIXjh-Y4Ve31Ig

A young Sorina outside the Woldzmir Castle wandering between the trees and bushes,

discovering bobbles and trinkets of yore.

[Art: Golden Ball by Liga Klavina]

Spoiler

This is a personal and PRIVATE diary entry by Sorina.
Anything from this post is not known unless it is found out through genuine roleplay.

Please do not metagame this information. 

6th of Jula & Piov, Year 410 ES,

Garden Notes:

⊱ The lupin prefer a misty shower rather than a heavy sprinkle.

⊱ Be weary of the dark fae, they are gathering under the leaves in secret whispers. 

⊱ Yellow, yellow, purple, yellow, blue - the pattern of the wildflowers today. 

Today the land was greeted by a frost gifted by the fae, covering anything the small hands of the creatures could reach. Even my treehouse was extra slippery to climb into. I had left a book which I had snuck from Mama’s special library inside and had to grab it before any ongoings of the day began. One thing led to another and I ended up scraping my knee on a tree branch as I climbed down. I made sure to clean up any blood so the dark fae didn’t take it to steal my soul. That would be hard to get back and Papa would not be happy with me. 

As usual my face stung in the cold air as I began my trek to Karosgrad. These morning walks have allowed me the solace I have needed to properly think and keep my mind occupied at the same time. Some people walk as though it is muscle memory but I find I need to concentrate in case any haberknacking fae try to trip me. It is dangerous work. 

As I counted my steps, four thousand and some odd to be exact, the city walls came back into view. By now the first rays of the sun greeted me, defrosting the flora of the landscape around me. The glistening sparkle of the dew on the clovers and grass illuminated my path like a spotlight falling on a field of pearls. I had hoped to meet Liza and Barley before lunch, that way we can have a small meeting regarding the vermin complaints as of late. Sadly, neither of them were around. Isabel did want to talk about relocating some of her whales soon, so I decided to look for her. Alas, another council member missing. 

Throughout the day I could have spoken to many people, though I decided to keep to myself. Karl waved to me in passing but we are at odds regarding the vermin inhabitants in the palace so I ignored him. I wonder if he noticed. I hope so. I should make it a point to meet with King Siggy soon. He could be the answer to all our problems. Or potentially the ruin of everything. . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10th of Msitza & Dargund, Year of 412 ES, 

Garden Notes:

⊱ Find a special breakfast treat for the birds. They have been withholding as of late. 

Mama’s cries rang through the castle. I could hear them in my room over my own cries. It was a day or two before we heard the news of Josephine. I knew something was wrong when the birds didn’t say hello to me today. I had written them off as simply grumpy but no, they knew what was coming. 

Aunt Josephine had always been someone I could talk to. She was nice and always told me about Grandmama Charlotte and how I looked like her. What is the right amount of time to cry? I have this ache in my chest that feels like when I fell once out of a tree and onto my back and had the air leave my lungs. It hurts but it also feels like bliss. Like I am locked in one of my dreams where I am being pulled under the water of a lake. Those were my favourite. 

Right now my pillow and Vogel are the only ones I can talk to, and occasionally the spider in the corner of the ceiling, though he has been busy making his web so I’ve kept my crying rather quiet to not disturb him. 

Does the feeling of missing someone ever go away? Is this what the book's call heartbreak? Or is that different? I have so many questions but I don’t know who to ask. Mama and Papa are sad, just like Viorel. I’m still trying to learn how to talk in Vogels language so he’s out of the question for now. What hurts the most is that Aunt Josephine would be who I would want to ask. And now she’s gone forever. 

8th of  Joma & Umund, Year of 417 ES,

Garden Notes:

⊱ Talk to someone about the trials of being ordinary. 

⊱ If Mama asks, blame the tear in my skirts on the sheep. 

I awoke early this morning, before Viorel, Mama or Papa. The birds had not even begun their chirping when I took my first steps out onto the path leading me to Karosgrad. Something was different today and it only took me my walk to truly understand what had been amiss. 

Since I could remember, my mind and sight had been different from others. One could hear the gyration of leaves and assume a squirrel was afoot but no - in my mind I knew a creature bearing butterfly wings and a pixies body was watching my every move. I saw the oddball creatures which lingered in the shadows of the woods, their multiple eyes watching different parts of my figure as I passed by. The world around me glowed an ethereal yellow, rays of the sun and moon illuminating my surroundings as spheres of glowing fairy dust would float around my vision, attracted to whoever my sight rested upon. 

Yet, today as I walked, my rose tinted view of the world was gone as though it was stolen from me as I slept, never to return once more. The neon colour of the forest was now dull and grey, pale and darker than I had ever seen it before. The ground below my feet would not hum as I walked, it’s familiar greeting now lost to me as if it had never existed. 

As I grew nearer to the red walls which had grown so familiar to me, I walked past the patch of wildflowers which usually bloomed and faced me as I walked, flashing their intense colours my way. But, this very morning, they remained held inside their slumbering shells. The more I walked the more lost and confused I grew. It was like the world was now foreign to me and I saw just how plainly others viewed it. It was almost as I had feared after Liza had warned me. I was now simply ordinary.