Spoiler

I am going on a break for like a week. This is just an excuse as to why I won't be around.

Love you all. I'll bring back things from Disney.

Awakening

The Art of Adrian Virlan - Forest Core

A High Elf scatters through a darkened forest, dressed in a dusty, muddy, light blue jacket that had several holes ripped through it. His pants were frayed and covered in dirt as the man scrambled over large roots. There was no light source other than the light evil, bluish light that pulsed through the veins of the trees. There were few shadows darting after the High Elf, though anyone might be incapable of deciphering the difference between man and beast. A howl struck through the fleeing Elf’s bones, panic ensuing only shortly there after. He could not see his path, could not see the direction or where he was running, all he knew was that he had to get away from whatever chased him. The menacing blue light overcast him, pulsing bright for a moment. His ears popped as a sound wave shook the forest, the ground began to rumble and quake, causing him to catch his foot upon one of the deformed roots and slam into a pool of mud.

Quickly, the ‘aheral turned his body, scrambling away on his back, soaked in mud. A darkened beast was lit up by the blue light cast from the veins of the tree, the dirt and ground blackened with purple hues, making quite obvious the corrupt setting.. The beast curled forward, baring its fangs in a gnarly manner before thrusting forward, gullet agape to snap up and end the Elf that had run. And then there was darkness.

—-------------

A blond ‘thill sat up abruptly in his bed, shirtless and panicked. Quickly, he feels along his chest, to confirm that he still exists. That he still was in the realm of the living. And so a grim look overcast his visage, and he sat in silence for several minutes. His gaze slowly turned over towards the left side of his bed that lay empty. A bed too large for just one person to use, and yet the other side was empty. He took a deep breath, rolling out of bed. His bare feet pad upon a cold, wooden floor as he stepped in front of a mirror to look over his perfect, yet imperfect form. He was tall, slim, and handsome, most might say. Though there was something new, a large portion of his lower abdomen had turned into a new, metallic material. It was silver and glistening upon the low light of the room, lit by a lone lantern. The slim ‘thill lifts two nimble fingers to feel over the strange, hardened scar tissue, a depressed sigh escaping his form.

And so suddenly, the High Elf bursts in a fit of anger, slamming his fist upon the mirror, shattering it abruptly due to the brittle nature of the thing. He kicks a nearby stool over, lifting an arm to cover his face whilst he reigns in his emotions. And silence struck through the room once more.

“I can’t keep doing this, I'm sorry, Taevas, I'm sorry. This world is just.. too cruel.” The mali’thill turned towards his closet, quickly throwing on a dark blue overcoat that moved down to about his lower calves. He grabs a satchel full of an assortment of goods. Money, a book and quill, et cetera filled the bag, as well as several folded sheets of paper. He exits out of the room, his face still grim as he glances down the hallway to a door near the end. He grunts, seemingly confused for a moment. “I suppose he is a heavy sleeper, then..”

Karinah’siol, a temperate citystate upon an isle, lush with greenery and life. Home to the ‘thill for this moment. However, as of current, it was corrupted by a voidal tear that was eating away at the lifeblood of the isle, as well as other places around Almaris. A city of silver and white, torn through several times with strife, exhaustive battles, and magical destruction. Through this city, the scarred ‘thill walked, eyes gazing at the banners that hung voicing support for Larihei, the founder of Haelun’or and Mother to All High Elves. He let out a gentle sigh, his grim features turning into a neutral expression, yet he did not stop at any stalls. His direction was true and unwavered, out the open gates and to the docks.

Pirates Age Card Game illustration_ by cgfelker.deviantart.com on  @DeviantArt | Boat art, Game illustration, Ship art

On the nearest boat, he boarded, uncaring for the destination. A trip to nowhere, to disappear for now and get away from the chaos that had gone on for many years, since his arrival in the city, oh-so long ago. The only things he had brought with him were the clothes upon his back, the satchel he carried, and the weight and guilt of every decision he had made up until then. A break away from the city, though he would be back, reforged.

Valazaer Calith would return.

And back within the Sullas-Calith Talonni Mansion, a letter was left, addressing his only other family member, Seth Calith.

Spoiler

"Seth. I will return. I simply need to get away from the chaos that continues to happen. I encourage you to do more research.. We have to close the voidal tear before it gets any worse. We have to strengthen the city, and yet I don't know how.. But you are old, you are wise. I trust you to do this. I will return in a year, and when I do, I hope things have gotten better."

After having awoken, completly unaware of the events which transpired in the night frowned deeply upon spotting the letter. "No he didn't." He grunted in annoyance as he picked up the letter. The old elf sighed deeply as his gaze traveled over the text. "You are a fool." He marched into his room to store the letter to confront Valazaer in a year.

In the dead of the night came the shattering sound of glass. On a stool a younger high elf straightened, turning his head sharply towards his own bedroom door. Working late, he had been awake only by chance to catch the event. The sound had originated from somewhere above and opposite him, Elarhil deduced. It shook him, after recent break ins to the manor, he feared the worst. Though he pushed aside the anxiety and rose to exit the bedroom.

Along the narrow and vacant corridor he crept. The fireplace was unlit at this hour, meaning he had to fumble in the pitch dark. As a guide he ran his right hand along the wall. The beginning of a cobweb broke by his fingertips. When he reached the end he paused, squinting up towards the landing area. It was then the door of Valazaer flung open and his figure could be seen, fleeing after a glance. The manner of Valazaer concerned him, but he opted to remain in shadow.

Unknown this leaving is to a dashingly handsome fisherman, hero of the citystates, who notices a thinning in the lines of his phalanx of citizen soldiers. Though seemingly unperturbed, the tanned high elf knew in his silver soul, that one of his closest brothers, in his absence, was disturbed. He prepared himself, and those around him for great trial ahead