A tragic end [PK]

Iolas Valro, for the last time, packed his sword, medical herbs and some food for the road. The herbs did not mean a thing. It was simply a natural instinct for him. Knowing that he will never see anyone he ever loved, knowing that he will leave his fiance and his son alone.

The flowers around Elysium were blossoming, such a beautiful flowers, almost as if the world itself is mocking him. Almost as if he was born only to suffer. As he was walking, he thought of his last moments with the people he knew and learned to love.

Elend, the magnificant sword that he made him, that boy truly is talented

Radvan, a dear friend that will one day become a paladin. I am certain that he will

Plume, the most joyful boy that he met, and a charming boy

Alex, a dear friend that was there for him after Hileia's death, his former fiance

Luthriel, a dear Orenian friend that had helped him getting his first horse

Solomon, the father of his former dead fiance. Only now, he understand the true meaning of Solmon's words. Only now, he knows he Solomon really felt

Suika, and aspiring druii that he wished to study to be a medic under her. Such a shame that he will not be able to

Cole, his Haenseni friend with whom Iolas had shared many times a drink and a good conversation

Rose, Hileia's youngest sister, she must have grown into a kind grown up lady

Madoc, an aspiring shaman that has saved his life, he was thankful for him saving his life

Andora, that is going through a tough time right now. Such a shame that he can't be there for her as she was for him

Arwen, she is currently studying Bardmancy. I am sure that she will become an amazing atrist

Laura, with whom Iolas did not speak for a long time

Nesithra, a proud mother of a healthy child, and the one that is married to Orin

Togrim, with whom he shared the first time his experience at the voidal pits with Nim'Bur

Ellathor, the one that must carry the burden of handling the mess he left

Ehrendil, that was too busy and concerned with his work

Isaac, that is hopefully going to propose to his current girlfriend Sera

Faeviel, that just got married with the person she loves

Keishara, that was warded under a noble family, and a dear friend

Emiko, the midwife that was helping him and Neveah with their baby. 

Almost in an instant, al these thoughts went through his mind. A single tear accompanied them. I don't want to die. Another tear accompanied the last thought. I have so much else to do. People I wanted to meet, things that I wanted to study, family that I wanted to have.

Iolas would then get away from the road. Looking for a quite place, to be in peace at his last moments. The forests at the west were so beautiful. The green trees, many exotic animals, some of them dead, their corpses helping others to survive. This is the lesson you wanted to teach, isn't it Suika?. The thought would go through his mind, passing quickly. He would then think of Nym. He barely even managed to say a proper goodbye. I am sorry my dear son, please be strong. A picture of the young polite boy formed in his mind. The first time that he took Nym under his care, almost as if it happened yesterday. A young boy was sitting, trying to eat a moldy lone piece of raw meat, a homeless child that did not know the love of a parent. After the death of the child Neveah carried, he could not find his son anywhere.  I love you, my dear oem'ii. Your maln will always love you. 

But none of this mattered, the elf would just keep walking, finding a quite ravine with a river. The river can wash away my body. Then, he thought of Neveah, the woman he loves. He had given her the worst thing that could be done. As he was saying goodbye, the baby died. After 5 months of pregnancy, giving birth to a child that simply cannot survive. He was not breathing. Few other tears dropped slowly from his face, as he went down the ravine. Our unborn child died, because of me. Because of me that you are now infertile. I am sorry Neveah, I love you, I am sorry for causing so much pain. The frustration, the agony. It was unfathomable. Leaving her like this, his heart would scream in pain and agony, tearing him apart. I never wanted to leave you, but he left me no choice. I wanted to live, to create a family with you, Neveah. Why was he forced to leave this way? Not even getting the comfort that his fiance would give birth to a healthy child, why did he have to steal away her happiness? The woman he loved. The agony, the unfathomable agony. 

Oddly enough, Nim'Bur did not pass through his mind at all. Only the people he loved, not the one that stole it all. But he could not help it, he knew that he would never try to risk the lives of his fiance, the lives of his son, the lives of his friends, of the citizens of Elysium. And so, Iolas sat there, his back to the river, he pulled out the sword, and turning it, so the blade would point at his own chest. He got ready to thrust the sword...

And then the thought hit him. He thought of Hileia. Who died years ago, his former fiance with whom he was in love so much. Daughter to Solomon, nephew to Isaac, sister to Rose. Her face took form and were clearly visible to his eyes, almost as if she was there again, sitting in front of him, giving him a smile, a warming smile, the smile that always relaxed him, the smile that was only hers. Hilly, I am coming. I am coming to see you, I am going to reunite with you soon. He never stopped to love her. This was the small comfort that he could find, a very small light in a world of darkness.

And then, the blade thrusted in. The life disappeared from his eyes, as he fell onto the river, only to gaze at the sunset, the beautiful forest, with a blade deep inside his chest. As if the world frozen in place, the thought hit his head, in a moment of desperation. I don't want to die, damn you Nim'Bur, damn you demon, damn you cult. Someone will eventually stop you. And with that, the elf finally died. He did not find peace, but rather agony, unfathomable agony, for him having to die. For his child to die. For his son to disappear. For his fiance to be infertile. For his life to be lost. The young elf, found his end at the age of 30. The life of a kind man, the life of a loving father, a friend, a spouse ended at this moment. Iolas Valro met his tragic end.

With his last breathes, he defied the cult. He has chosen to reveal them, he has chosen to reveal the truth to Almaris. This was his choice, and he did not regret it.

=[!]=

Far away from the gruesome scene, a certain kharajyr by the name of Nim’Bur receives news of the death of Iolas. A swirl of anger flurries through his mind, accompanied by a wave of a horrid satisfaction that Iolas was finally dead. But beneath all those emotions, maybe there was a spark; a small chunk of regret? A regret he’d lost a man he’d been friends with, and then sought to kill. A regret of how things could have been..

Hileia in the seven skies saw Iolas she got up and tackled him kissing him all over his face "My love, you are here...why" frowns "Not that I am mad just surprised"

Emiko was traveling when she heard the news she stops to pray at a shrine muttering softly  "Will miss you Iolas" 

Edited by Starwarschick

Sulieronn let off a sigh as he heard of the death of a man he once knew. The man folded his arm over his chest as he closed his eyes. "Another is returned to the void. A shame."

Far away an armored man would be reading the book he received from a parrot, he lowered the cup of tea he was drinking onto the table, another friend meets their end he thought to himself, his eyes losing a bit of spark yet again.

He closed the book, putting it on the table before turning to the elf girl who burnt her lip from trying to drink the tea, "There, there Lura, you should've blown it before drinking," he said patting his daughter's head. "Farewell, Iolas..." he sighed as he looked to the skies above.

After the honeymoon Faeviel overheard the news she sat on the bed looking to her husband "Oh honey a dear friend has passed, I will miss him" hugging her new husband for comfort

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Keishara heard the news from her father the elfess sat down "Wow I.." Frowns running a hand in her hair "Lets keep the good memories alive hm?" Taking a deep breath trying to be brave" Looked up to.the skies "I will make you proud Iolas" 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neveah woke up after a few weeks of being bedridden the news reached her only to cause her pain and grief. She did not move from the bed just stares out the window in her silence. So much going through the poor woman's mind

Edited by Fawnytheturtle

A corcitură taken by unchallenged thirst had become little more than a beast. His mind could not comprehend, not come to the conclusion that someone he wished to have called his ally was now gone. The semblance of mortality that was left in him would certainly grief, if ever it became dominant once more.

A wood elf entered one of his chain of shops, this one in Elysium. As he worked on the flowers in the shop he read tail of a dead man. All he could think to do is go down to where they found the body and plant a few flowers. If he knew more of the situation it might have even reminded him of his own life. 

Sir Solomon Obedia would read over the goodbye letter. He would put the book on the top of his shelf and read a public statement to the post around. 

"Let it be known this demonic worshipping cult will be brought to Imperial Justice. Iolas, you will be remembered. I will see you soon."
Afterwards, he would take a drink in honor of his name raising his glass. 
"Give hileia a warm hug for me. And tell my wife hi." 

Shhnk. ShhnkA whetstone scrapes on tired metal, sharpening, honing a new edge from a war-weary weapon. Elend Odinson looks up as Iolas' signature parrot flutters in, illuminated by the thin shaft of sunlight falling through the smithy's small window. The methodic scraping of the whetstone stops as he reads the letter, and all seems to fall silent a moment. The smith hangs his head, watching his reflection in the polished blade in his lap. "Another one gone." his low voice breaks the silence, and he returns to his work. Sharpening, polishing, readying, with a new fervour.

Upon hearing the unfortunate news of Iolas' passing, a young elven woman in Nor'asath's tavern gave a simple frown, only uttering a quiet, almost even angered, "why didn't you say goodbye..."

Cole was waiting in the square for a good conversation to start somewhere when the parrot carrying books dropped the books to him. His eyes filled with tears as he began to read them, and his knees began to lose strength. "Another day another friend gone." Cole thought sadly. So many of his friends were dead. "Iolas...I will avenge you, and dravi old friend." He then pocketed the books, picked up his sword he was leaning on, and began his journey.