RE: Mission Statement – World Team

squakhawk

Just now, NorthWindNomad said:

I said what I said.

And it bullshit. There were many who put so much effort into it - and it's sad that WT ended up being removed to failing leadership.

I will express this here for what others have expressed to me 

what's happening to the current world team applications?

1 minute ago, Laeonathan said:

And it bullshit. There were many who put so much effort into it - and it's sad that WT ended up being removed to failing leadership.

Then where's World Team? If all that effort was put into it, then why wasn't it a successful and well regarded team? Literally everyone I talked to about it had something to say about World Team. And not much of it was really good, if at all. 

Genuinely interested in being involved with new map development and production. Is there a specific outlet or person I can reach out to for further QUESTIONS and ANSWERS?

5 minutes ago, NorthWindNomad said:

Then where's World Team? If all that effort was put into it, then why wasn't it a successful and well regarded team? Literally everyone I talked to about it had something to say about World Team. And not much of it was really good, if at all. 

Someone put apps on hold in novemeber. So it was the same old people pulling the weight. That was the mistake.

9 minutes ago, NorthWindNomad said:

did.... did you read the post?

~w~

26 minutes ago, MayRndz said:

I will express this here for what they others have expressed to me 

what's happening to the current world team applications?

I denied all the applications, some were sent links to reapply for ST Builder. 

Wouldn’t it be better to just get an admin instead of letting hero kill it?

can we just use the new MC gen for the next map? it's much better than any worldpaint we've ever had

just run a few gens to get a nice continent shape and then tweak from there innit

35 minutes ago, Neckbeardicus Prime, Riblord of Aesterwald said:

Take it from a dude who has been here a decade: When you go about designing your next map, take a very close look at how Anthos was laid out. I joined back in Asulon and I have a preference for large areas in general, and I remember being rather disappointed with the release of Anthos because of how damned small it was. But in hindsight, it was a very masterful design that hasn't been duplicated in nine years. Think about how natural barriers (especially rivers and mountains) can affect flow of people. The implementation of East Fleet was great for Dwarves and Humans, but Elves and Orcs are extremely far away to walk to. A main highway is not a bad thing to use to connect playerbases, and it is much more immersive than the fetish that some people have with fast travels. Take some time to think about how to create a map without portals and fast-travels, but to also allow for breathing space

Anthos is acting as one of my main inspirations for map design theme, it served as a much more natural looking and feeling map. Elevations that didn’t change from Y:50 to Y:300 within a hundred blocks, biomes to match what made sense, and without an ungodly unused stain akin to Arcas’ snow island or Almaris’ volcano-lands. Usable land is one thing, but fantasy, thematically correct and natural land will exceed it in every way. There’s a lot of lessons to be learned from just the last three maps alone- Almaris, Arcas, Atlas. I want this one done right.

I would like to thank all the world team members from the bottom up for all their work over the years.