Why so many AFK people these days

NotEvilAtAll

unknown.png

is lotc not interesting enough to not be tabbed out doing something else these days or what

Y'see, I'm only on this server to add to my friends nation activity percentage, not to actually roleplay, thats for losers, I simply AFK whilst doing homework in my other tabs, or playing Connect-4 with ST members, because LoTC is boring.

why would i go out of my way to emote at other people when i can stand around for 7 hours a day tabbed out hoping that someone approaches me and offers me magic

4 minutes ago, NLThomas said:

cats_is_armstrong.gif

give me rep i made this

You see Jumperhand, this wouldn't be a problem if we had freebuild.

Why would you go back to LotC? You're going back to the place with two idiot Admins, one of which is off developing some blob game and the other Admin is the reason nothing plugin wise gets done and abuses his position, not to mention how toxic the staff team is, you know this, you've seen the staff chat before, you've seen how vicious the ST can get and how abusive the Orenian Mods are, they shit talk everyone who isn't in their circle jerk. You have seen the depths of the depravity of men because of this server. The 'communities' care about you? They only want two things from you, to grind and click for their Nations, they don't care about your stupid incoherent ramblings about whatever is on your mind right that second. You think it is going to be different because you're doing your best to improve yourself and helping your friends have a blast? It is going to be the same all over again, did you forget about how most of your friends get utterly trashed by the staff and community at large and get locked out of most things, yet everyone else who is by far worse barely suffer the consequence for the toxic slander they spread. 

Think, Pup, Think!

Spoiler

There is no roleplay, only OOC grind, I will afk in the Nation I've declared support for so they may enjoy their RP and I pray I get a crumb of such RP if I've been a good enough activity farm. Please, take pity on me those who are in cliques, I understand why now, it was the only way to have fun, to avoid those who would PG or metagame, if you take me in, please have patience for I have brain rot, but I can change PLEASE SAVE ME!

Think_Pup.png

Because the server is boring and (almost) no one plays interesting characters or tries to tell complex stories

3 minutes ago, Narthok said:

ye idk, most folk are rp takers instead of rp makers

I think it comes down to the fact a lot of RP you wanna make involves OOC consent, wanna burn down a building because someone wronged you, gotta get RO permission, along with many other things. Most won't give permission because god forbid there is disruption in my character's daily life. Players in any game will optimize the fun out of anything and LotC is no different. I will also repost an image below from the Daggerfall manual, something if people keep in mind when RPing on the server they're bound to have interesting characters if they go through hardships than actively avoid them where they can at OOC levels rather than IRP ones. This is within reason, don't need to RP with people who aren't going to be respectful towards you, like PGing, or metagaming, or just a unsavory OOCly.
 35defc2bd8630680c998df208723a7e1.png

2 hours ago, Venomous_Pup said:

I think it comes down to the fact a lot of RP you wanna make involves OOC consent, wanna burn down a building because someone wronged you, gotta get RO permission, along with many other things. Most won't give permission because god forbid there is disruption in my character's daily life. Players in any game will optimize the fun out of anything and LotC is no different. I will also repost an image below from the Daggerfall manual, something if people keep in mind when RPing on the server they're bound to have interesting characters if they go through hardships than actively avoid them where they can at OOC levels rather than IRP ones. This is within reason, don't need to RP with people who aren't going to be respectful towards you, like PGing, or metagaming, or just a unsavory OOCly.
 35defc2bd8630680c998df208723a7e1.png

most of the rp i make is just treaty negotiations or generic minecraft diplomacy..

my favorite parts that make the server boring are the entire lack of overarching story to the map and the shit activity system that causes all this afking that big admins seem hellbent on keeping??

put afk timer back