To Test a Fox

TaytoTot

Spoiler

To Test A Fox

I3SE8hcKtn4CWpUlCbk7kF23HlYxfxoR0zpr4N0Db6YU17UsqWdQU9r8CtbjnLH0qOE4jvb1u-W79bGlAIqoYVCfo_Q1q5m8K_lIVt2Z_NIaVoqc_GHLIs3KSDfiSxN_GxUsi3xD

niUvwxtjsoFEzKjAOrZe_1Tl9tBHSb_g0RcPRTxJ3T09X3Mu36CP16fY-AEYq3ZdqAVjKOizOi6xuuW0eFlfmgBMVY3VT8Ko-Wl2vwS9U1o8lNAeA5ca5webHcNmny8Q7CUBUKdc

A representation of the Elven forest circa. 63 S.A.

I3SE8hcKtn4CWpUlCbk7kF23HlYxfxoR0zpr4N0Db6YU17UsqWdQU9r8CtbjnLH0qOE4jvb1u-W79bGlAIqoYVCfo_Q1q5m8K_lIVt2Z_NIaVoqc_GHLIs3KSDfiSxN_GxUsi3xD

“Vuln’ii, do you hold the title of Vuln’miruel?”

“I felt it was ne appropriate”

“Let us change that then.”

The forests surrounding the lands were dark and vast. Once one exited the roads of the lands, the forest would engulf them into its world, a land to never escape from. The looming trees never allowed for many sights of the heavens above in the later hours of the day.

Make friends with a fox.

A young mali ran into these woods willingly, her maroon eyes filled with a sudden calm. Oh, how the ambience soothed her raging soul, bringing a hot-headed woman to a temporary calm. For most, the noise would be bothersome, but from the years of living in these walls of bark and wood, the elf had no trouble welcoming the noise back into her hectic life. Her chest would rise and fall with inconsistent breaths, trying to catch its normal pace. The elf would then look at her surroundings. She scanned the area for ginger fur, but couldn’t see any. With that, she would go through the forest.

Twigs broke and dead leaves would crunch under stiff leather boots, treading through the forest. It couldn’t be so hard finding a fox and befriending it, no? Bushes would start to rustle and the sound of gentle steps could be heard. Movement. The elf’s ears would perk up, looking around for where the noise had come from. Suddenly, patches of red fur would appear in her vision, simply passing by. 

It comes naturally to us.

“Wait!” She yelled, which only scared the poor fox. Speed picked up in its feet, and the fox would start to run off. This caused her to curse under her breath and start to run after the fox! She couldn’t lose this now! As she ran through the forest, other creatures would run off in fear of being the mali’s prey, though she had no intention of hurting them. It being nighttime made it harder for her to keep her eyes on the fox, though she kept up with it well enough as its red fur stood out like a sore thumb.

Suddenly, the fox would stop in a clearing, the moonlight shining onto the animal. The fox did not have a coat like most, but instead, their fur was red and black, the black being the dominant colour in this case. A gold cross would be its morph. The mali would slow down until she finally stopped at the edge of the clearing. This is what she found…a fox unlike any other, perfect for accompanying a mixed elf, not like any other. 

No tricks.

She sighed as she remembered her uncle’s words. Damn you, marmal’onn. The Arvellon that lived within the girl wanted to disobey this, bribing the fox with a berry, but it would ruin the trial. Instead, the girl held out her tattooed hand, showing the fox that she would not harm it. The fox would look at her arm, seeing the stars upon her hand. It started to slowly approach the girl, feeling her aura as it got closer. Even though the fox was just chased by her, it got close enough to sniff her hand, further evaluating her. 

The fox would then press its head against the girl’s hand, allowing her to pet it. Ventys would beam as the fox finally accepted her! “I am going to name you Alo,” she declared as she ran her dark fingers along Alo’s fur, feeling a fox’s coat for the first time. 

The duo would walk past the gates of Caras y Tennallar, into the city. A smile was painted upon Ventys’ features, proud of herself! “Haelun, Marmal’onn, look!”

Amaesil smiles. "As I said. It comes naturally to the foxfolk."