Oren's OOC Hate War

Cjmate

Completely agree with you CJ. I think this has been a difficult experience for a lot of us players, and the tension created OOCly as a result of it is really really disheartening.

I’m hoping this war can be settled as fast as possible so that things could go back to normal, and friendships, especially long existing ones, can be rebuilt.

I’m pretty sad about possible friendships lost as a result of this, but here’s to hope.

And people wonder why i choose neutrality. Good post CJ. +1

22 minutes ago, Cjmate said:

you have an obligation to take care of your people and the people your people roleplay with

I did this for the Munnel. at first no one supported me. now i got the support of my entire house. Why? They saw what i saw.

I've been on LotC since 2018, and this is the most oocly hate I've ever seen. And I believe that certain issues exaggerate people's emotions a little too much. But, ideally, if everything settles down, the friendships I've lost can be repaired.

i've seen jack shit in  terms of ooc, the most heated i've seen it get was  in the  wiki discord earlier today when i said "L, one man house" To Grnappa, obviously day 1 of the war was the most heated, i had 20 people in my DMs  asking me what the  ****  was  happening and people  from both  sides  asking me to join them, and with the sacking of vuillermoz  i know  some people got upset at that becuase  Vuillermoz had yet to pick a side in the war, but besides that i've seen practically nothing in terms  of  ooc,  most of my friends are  still my friends, though some people  have left  my discord server because  i support Lion  and  they  support Jay. as  well as  what Shmeep said in his  response, i was also pretty dissapointed when  i saw people from my own side calling jay supporters  'peterphiles' it just seems really tasteless, especially considering the 2nd to last Emperor we  had.

also, to people like @Shmeepicusand Ave, and just anyone who was my friend OOCly before this war but are now on the other side, i'd just like to  say that i do not care for your IRP position, because i find it really silly to suddenly hate your OOC friends  because  they  IRPly like another guy who you do not like  is just next  level dumbassery, but at the same time if you are someone who  suddenly OOCly hate someone you where  friends  with because they IRPly support another guy, perhaps you should just leave lotc and go touch some  grass, maybe learn how  to allow friends  to have opinions that aren't the  same  as yours.

1 minute ago, MailC3p said:

i've seen jack shit in  terms of ooc, the most heated i've seen it get was  in the  wiki discord earlier today when i said "L, one man house" To Grnappa, obviously day 1 of the war was the most heated, i had 20 people in my DMs  asking me what the  ****  was  happening and people  from both  sides  asking me to join them, and with the sacking of vuillermoz  i know  some people got upset at that becuase  Vuillermoz had yet to pick a side in the war, but besides that i've seen practically nothing in terms  of  ooc,  most of my friends are  still my friends, though some people  have left  my discord server because  i support Lion  and  they  support Jay. as  well as  what Shmeep said in his  response, i was also pretty dissapointed when  i saw people from my own side calling jay supporters  'peterphiles' it just seems really tasteless, especially considering the 2nd to last Emperor we  had.

Vuillermoz was RP my man- as I said, we keep that shit IRP. o7

5 minutes ago, Shmeepicus said:

Vuillermoz was RP my man- as I said, we keep that shit IRP. o7

yes of course, though i will be real with you Shmeep, 3-4 hour CRP is not my thing man... not my thing

but still, i was told people where OOCly upset, not your guys, mainly just Vuiller people.

This is by far not the most toxic war on Lord of the Craft, sorry.

Why do I know that? Because in one I was involved with I got DDOS'd and flat out doxxed, and had somebody threatening to drive out to my house.

My IP address was compromised by Staff members ages ago as well, about four-years ago in the midst of some highly volatile drama of that time period.

Now, I'm not saying your feelings are invalid. I take the server with so little seriousness now because honestly I see other human beings behind the screen and unless I'd say something to somebody in-person (IRL), I opt not to say it online. I trust this is a taxing experience for you. While we cannot expect people to come together and agree about everything, the bare minimum we can all do is shake hands, have some good role-play and a good warclaim. 

Let us all enjoy this historical part of the game we all know and love and dissuade the sh*t disturbers from both sides from spreading needless hate & drama; because LoTC truly isn't the cesspit it used to be. 

PBUH.

Thanks for coming to Ask Derfey. 

Just now, EX. DERFEY said:

This is by far not the most toxic war on Lord of the Craft, sorry.

Why do I know that? Because in one I was involved with I got DDOS'd and flat out doxxed, and had somebody threatening to drive out to my house.

My IP address was compromised by Staff members ages ago as well, about four-years ago in the midst of some highly volatile drama of that time period.

Now, I'm not saying your feelings are invalid. I take the server with so little seriousness now because honestly I see other human beings behind the screen and unless I'd say something to somebody in-person (IRL), I opt not to say it online. I trust this is a taxing experience for you. While we cannot expect people to come together and agree about everything, the bare minimum we can all do is shake hands, have some good role-play and a good warclaim. 

Let us all enjoy this historical part of the game we all know and love and dissuade the sh*t disturbers from both sides from spreading needless hate & drama; because LoTC truly isn't the cesspit it used to be. 

PBUH.

Thanks for coming to Ask Derfey. 

based Eli take

1 minute ago, Shmeepicus said:

based Eli take

also shmeep, since you're clearly awake rn, mind hoping onto lotc rq and help me break into the remains  of Reutov? i need a mod to watch me lockpick chests.

I might just be traumatised due to the war of the two emperors a few years back, but overall ive actually been very impressed with the lack(?) of toxicity in this war. Sure, yeah, there's definitely some questionable things (as there is every day on lotc), but I actually think this is almost a positive step for lotc and war.

You make good points regarding how important NLs are, moreso than staff, but I think what really needs to happen is a continuation of prioritising rp > ooc. 

I see what your saying. But this war’s toxicity is not even on the level of the Sedan war. People who are siding with the Empire side of this conflict are still allowed in the Kingdom Of Oren discord. They are treated nicely. 

But when they are those bad apples in the bunch who try to do these types of actions (doxxing, toxic behavior, etc.) then of course try in your own power to report them. No one will be able to report others for you. 

I am not saying your feelings are invalid.

I just do not see through the liens which you see through. Also. I think many of us are trying to prevent another Sutican war situation or even a War of Two emperors situation. Which I was around for and was very chaotic oocly as a newer player. 

Let us all just remember this is a mineman game. A pixelated game. And they are also mods who are willing to take on reports and will take action. I am not saying oh you cannot say something is stupid. Just saying everyone should remain calm and if someone thing does happen. Report it. And keep it ooc.

22 minutes ago, annanicole__ said:

I've been on LotC since 2018, and this is the most oocly hate I've ever seen. And I believe that certain issues exaggerate people's emotions a little too much. But, ideally, if everything settles down, the friendships I've lost can be repaired.

I too joined in 2018, albeit in December and this has been the worst I've seen stuff get for war. Sadly it's hard to repair friendships, if not impossible. People need to learn to keep ooc in ooc and rp in rp.

Losing friends is always just terrible and while this isn't the worst that's happened on the server, especially for me and Derfey, it is still bad. Losing friends over mineman means it's almost certain things won't repair themselves. Hell, I still have friends I lost in 2020 when I left that I've not made up with.

I've generally tried to keep out of war stuff and the only Oren discord I'm in is Vuillermoz so I know know what happened to them. My vision on it is skewed and I've not dealt with wars much in the past besides being an outside observer.