Oren's OOC Hate War

Cjmate

I've had to take action against more topics on the forums in the last 48 hours than I have had to in my entire rest of my time as a forum mod. The amount of people still RPing about voided RP is frustrating. And it's maddening that people believe that, because this is nothing like War of 2 Emps, various issues going on now is fine. 

But, and this is a big but, the real important question is "when will I get unbanned from the Orenian Discords?" 

Doesn't look too bad but using is "well nobody has been doxxed!" Is a pretty yikes standard.

10 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

Doesn't look too bad but using is "well nobody has been doxxed!" Is a pretty yikes standard.

yea yet, you’re my first target

I was actually bragging just a few hours about how this conflict hasn't had much ooc toxicity? I'm not sure if you're speaking about the CRP as I wasn't there but I actually haven't caught a single instance of real vitriol. Lion has been stressing acceptance in the Oren discord as to not have any of that, and if there is any then it's snuffed by a lot of people who care about their community beyond this civil war (most). Individual reports of toxicity are sadly not able to be controlled, and as for the peterphile thing that's just something said by the immature bunch, it's not widespread.

I don't mean to psychoanalyze but being those on the Imperialist side and having been displaced from Providence city and original Oren discords, it can be very easy to get overwhelmed. You have to try to focus on seeing this as a consequence of the roleplay rather than OOC.

6 hours ago, MailC3p said:

me, in the last war trying to purposfully annoying to Urguan and ended up leaving the war with 2 new tripartite friends

Shut up poopy face

7 hours ago, rukio said:

If you've been here ten years how is this your most toxic war? Oh no...friends r mean to each other OOC over RP? Lal 2017 they were ddosing and doxxing each other one war and friends the next. People are just way more sensitive now. . . 

Or... picture this maybe. You could respect her opinion instead of being a complete jackass to a person who JUST said they were tired of toxicity and instead refrain from commenting. Uncalled for.

3 hours ago, FlemishSupremacy said:

LITHIUM ******* SEDAI, THE DOG RIGHT BEHIND (REDACTED)'S HEELS

[Redacted]'s number one fanboy

7 hours ago, MailC3p said:

me, in the last war trying to purposfully annoying to Urguan and ended up leaving the war with 2 new tripartite friends

thats what YOU think but I actually PRETENDED to befriend you to shack up rent-free in ur barony hahahahA!

Though I have not been super active on LOTC over the past few months due to this being the most exhausting semester of my life, I have been playing LOTC since 2015 and have met some of my best friends today as a result. This server has been an amazing place for community and relationship building between people with common interests in having an enjoyable experience with others, playing a game that they love. This server is a roleplay server. The definition of roleplay is to act out or perform the part of a person or character. I've been roleplaying since I was little, playing Barbie's or house with my sister and neighbors. When I was 7, sometimes roleplaying would create conflict between my sister and friends and I "out of character", but now that I am 22 and can conceptualize a difference between myself and my roleplay characters. One is fictional, and one is real. I am a real life person, and the things that my character does in roleplay does not directly translate to who I am as a human being in the real world. Additionally, if someone were to insult my character in roleplay, I would not take that insult as a direct offence to my real life self. I feel that a lot of the drama that is happening within the OOC communities of Oren is because some people have a hard time recognizing that distinct separation between themselves and their characters on the server. Things that happen on LOTC may upset you, but none of it translates to real life or who these real life people are behind their creatively designed Minecraft skins. I agree with you, Cjmate, that "our community is built by the people who play the game everyday" just as it can be deconstructed by people who play the game everyday. Personally, I think that conflict in roleplay is exciting and can foster rich roleplay, and this conflict is no different. Who doesn't love the tea of LOTC? But let's save that tea sipping for roleplay so we don't destroy the kettle that is this server and its rich community. 

Since the start of the war I've still hung out with several of my friends from both sides of the war and the one thing I keep hearing in regards to the conflict is that this is one of the best roleplay experiences they have had. As far as OOC toxicity goes, I've seen precious little when you compare it to the Urguani-Orenian War or even the Tenth Nordling War. 

I do however, recognize that some people believe there is more toxicity than others. In that regard, I don't believe that the toxicity stems from the general vibe of the Orenian community but it stems from the sub-community you surround yourself with. I know several people feel OOCly pressured to chose a certain side and receive crap for it by their friends on the other side when they don't chose them.

The stress this caused me personally the night it happened was immense. I had been working with High_Fire on the cultural rewrite for the Darkwoods for like a week and then this tore it down. My character picked Fred irp, his picked Peter, chaos ensued. Most of all what I regret about this is that I don't get to do friendly family rp with the guy, instead I gotta be mean in roleplay and its stanky. My irp choices are as they are, but I hope after all this no matter who wins or loses, there won't be some weird segregation over who picked what side and etc.

If you think this is the most toxic lotc war has gotten, you were definitely not in the thick of the duke's war.

Regardless, it shouldn't be toxic but realistically it's always going to be toxic when a playerbase is torn in two.

2 hours ago, amyselia said:

I was actually bragging just a few hours about how this conflict hasn't had much ooc toxicity? I'm not sure if you're speaking about the CRP as I wasn't there but I actually haven't caught a single instance of real vitriol. Lion has been stressing acceptance in the Oren discord as to not have any of that, and if there is any then it's snuffed by a lot of people who care about their community beyond this civil war (most). Individual reports of toxicity are sadly not able to be controlled, and as for the peterphile thing that's just something said by the immature bunch, it's not widespread.

I don't mean to psychoanalyze but being those on the Imperialist side and having been displaced from Providence city and original Oren discords, it can be very easy to get overwhelmed. You have to try to focus on seeing this as a consequence of the roleplay rather than OOC.

The pedophile memes have been going on since December, and no one's really clamped down on it. People who supported or tried to sympathize with Erik (KP's heir) was also called a pedophile, or people against Nectorist IRPly.

It really doesn't surprise me that it's started up again. 

I have been on Lotc for 7 years now and this is probably one of the most OOC-Conflict saturation -  due to IRP occurences - I have seen in a while. I rarely EVER get involved with highly-stressed situations like this unless it makes sense for my CHARACTER.  Yet, with this war, I've had people OOCly ask me where I side, not my characters, where I  personally, as a player, side. I always tell them that I don't side anywhere because this is up to roleplay, it's up to the personas we create, and the game we play. OOC conflict due to Rp conflict has been an issue on Lotc for a long time, but we can't control every single person within such a large community, unfortunately. All we can do is hope that people gain maturity and an understanding what the difference between real life and roleplay is as time pushes forward.  

I have no ill-intent with my words, just sharing my piece.  I adore being a member of this community and I don't want to see it fall apart due to a roleplay circumstance.  <3

I have awoken since the last time i posted on here, I would like to continue talking here though, anyways, this civil war has nothing on the Halen’our Civil war in terms of OOC toxicity, i mean look at them, they had to get admins to intervene and oocly stop an irp civil war because of the absolute scale of shit being thrown at both sides, whereas, minus day 1 lf the war, the admins have stayed mostly out of the war and just lettting irp actions be irp actions.