Oren's OOC Hate War

Cjmate

Just personally stay in contact with and piss abt oocly with friends in irp opposition. If they want to cut ties oocly bc of irp war they were a shite friend to begin with.

If some ******* is threatening you oocly tell a mod in private. Shouldn't have vague generalised claims about mysterious members of the irp opposition flying about because that creates more ooc divisions and issues. I've made and maintained friendly relations w people on different sides if mineman war plenty, e.g. pkdon when I was with Oren against him in the AIS war, or keeping up w some folks in the Oren side during the Tripartite War. Really isn't that deep, and if they won't keep friendly they, as I said, were a shite friend to begin with.

9 hours ago, MailC3p said:

i've seen jack shit in  terms of ooc, the most heated i've seen it get was  in the  wiki discord earlier today when i said "L, one man house" To Grnappa, obviously day 1 of the war was the most heated, i had 20 people in my DMs  asking me what the  ****  was  happening and people  from both  sides  asking me to join them, and with the sacking of vuillermoz  i know  some people got upset at that becuase  Vuillermoz had yet to pick a side in the war, but besides that i've seen practically nothing in terms  of  ooc,  most of my friends are  still my friends, though some people  have left  my discord server because  i support Lion  and  they  support Jay. as  well as  what Shmeep said in his  response, i was also pretty dissapointed when  i saw people from my own side calling jay supporters  'peterphiles' it just seems really tasteless, especially considering the 2nd to last Emperor we  had.

also, to people like @Shmeepicusand Ave, and just anyone who was my friend OOCly before this war but are now on the other side, i'd just like to  say that i do not care for your IRP position, because i find it really silly to suddenly hate your OOC friends  because  they  IRPly like another guy who you do not like  is just next  level dumbassery, but at the same time if you are someone who  suddenly OOCly hate someone you where  friends  with because they IRPly support another guy, perhaps you should just leave lotc and go touch some  grass, maybe learn how  to allow friends  to have opinions that aren't the  same  as yours.

I haven’t hated or made any comments to people on the other side oocly?

10 hours ago, EX. DERFEY said:

This is by far not the most toxic war on Lord of the Craft, sorry.

Why do I know that? Because in one I was involved with I got DDOS'd and flat out doxxed, and had somebody threatening to drive out to my house.

My IP address was compromised by Staff members ages ago as well, about four-years ago in the midst of some highly volatile drama of that time period.

Now, I'm not saying your feelings are invalid. I take the server with so little seriousness now because honestly I see other human beings behind the screen and unless I'd say something to somebody in-person (IRL), I opt not to say it online. I trust this is a taxing experience for you. While we cannot expect people to come together and agree about everything, the bare minimum we can all do is shake hands, have some good role-play and a good warclaim. 

Let us all enjoy this historical part of the game we all know and love and dissuade the sh*t disturbers from both sides from spreading needless hate & drama; because LoTC truly isn't the cesspit it used to be. 

PBUH.

Thanks for coming to Ask Derfey. 

There were many people in many Oren affiliated wars that were the targets of DDoS and doxxing. I agree that what ever is happening will never be anywhere near as bad as it was years ago. 

Sedan war was 100% worse.

really haven't seen any ooc hatred or toxicity, this war is kinda tame

Just be glad you haven't seen logs about ooc plotting and  discord rp negotiations, and offensive memes about your own persona....yet. If it reaches that point, then it'll be toxic.

toxic? you mean the discord civil war arockstar28 forced oren to fight is toxic? I could have never guessed

but guys, we DESTROYED kyle dpmagician by allowing a dozen petty dpmagicians to run around the community sending each other death threats out of character. well done jannies couldn't have hoped for a better response to this horrible incident

the lotc sickness reaches everyone, not even touching grass can cure some people.  just about every war turns toxic, no matter how much you may try to keep everything in rp - someone will always take it into ooc

Aislin, the Duke of Duck, has a quote. Bear in mind, I do not think many people remember who Aislin is, but he was a big time player from 2012-2014. This isn't verbatim, but: 

"Next time you want to go make a big post about how to fix the server. Just log on and role-play, you will be doing so much more good for you and the server."

You're having issues with toxicity? Block them. Play with people you like. You're able to exercise phenomenal levels of control to put yourself into a better gameplay method by just going and role-playing elsewhere. I've done that and it's hard sometimes, but the truth is it's healthier to just let go and keep on role-playing. Even if people get mad at you, shout at you, freak out about your choices. Simply sever that tie and move on to enjoy yourself. 

31 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

the lotc sickness reaches everyone, not even touching grass can cure some people.  just about every war turns toxic, no matter how much you may try to keep everything in rp - someone will always take it into ooc

you people talk a lot about touching grass but do any of you actually do it? or is it just a cope, like "I'm not like you losers haha I'm not invested in the dumb block game"

it offends me a bit because roleplaying can be a perfectly healthy pursuit and other roleplaying communities I'm in simply do not have this problem. yet people on Lord of the Craft treat the server like surrogate high school where they can make up for the fact that they didn't play sports or go to prom. just an incredible number of vicious teenagers who need to be forcibly logged off

11 hours ago, The60th said:

As my dear friend @itdontmatta would say "Cope and Seethe"

But in a real note, look to all the posts above and below. People aren't being doxxed, people aren't being ddos'ed or swatted, just because someone is saying mean words in discord doesn't make a war toxic.

tbh you're on a rp server, everyone is soft and claims that most stuff is toxic. I agree with you referring that only doxxing, ddosing and swatting or any way of using personal information to harm / make fun of someone is toxicity.

1 hour ago, Cloakedsphere said:

There were many people in many Oren affiliated wars that were the targets of DDoS and doxxing. I agree that what ever is happening will never be anywhere near as bad as it was years ago. 

I mean like this the same server who like 4 years ago had google docs with this kinda stuff in it. 

9c4229b98072ad9ca0b8494d8bda46c6.jpg

Toxicity and players acting in bad faith  has happened - however. I am skeptical with it happening now as.. i've seen little to no evidence of it presently speaking. But then again we cannot assume its /not/ happening as we don't know whats going on behind scenes.  Remember the past and learn from it shall we. We don't have to create enemies over mineman.

Don't get me wrong - ive not seen much presently in terms of oren v oren toxicity since this is a freshly spawned in conflict. However, there were multiple instances of people supposedly making alts to dm and harass people during Oren v Urguan (I am unsure if it was staged or not so im not putting blame to either sides) 

Conflict, arguements will always exist with war - idk what kinda mental instability or insecurity you got goin on in ur brain to end friendships over minecraft but like you do you. Simply co exist..? play other games out of mc or like... dont throw away months or years of friendship unless the reasons are justified - cause trust me you'll feel shit abt it later.

Most of us are over 18 now, we need to start acting like it. We don't need to carry out petty middleschool antics by talking behind each others back. 

Lets all be sunshine and rainbows !!! omgg !!! guys remember ice age? remember the song !! 

omg we r mineman families O_O_OOO_O

LotC has been suffering crab mentality surrounding Discord for a very long time. We continuously thought that it couldn't get worse after everyone shuttled into their Teamspeaks circa 2013, but that has been proven against again and again since then. Discord has got to go.

4 hours ago, EmiliainWonderland said:

Or... picture this maybe. You could respect her opinion instead of being a complete jackass to a person who JUST said they were tired of toxicity and instead refrain from commenting. Uncalled for.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

And I don't want to hear anything about that from you after you leaked the anti-creep discord to the guy who was actively abusing/harrassing/stalking my friend.