The First & Last Act

GawrNexus

Amura sits at her desk, taking out a quill and paper. The Chancellor of Magic, begins her first..and hopefully, last order.

She begins to write

By Order of The Chancellor of Magic, Lady Amura Amberace

14th of Sun Smile, Year 72 of the Second Age

I, Lady Amura Amberace, Appointed Chancellor of Magic of Elysium hereby summon the creation of a council of mages to take place of the government department of magic. While the legacy and history of the chancellor's of magics is noted and honored, it has been tradition that one person over see all magic for the entire kingdom; tradition however cannot be used to prevent progress. It is my vision and goal to create an era for mages to be free in their craft with a common understanding among all branches, be it druid, shamans, voidal etc. To have one person over see every branch of magic, to try to control chaos that is inherit in the craft is noble yet foolish. To entrust myself with this matter at my age and experience, is even more foolish and wreck-less and is not the spirit I wish upon the kingdom.

The Council Of Mages shall be appointed by the Crown at their discretion. It is my wish that the Council is not appointed by any one person, but a collective agree upon it. I shall have no say in the choosing.

I relinquish the office of Chancellor of Magic, for I feel a collective is more powerful than any one person can be. If we must have peace, it must also be from within.  As far as I am concern, there is no Chancellor of Magic to proceed me, this is a new start. A council of mages of all types, united for the better. The concept that a voidal mage making laws for druids or any other types of mages is counter-productive.

With this being my first, and last act as Chancellor, it shall also be noted I choose to keep my seat on the Patrician Council, serving as head of House Amberace and honoring the kingdom as they see fit.

signature(1).png

Under the oak door deep in her old residence, the missive was slipped with many others. Sunlit eyes darted to paper from the location back to the wall facing everything before her. Each word was composed delicately and carefully; An unfounded pride bubbles for the girl she watched grow up. “A marvelous choice she has made.... I’ll be another minute. Just one more..before I confront the people and find nominees for the council.” 

A magi Ashwood would click his tongue in thought as he heard of a new council of mages. Sulieronn folded his arms over his chest as he spoke rather simply to himself. "There are no magi in Elysium more powerful than myself."

1 hour ago, MeteorDragon said:

A magi Ashwood would click his tongue in thought as he heard of a new council of mages. Sulieronn folded his arms over his chest as he spoke rather simply to himself. "There are no magi in Elysium more powerful than myself."

A Withered Old Mage presses a figurative x to doubt