[✗] [Further Alchemy Feat] The Afflicted

Gustando

While I love that you've leant into how monstrous afflicted are in their nature with this write, I do have my qualms with certain aspects of the write. This write is far less vague than prior ones, which is a great thing, and I love that you've incorporated guides of sorts to ensure people do not overstep or misuse their transformations. My main issue after reading this through, is the Afflicted's compatibility with deific magics. Prior to this write, the mental changes done to an Afflicted's mind made them in a way almost reject the possibility of higher beings, such as the Aspects or Xan, unless it could be shown to them directly. To now have the magic be compatible with these, while it shows the adaptivity of the symbiote in it's modern era, is rather strange. Adding to this, if an Afflicted can obtain these deific magics, why is it that they cannot obtain varg sigiling? It, in a way, is it's own deific boon based on how it enforces the will to accept Deities in the mind of the Afflicted.

All in all, I love to see this magic getting some attention, and I hope your write is given a fair chance among the others.

3 minutes ago, chained man said:

mreowww sa'vi

mmmmmeeeeooowwwww @Milenkhov

7 minutes ago, GlassySkies said:

While I love that you've leant into how monstrous afflicted are in their nature with this write, I do have my qualms with certain aspects of the write. This write is far less vague than prior ones, which is a great thing, and I love that you've incorporated guides of sorts to ensure people do not overstep or misuse their transformations. My main issue after reading this through, is the Afflicted's compatibility with deific magics. Prior to this write, the mental changes done to an Afflicted's mind made them in a way almost reject the possibility of higher beings, such as the Aspects or Xan, unless it could be shown to them directly. To now have the magic be compatible with these, while it shows the adaptivity of the symbiote in it's modern era, is rather strange. Adding to this, if an Afflicted can obtain these deific magics, why is it that they cannot obtain varg sigiling? It, in a way, is it's own deific boon based on how it enforces the will to accept Deities in the mind of the Afflicted.

All in all, I love to see this magic getting some attention, and I hope your write is given a fair chance among the others.

cause Vargs are unkillable wolf-men who are EVIL!

9 minutes ago, GlassySkies said:

I don't think there was something concrete stating that the symbiote made it so that they'd reject the possibility of higher beings. It moreso depended on how the player wanted to RP the mental-effects of the symbiote that the symbiote would bestow. That wasn't the case, however, for voidal magic.

unknown.png

OMGOMGOMG CAN I BE GRDANFATHERED?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

Just now, Heathman said:

OMGOMGOMG CAN I BE GRDANFATHERED?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

OMGOMKGMGOMOGOOGGOMGG CAN I ALSO!?!

11 minutes ago, GlassySkies said:

phone posting atm

last iteration of afflicted allowed deific connections already, the main changes to this write (in regards to compatibility) are druids are compatible with afflicted now and blood magic is not compatible

wissy. 💪

NO ******* WAY OH MY GOD OH MY GOD DE WEES TAPEWORM MAGIC OH MY GOD DE WEES 

DE WEES, HOLY ****, OMGOMGOMGOMG

52 minutes ago, Gustando said:

All CAs

Does this mean that klones cannot have the symbiote even while functioning the exact same as another descendant body would? Previously if a klone was made while having the symbiote, it would carry over. If you made one without, you could be without it for a time.

Edit: Furthermore I'm curious as to why the symbiote and blood magic are incompatible 

Just now, BobBox said:

Does this mean that klones cannot have the symbiote even while functioning the exact same as another descendant body would? Previously if made a klone while having the symbiote, it would carry over. If you made one without, you could be without it for a time.

WHAT ABOUT THE HOMUNCULI?! THINK OF THE HOMUNCULI!

4 minutes ago, BobBox said:

Does this mean that klones cannot have the symbiote even while functioning the exact same as another descendant body would? Previously if made a klone while having the symbiote, it would carry over. If you made one without, you could be without it for a time.

The clone is able to have a symbiote. Although you need to re-infect it via one of the 2 options that are proposed in the lore

Additionally the symbiote will be at tier 1, meaning you'll have to wait 4 weeks in total to reach tier 3 once again.

4 minutes ago, Gustando said:

The clone is able to have a symbiote. Although you need to re-infect it via one of the 2 options that are proposed in the lore

Additionally the symbiote will be at tier 1, meaning you'll have to wait 4 weeks in total to reach tier 3 once again.

Klone counts as a CA so it would need to be changed on the list or have a special note, ik it states it in other places of the lore but could still be confusing

1 hour ago, Gustando said:

The following cannot be inflicted with the Symbiote:

All CAs

Necromancy

Blood Magic

Mysticism

Naztherak

Voidal Mages

Heralds – The Feat, and the Magic

Arcane Scions

THINK OF THE HOMUNCULI

https://gyazo.com/859390f792b3ba9b055281812bbebc3d