[PK] Eagle's End

Olox_

zs6PlT8fOVJpPfjGjUiEiRXIwCNqQGbzqEzrbnBhgHBi_wK21VwEQWcIIPyGQxfvjEtx0Win3S_lYqHJ7WZLJiAsaBgyoEnpZKbQvaK9NnbIIDLWAzzV6sbau7yGe65JVypEGImr4s7ZlKwmLA

jaJ4NPx578-JXyo4ZqUbZgAvMpprL1oPm3-MzPT5eVLfc2mU3thcpkKuuLs2j-pmHXARNluBhqrLQ8FsL3qnZ6Vl2bdlzHMhZo632fxIXeURdvXCIMQlJDPXeC0iC5cHOgQGPdWRlcbjMvwLessdXtc

Spoiler

A storm came over Lvinsk. The rain was pouring constantly, the lightnings were striking in the distance. However, in the Jazloviec Keep there was one light burning in the window. In the largest bedroom on the bed lay Borys, the Margrave of these lands. His breathing was heavy, in his hand lying inertly on the bedclothes, he held a handkerchief in which he had coughed for two years. Next to the big bed, a boy, the second eldest son, Maciej, was sitting at a desk. He had a pen in his hand, and sheets of paper lay before him, as if he were ready to write. Then the old soldier spoke to him in these words “Write, my son, the time has come...” after which he coughed and Maciej started taking notes of his words. 

Letter to Sophia Jazloviecki-Barclay:

Spoiler

(KilledByGrace)

Dear wife, I know I have not been the best husband. I was often away from home and didn't pay enough attention to my children and you. You have always held your head high and pretended that nothing is happening. For that I want to apologise once more, even though I have done it many times. Even now that my end is near, I still cannot believe you became my wife over thirty years ago. I do not know what is your regard of me, but I hope to see you in a land where the living are not allowed, reunited as husband and wife. I love you, I will see you soon...

Letter to August Jazloviecki:

Spoiler

@Mykei

Augie, many years we have lived together, so many adventures behind us, so many battles fought together and problems overcome. Our history together goes back to Providence where we lived as little boys. At that time I didn't even think to visit the southern realms that became our home for many decades. We've had arguments, we've had good moments, but no one can replace you as my best man, my brother, my friend. It's a shame that it ends like this. Take my word for it that if I had the strength this letter would have been given to you personally. Thank you for everything, Siła w Bogu, a my z Bogiem… 

Letter to Tylos II:

Spoiler

@Ramon

Tylos, once Fiodor - I write this letter as a gesture of recognition of all your deeds during your priestly ministry and then your pontificate. I wasn't always the cousin I wanted to be, but I tried my best. There were many sins in my life for which I did not have time to repent. However, I am hoping that the merciful GOD will forgive me. I fought in the name of what I considered worthy and right. I killed in the name of the greater good and the happiness of loved ones. I often had thoughts of "Is it worth it?", but then I somehow reassured myself that it was. If GOD permits, we shall see each other in the Seven Skies, without war, without betrayal and without bloodshed…

Letter to Jindrich Jazloviecki:

Spoiler

@PecenyRohlik

Forgive my dear cousin that this letter will be shorter. Long ago, when I received the news of your arrival in Almaris, I was not convinced about it. In spite of your stupid nature, in spite of my nerves and the hair I pulled out of my head, I want you to know that I am proud of you. You were one of the first to don the golden armour, adorned with the sun, and raise your sword at the aggressor who threatened Savoy. I believe that for this, among other things, GOD will save you when the time comes…

Letter to Sebastian Velho:

Spoiler

@Traveller

Sebastian, my faithful friend. You have been at my side from the very beginning in Savoy, for as long as I can remember you have lifted the sword on my behalf, first in Freimark, then in Savoy and now when my time comes, in Lvinsk. To find another like you, I can only in the Seven Skies, for there is rarely among men, a bond like ours. If I do not live to meet you after you receive this letter, please accept this honour and assume my burden of being Lord Commander. You are the only person I trust enough to do this. Watch the sky at night, because I will also watch you from where Ulrich, Jurgen, Bruce, and Genkai were watching us. Don't forget me friend. Farewell…

Letter to Prince Lucien Ashford di Savoie:

Spoiler

@Milenkhov

Your Serene Highness, I am slowly fading away, knowing that I have done my duty to you. I promised your father to defend you, just as Jurgen defended your mother. Despite the large age difference, you have shown me what bravery and loyalty to the cause means. We fought side by side, together we guarded a city that I have to see every morning in ruins. In Lvinsk, you saved my life by single-handedly defeating eight mercenaries. For that, I am eternally grateful. Maybe on the other side, I will be able to repay you for that…

Letter to Princess Renata and Duke Remus:

Spoiler

@MikoMonster @The King Of The Moon

Forgive me for I do not know how to address this letter. I would, however, like to convey my approval of your shared governance. I hope that after my death this nation will be greater than ever and that when my kids will ask, you will be able to tell them who I was, and what did I do for this nation. I have often disagreed with your decisions, despite saying quite the opposite. I firmly believe that I am dying to see the Savoy of Olivier Renault's dreams from the Seven Skies…

Letter to Ernst Barclay:

Spoiler

@GoodGuyMatt

Ernst, my friend. I don't know where you are now, but I hope you are in good health and giving yourself fully to the GOD you love so much. We have seen a lot together, even more could have been ahead of us, but fate wanted otherwise. I know I have not been the best of friends, for that, I apologise. You have given me an opportunity that no one gave to any of my ancestors. Thanks to you in the main, I am who I now am. For that, I will be grateful to the end of the world. May Karl and his sons carry the blue and green flags in the south, because our common dream must not be lost. I can't wait to see you again. Be in good health, wherever you are…

Letter to Adalrich Barclay:

Spoiler

@ratlordmagic

Here, as in the letter to Jindrich, I do not know what to write. I am grateful to you for the trust, friendship, and support you have shown me since the Civil War, in which, as a young boy, you picked up arms in the name of defending your homeland. Take care of my sons with Sebastian for as long as possible, and may your children, inherit all the good traits from you. I die in peace knowing that I had a friend like you…

Having finished, Borys looked straight ahead. Apart from him, there were other figures in the room, though not as articulate as his son. Ulrich rested his hand on the edge of the bed, beside him stood Jurgen in the black and white armour he had on the day of the infamous coup. Leaning against the wall stood Bruce and right next to him Genkai. Then Jurgen spoke to him in these words "Come on now, how much longer do we have to wait?" and then he smiled. A tear trickled down the cheek of old Borys, who replied "Just a moment longer friends". Then Maciej asked "Tato, who are you talking to?" clearly not seeing the ghosts. Borys did not answer the question, but requested something from his son "Blow out the candle and go. Sleep well son" The Margrave kissed the forehead of the young descendant, after which Maciej extinguished the candle and left the room. That is how, after many years of struggle, Borys Jazloviecki, Margrave, Lord Commander, father, friend, enemy, passed away on the same night. He died peacefully, in his own bed, from which he set out on his last journey…

J27bimJ2_gH2N_GOb_2cCQCJpg28loNDNDe4krYNP-O2NnYfrJQQ2Sa9mRHmRxeTYhxgmqxQemn6pBlNJBVypHbi0O56DecivrVSWuik7p2-Ujai4Sm3UHvL23OEeuDDLslzf9jZQMvYjERsNA

Borys Jazloviecki, Margrave of Lvinsk, Lord Commander of Savoy, Argent Knight, Patriarch of House Jazloviecki

Spoiler

I apologise to everyone that some of the letters were not long, but I think the shared experience makes up for what I did not include in the letters. I played Borys from June 2021 to April 2022, starting in Oren and ending in Savoy. I am grateful for the trust, friendship and many wonderful hours of playing. May the RP as Borys' second son be as great! Cheers!

Ser Reinhardt Barclay would hear of his old friend’s passing and would pray for the soul of the Margrave, a brave soldier, an honorable knight and a kind man.

In the chapel of Merryweather, Roy Mor lit a candle for his friend, the late Marshal, now reunited with his comrades of old; one of whom had been the lord of the castle he resided in. He pondered upon the ephemeral nature of human life.

The old knight would read the letter slowly somewhere in Triglav, his hand shaky, tears flowing from his eyes, he puffed his cigar before signing the cross and looking outside to look at the lake 

"I will miss you, Borysia- You were something else to me, I will never forget you and you shall always be in my heart- Siła w Bogu, i my z Bogiem"

Princess Renata signed the Lorraine over her heart, an intense sorrow shrouding her features as she sat within her residence in Drusco. Bloodied rains pounded down upon the rooves, pooling in the streets outside as she held her ward close to her flank. An unsettled glance flicked to her husband.

"What a cursed, cursed day. I surely hope Lord Borys made it to the Seven Skies uninhibited. He deserves nothing less for all his loyalty and hard work."

Vivienne Anastasie emitted a prayer from her visage so he may have a safe journey towards the heathens. She lit many candles for her old protector, mind wandering to the golden ages of her childhood.

~

Adeline Lorena Helvets-Rochefort scoffed from the deep and darkened depths of the Void as she witnessed Borys ascend to the heathens. "How does he end up there and not me?!"

Although the circumstances of their introduction was of little note, Elijah Keen had always respected Borys, having placed a visceral trust within him as his successor that all would be right in Savoy so long as Borys held onto the sails of safety. He was certain, upon his departure, that the man would protect Lucien, Olivier the Young’s offspring, and he was just as certain he would stay loyal to those causes. Among the many griefs recent events had tossed upon the Lord, this was one most significant, and having finally fleeted his mind, a tumultuous wave of reflection returned to hit him once again.

"A Savoyard dying peacefully? That's gotta be a first," Jurgen grinned, greeting the Lord Marshal in the Skies, "Curse broken?"

Prince Lucien found himself within the quarters afforded previously in the Nikirala-Prikaz. Thrice was his door knocked, as a courier garbed in the tapestry of Lvinsk arrived bearing the dire news; a missive - message and resolution, the conclusive, yet befitting end of the Margrave, the Lord Commander, a man of honour and loyalty unmatched. It was no doubt why the once prince-boy evolved into a man of such similar traits, oftenmost taking time to admire and bask upon the teachings and kindness he lacked in his youth. Borys Jazloviecki played an important role in many-a situation, in many tremoring ground, unconquerable odd and moment of dispair. A true bastion of virtue, a man worthy and familiar, akin to those from the Age of Heroes, heralded by the passing of time, bygone now by the subterfuge and macabre machinations once enacted upon humanity, 'pon the south. It was him. Borys and those around him who stood stalwart, gallant and with their heads high, prepared to face it all, again and again. Many memories remained beleaguing Lucien's mind, some auspicious, beautiful, some recent, some old. Was it yesterday, the day in which the young prince, heir-to-the-crown advanced to his halls, therein his erected castle, in which they shared word, pleasantries and high regard? Was it the previous day, that they stood against the rebellious entourage of usurpers, pretenders who saught to hide and point their arrows and bolts from the Daelish Isles? Had it been just weeks, when their bastion; San Luciano crumbled, and so did the will and dreams of Lucien culminated? Perhaps it was. Yet not only fate nurtured him out of such deprived and desolated state of mind. There were important men, there were unyielding figures who stood by his side, lifting what small lips of the prince could turn into simper. The wandering-knight; Gereon's Flame, Prince Emeritus simply sighed, bidding farewell to Princess Stefaniya momentarily, striding to their bedchamber, and as the door was locked, only then - tears - they streamed, enrapturing the features of Lucien to those of sorrow, sadness, pain ever aching upon his chest. As if a father-figure had perished, as if something deeper had been stripped from Lucien's torax, like a torn limb, ravaged body. The Prince sulked, solemnly staring at the ceiling for hours, and the hours turned day. The stream of tears did not come to an end, and soon he slept, weeping for the loss that not only the south had met, but that of humanity.

"Why. . ?"

Adalrich Barclay sat in his house in Krakovia feeling numb. Borys, the man who had been almost a second father to him, who until a year ago had seemed as vital and hearty as he had during the heady days of the Civil War, dead. It felt... unreal. If he had to pick a word for it, that would be it. Like a cruel joke played on not just him, but on all Savoy, if not Almaris. If he was sure of one thing it was that a man like him would not be seen again for many years, if at all. He re-read the letter left to him for probably the twentieth time. "Rest well, Uncle-" He said, finally setting the tear-stained piece of parchment down. "Und worry not, your children are in gut hands." He rose from where he was seated and made his way towards the castle. After all, there was work to be done.

With Lucien did Stefaniya remain, as the news from the courier came in a flurry - news that already was spoken upon the countenance of the man who delivered such grim news. She peaked over the shoulder of her spouse, and Stefaniya could tell, could feel that there was something being held back from Lucien. The rather stoic face of her beloved, she knew what simply a mask of the ravaging emotions that swirl in his mind. How she wished she could be of comfort, yet she knew that in her heart, she was in shambles too. The loss of a dear friend, a protector, an idol. Dread washed over her as she bid farewell to her Lucien, knowing well that she was presumed dead by him as well. He has lost many, and she felt guilty for having been one of them. 

As the door closed, she heard the choked cries of the Prince Emeritus, and she too held reserved tears in the wells of her eyes. Then did she walk to Vidaus, where she took a branch off of her olive tree, and prayed. 

“This my friend, is my offer of peace to you. Peace in your journey to the Seven Skies.”

Tears soaked the purpled olives, and she kept the branch so that she could visit his grave and pay her proper respects. She then made her way back to Lucien, knowing she had to comfort him for all that he had lost. 

Sebastian Velho would receive the letter as he shifted through paperwork in his office, as he read further, his hands would begin to tremble, beginning to understand and realise the situation. He had noticed Borys slowly becoming physically weak, but did not expect him to deteriorate like this. The long-time friend of the Margrave would feel his throat tighten, without a second thought lines of damp would appear on his cheeks. His lower jaw would quiver, as he struggled to find words to explain the flurry of emotions that overwhelmed him. The second friend within the span of a year. He would grip the letter in his right fist tightly, before placing his head in his hands and releasing his built up emotions, audible to anyone within the town hall at the time.

Edwin furrowed his brows. "Damnit. Damn it all."