A Druid's Decision

DrunkCapybaraa

eo-z--GcSz7CxK61g4kQyyWpqfvpTgeQjCj8vtv4nSrOaVWAx_fHMIHfLTPypt3rEDOHRu3sQ3E8BjRUDDTOT1T21T649gfUVt0aj0kXHl70Ge23WCDv1rgPc1Vml5QZRfK-yRLt

A Druid’s Decision

10th of Snow’s Maiden, Year 73 of the Second Age

It is with a heavy hand that I, Ehrendil Taliame’onn, write this letter. 

I began my journey in Elysium as a simple bartender, wishing to acquire the bar I now own so I might bring the culture of my people to the Elysian citizens. Coincidentally, I also wished to make Elysium amend relations with the Vale - something that I made great progress on before things went to absolute insanity. I am not writing this to plead my case, or even delve into such a matter. Time progressed, and the death of Aylin De Astrea saw me become Minister of Foreign Affairs for Elysium. A title I never aspired for, wanted or needed. I held it because my people needed me, Elysium needed someone capable of defending it and I answered the call with much sacrifice to my own personal wishes and endeavors. I have done my best to maintain peace and balance in Elysium, even sacrificing my own body to keep it, but alas, when Orcs want war they shall receive it.

I've resided in the position for a little over an Elven month, and upon reflection of my wishes and duties it was decided that I be released from my duties as the Minister of Foreign Affairs, effective immediately. I will assist in finding a suitable replacement and fill in where necessary, should the Crown see it fit, but I will no longer partake as an official representative of the Kingdom of Elysium.

I hope in time that I can find a position that will help me maintain my oaths to the Balance and assist Elysium and her citizens, but until that day I shall remain as a steadfast protector. A shield in my own right.

Ehrendil Taliame’onn

2BVpfeoykQHBn0ua-DN8rAcYSHnMWKgzc2BtZkKO9AddNLBprkeSSG7pHHkpEWwYT_9p1AWLUjM2MjtuHYr0NwQQYGubg0f97mZFJ6QtyaKkosZgGgNZWgFuSWk0U8oRMNfFIORM

Edited by DrunkFailure

Amethyst smiles softly as she reads, the words slowly flowing. Laying the paper on the table infront of her, letting out a soft sigh. "You are free dear brother, I thank you for your help" She rubs her forehead, slowly standing as she does so before walking away from the table. The missive laying across it.

"You do this not because you realized that this was the right thing to do, but rather due to others -- who stated -- what you did was wrong." A man, garbed in a dark cloak, muttered.

Suika would look over the missive, a sad smile forming on her face. "... You deserve the break, Uncle Ren."

Edited by verriberri

Alona reads the line it was decided that I be release  over and over again, pondering who would let go Ehrendil. Yet a smiled form her face "In the end he would of still kept going, good thing someone put a break on him." The elfess giggles a bit folding the paper as she sat.

21 minutes ago, DrunkFailure said:

I've resided in the position for a little over an Elven month, and upon reflection of my wishes and duties it was decided that I be released from my duties as the Minister of Foreign Affairs, effective immediately.

Down in an underground retreat, a woman sighs, grass green eyes looking up at the white walls of the room. "It's rather unfortunate he was released from duty, though I suppose he could not be expected to act with kindness to delegations that feel no remorse threatening his kin. In just a few years, so much has happened, and that can harden a person and make them unfit for the duties they are sworn to." She was very familiar with firing, having seen several people fired from the Rangers and the Army prior to her retirement. Swears and bindings of the word are so rarely final, as not many can't stand the tests of time. "I should bring him a good bottle of wine, both as a condolence and a way to relax after such a hellish job."

Edited by Beelzemier

Fal'leon reads the missive with a saddened fondness, news not unbeknown to him upon the time of reading. "Freedom, Brother Monarch. I shall be by your side, even still."

Leika looked at the missive, her eyes darting over the words, before turning to an extraordinary paper with all too familiar names. Her scribe to sign off the paper for her. Summoning a courtier over, "Set this on my father's desk, for it is a pleasing read and  an idea we can implement to drive everyone's lives more manageable. As well as tell the administration their assignments are due in the next few years. "   Turning to her husband a smile gleaming on her as she watched him fully relax, it had been years since she had seen such. "what shall you do with all your free time now?  surely not go fishing all hours of the day?" 

An ld yspian hummed.....she seemed distraught and utterly stressed....her diplomacy career seemed to look dark further ahead.....how many more missions, how many more enemies will she have to meet with