A Different Tune - TimberWolf's Dance

Spoiler

831da38ad8e054f21555191421ac5c00.jpg

The woodland around the Vale seemed so much more alive since the Spring Equinox. Birds danced and fluttered along the winding, gentle breeze of the season, and so did the cowboy's golden song upon that same breeze. The flowers along the Archdruid's path back home bloomed with vibrancy, a reflection of a recurring theme in his mind: Hope. 

His strides were easy and unbridled by the weight of his worldly conundrums. He had found the right path to take in his life, and sung easily of melancholic delight. Where the fork in the road seemed uncertain, he found that the wisdom of the people who loved him so truly and honestly made the flowers bloom like a blanket of white snow upon this path he had chosen. It was no coincidence, he thought, as he recited a poem of his druidic path in his mind.

From a Hound shall arise a Timber Wolf from Orison, a solemn prayer

WolfsBane will temper the Wolf's anguish

And his howl will confide to the Snow his deepest wish

2d4929f2-ccb2-4601-907b-e22f16f19ede_1.a

When he finally arrived at the foot of his beloved Dogwood tree, Lady Snow, she was in full bloom. The elf-lord's eyes looked up in wonder at the ever-entrancing beauty of the world he suffered willingly for, and smiled. It did not have to be so, for those he was unable to understand before have graced him with a font of wisdom thought to be unreachable, he thought. He saw the way that Liri looked towards him that evening with another great sense of Hope, the very same he has seen in Awaiti, in Emilei, in Nenar, and most of all - his dear wife.

"I've gone an expended myself a little too fervently again, my dear Snow." the druid greets his tree with this admission. The elf had seated himself so that his back leant against the trunk of the tree. With his energy still sapped from his first attempt at infusion, he relishes in the quiet, faint communion of his companion tree even if he could not truly communicate in his usual way. Yet, that was alright, in his mind. He places a tome of the Way of the Sage next to him as he rested against the tree, as if Lady Snow would even understand this. He knew it was impossible, but took solace in her gentle silence regardless. She was a good friend to have.

"I saw you in this book, today." he elaborates to nobody but the nature around him. Opening the tome, he thumbs to a page that details the Ilmyumier of the Sage Way, the tattoo of white woodland flowers upon a twisting branch. It was not of Dogwood, but the similarity was striking.

"You have a sister, too." he continues. "There is a druid that bears your name as her totem, my dear Lady... She says that the Aspects have guided me onto this path; to understanding and acceptance."

Of course, there was no answer. Yet, the golden-headed elf smiles still and welcomes the empty response of the spring breeze upon his skin. "When I return, I will make the same promise to you as I did Sister Snow. To revere the Beauty of Life, to Accept the Reality of Death, to maintain the Flow of Balance, to Guide my Passion into Fury, and to embody the Soothing of Harmony." he recites carefully, the information still fresh on his mind.

"I think I'm already pretty good at the last one." the musician jests, remaining at the comforting side of his tree and picking away at his banjo for the remainder of the day.