On the Virtue of Temples

amyselia

GX160gmg2joOebgrR_8uy9gg6_XONl0Uya0Zmz3h3L7HeOprOG0E79dj6oCR7i3mk1q2aZqvpscptAtO_yBhvoH0dwRQJn29Y2qMs9inkwdzVdFWWe3tzD01HfhFRaodlJaH0JCQ

d-nqr0_soj7P5pQp6SeDb750BQh8jtUTm4JtDaXUsaGjih7G3WEWL7usTBqrRwICrdcsFtISpB8cKUMR0G_pVwkhUs2_SYJDWfYtA3-2CFx-XpOSp5IMF0JIHGWsfTZI1AFHQfnI

iJUrmm3UbKhT0tjz5NnKh8EnMi3_ag3dw-K40His3OfOyBFD6atxhC1w5RMXBetWEqyTVA8uyMgTsZ4c6Io8kEB_9o7HHsi3pRTrMcQEaoga71ARCsdqXmsIdy9NUXApE0obSfVh

FEAR NOT THE EVIL THAT MARTYRS OUR TEMPLES

The encore of an undaunted basilica crumbling at the hands of heretics; history pierces the mind of God’s doting servants; men and women watch in fright, defenseless against darkness. In maelstrom, the cowed canonist may question the posture of the Exalted's command over the pew. He may stray from his flock to bid his prayer in what he considers a solitary peace, the prayer ‘done right’ within one’s own sacred habitation. He beckons his countrymen to do the same, falling from the grace of God’s holy structures into individual worship, for why must cathedrals guide our devotion? 

To those that herd men away from their sanctuary, I say that what is holy cannot bestow its blessing without the unity of pure men’s hearts in a center of benediction, and to allow evil to splinter the faith when our chapels- the monoliths of God’s amity -are torched by heathens is the acceptance of the faith’s lack of fervor. Thus, we must contend with stronger zeal and exchange blows against that cynical blasphemy. 

Men have always deemed mercurial events to be miracles only to be met with flagrant opposition, but in the felling of a controversial place of worship like the Basilica of the Argentate Star, there is no contest to the fact that such is a dauntless attack on the possibility of the faith's reprisal. A Basilica represents canondom in the unity that the Exalted foresaw, reveling and worshiping together for the betterment of the conglomerate of humanity. In Oren’s Basilica, no longer under anathema, the name of God began to grow new eminence; his devoted priests returned to keep his walls free of indignity, angering the awaiting blasphemy.

When canonist churches are infiltrated by the blasphemy, we wish to recede into our cocoons to avoid the temptation of their sin, but I contend that we must instead violate the light so that it might shine a fire that cleanses. The house of the lord’s servants in Balian may be corrupted by hazards of human nature, such as lapses in recent memory when they might have welcomed the Azdrazi into their temple. It is no fault of men that the evil idols whisper of suborn, but it becomes the fault of men when one cathedral crumbles in a realm by the hand of heresy, only for a neighbor (even if disgruntled) to welcome another heresy with open arms. That cathedral now becomes tainted, desiring the renewed fervor of men who have become ignorant to their chapel’s sanctity. Canondom’s zeal is lost on the souls of the complacent.

To cower from our places of worship when hostility arises is to accept the complacency - the apathy. It is not courage to seek out compromises, it is indolence. When one cathedral falls, we must rebuild; when one cathedral is depraved, we must regroup. We cannot allow our places of worship to go abandoned, just as we cannot abandon the faith.

Signed, Acolyte Anna of Providentia

To my Acolyte Anna, @amyselia

Spoiler

You must allow me a moment of pride, your studies have gone well and your thesis is one of superior quality. Your writings on our churches are needed now more than ever. Therefore I am formally approving your thesis, for I know your caliber as a clergywoman more than our brothers and sisters in the cloth. Come find me in the palace chapel, where we can begin your ordination and your divine mission with the Church may begin properly.

May His mercy shine,

Prelate Adrian Helen de Sarkozy

Cardinal Albarosa

KRXaF2tU5q70QgsWMnMHU9qY_2wP49rLCX-luWVN-f92vQJHG17VjlfFGI8t14Kpaga2ReQW70B2wDnlXUttSyZBOhlTiMwXE7dstnB9rxN6V2fzv4Wl4t78YrVyokFIWMehGrjY

Spoiler

angho.png