A Letter to the Future

zuziee

11th of Wzuvar ag Byvca. 423 E.S.

A Letter to the Future

mxigXsUDzgyr3iRMf8hvi4Csxn7Ws5pHpQLbEpEfviW-IVQ2J-ZhC5vawUkvVPIqxcOUcX4-BaS3wscBilWCXVlRSrAEcjkkuq1SO6LBVUaNK4bhoOWLjDTJl1lkafa2MaAeuyVw

Prinzenas Maya Ceciliya, circa 423 E.S.

Dearest Family and Country;

I find myself with the strangest of queries as I reach the age of majority. It feels as though I am the last to cross the finish line, or the last to be served supper. Being the youngest of the generation, I suppose this is a trivial affair that can be chocked up to my maturity. Yet, something tugs at my soul. 

I grew up in a cold palace enclosed with tutors, books, and anything I could have ever wanted. Nevertheless, cold. That type of life not only sucks at joy but finds ways to turn you cruel. Examples can be seen across history from Princess Royal Nataliya to my own sister, Princess Klara. The women in my lineage were suffocated before they could even burn.

I will not let this happen to me.

I grew up in the midst of war, trapped inside the large brick walls that surround Karosgrad. I occupied myself with history, math, and music. My siblings kept themselves unavailable, already deeming themselves too old to play. My parents burdened by operating a kingdom. So, I threw myself into faith, hoping that God would grant me peace. 

I was so lonely, trapped inside with no one who cared to nurture me unless it was their paid job. I crave for an immeasurably more colorful life. Not only for myself, but for the future of my lineage. I want fields of amber wheat, flora so lofty you cannot see the top, and a house so warm it licks at your fingers when you arrive.

At present, this is impossible. The Nikirala is lifeless and haunted with fragmented dreams. So, as God guides me, I only see one path for myself as I turn 18. 

I renounce my claim to the inheritance to the crown, and my station as princess.

I pray that one day my dreams might become reality.

That one day, the only way to escape is not to run. 

Signed,

The Reverend Mother Maya Ceciliya

Spoiler

OOC:

Art by BasilTheBunny <3

"Ea see all mea effort to love her went unnoticed... Ea am niet surprised." Klara Elizaveta turned her gaze to her husband then, as he went about polishing his armor. A smile came to her face. "But Ea am the furthest from suffocated."

Dorothea read the missive with a brow perked and a tiled head, unsure entirely what to make of it. "Dobry for her," She chimed, following it up with a shrug.

Edited by meowcelina

Franziska read with a huge smile and light tears among her face. "Such a selfless girl, to devout her life to Godani. I would be blessed if one of my daughters chose a life of religion. I shall pray for her. " She said to a friend. 

"Ea disagree," notes Adele Emma Ludovar, though as she reflects on her own shut-in childhood she empathises with Maya's position. "Mea childhood may have been robbed of me by sickness, but at least once Ea was old enough to escape the cold, mea papej had time to entertain mea childish thoughts."