A Letter To The People; In Defence of Our Homeland

Tigergiri

PjqLHi-RO7DYPjQvLmsHq_rYXy_eA7HbQ5rYnmubcotTBVdHSN4q5vRWXFwpeyQVxtCqFBvlBgWWAOMhMkFJEIi2hDHIF6HPEKw4bAtC-yA2blF3oJSngHVw1G8m1McMSlLICRreew0ASBgUXA

wTf97iT2KefN3ItDr9nGu4J1mfNhYJAsCfNPr_ZE-np6vYqpmBXam5mJOjDPsSwGoYZN75JutTBaraEgIgU-6kCI-0vSW4CMvbVkdJPlyixnY-631upuN0W83yWzL_jcmiOuqk_X

Dear Elysium, there is no simple tangibility that I can provide you with about war. 

There are many things that can be said about this war, there are many stratagems that have been thrown around, I am here to put them to rest. For this is a defensive war. We didn't attack Krugmar we never even raised a weapon before this war started. They decided that if we were to simply walk away from their demands that we were the enemy! Demands that would put Orcs and elves alike, that have oppressed our people, in places of power. Stripping the good people who try to keep you safe, to the people who would let Orcs and dwarves storm in  during a wedding so they can talk about war!

There is a time and a place for war, and there is a time and a place for discussion. I wish to speak to you about the very things that seem to be at the core of this war. I shall mention only what I know; then you, our people, can make your own decisions on whether to believe me or not. But nothing I say will be a lie within the confines of these words. The question remains, at the end of this should you fight? If not, fight for me, fight for your nation, fight for your independence, fight for the freedom to be you.

Fight for the right to question the people who tell you lies. 

What do you think will happen, Elysium? That if they win the war, their promises of democracy will happen? The very democracies that they demonstrate in their own nation?  Talks and peace we tried during our own treaty? Look where that got us. Even when we had a treaty, they still acted like we were the dirt under their toes, that they could call us around like dogs to go into our own cities. We offered peace, we offered friendship, and I even invited all the orcs to my official wedding. But what was given back? Truly, what was given back other than lessons and betrayal? 

How long will it take for us to realize they gave us false hopes and promises?  

The orcs lie. Don't let them delude you. Do not let the orcs fool you, for they talk of peace, but what peace do they bring when we send diplomats, and they lose arms, eyes, hands, or even their lives? They talk of honor, yet what honor do they bring? The honor of not killing and kidnapping children? On that day, at the beginning of the war, they stormed our roads and slaughtered everyone, even a child caught in the midst. Not even just a month ago, they kidnapped another from our roads. They say they will not hurt our children but will capture them and bring them back traumatized with injuries and broken bones.

They speak of racism, but what racism is there in the free city? Freedom from so many entities; freedom from religion, freedom of speech, and freedom to be who you want to be. The only freedom we will not give you is the freedom to kill, and that is precisely what they were doing. That is what they have done.  We denied them the chance to hurt, to slaughter, our people. So, what was their response?

To label us racists.

They want the freedom to kill and slaughter us in our own homes, to allow us just to watch and not do a single thing. So how is that right? How is that even equal to the people around us, that we just watch as the people -Ologs, akin to kids, as the orcs named them- beat and steal from women and children? Is it not the parents' fault that their children do not behave? It's not right, and it's not racism if we call them out for the misdeeds they bring upon our citizens. It seems the orcs have misused the term "racism" for the word "justice." When did we become racists? They go out and purposely kill our mages just because they are voidal? To take their eyes and hands because they are not what the orcs want. I reckon they are the boys crying wolf. Big bad wolf. And if you know the tale, you know that their word only means so much the first few times.

So how long will we let them label us?

Elysium, The Crown and our governance have worked tireless hours to make sure you are happy. And if you are not happy? There’s always a seat open in the government. You are always allowed to ask and look for employment there. We have always listened to the people and their votes where we could. No word that I have said has been a lie, not as blatant as what our opponent has done. I will not sugar coat my words; it will not be easy. No war is. I will not give you false promises and hopes, I will make those amends.

You will always have a voice as long as you are in Elysium. As long as we are the Kingdom of Elysium. If we stand together and fight, we can push back our enemies. 

"Honour with strength bound, Grounded by Humility."

59ds5B4sm9PtMbFQJpppW6zEBCYjWLBOpozUvq0rpgbBgxGotszdH5Sf7adzpFF6MdMilBDt7v0vzdRsZQFEy-VlEwcA49VCGGvF2l-QRduAHhYws0DVW6oBIBxYtJTd6Z4YLisd

Yours truly, Elysium's companion first, the Heir apparent second.

ul1_Tnv6EXzzNYk9Eod4I6HFpvyGh6Gl9Zh7DtNOPV3n0zSDv2_3NQdvN5ypZs73xOygKZuH5_K2Vv72el8R1RKyYQTlICmP-UcNMWnn6zBphlUKwI8d2qqJCdpKrk7tCW-tH-g_

Eugeo de Astrea approached Leika in the study shortly after the missive was published, giving his daughter a ruffling of her hair as he scanned over the letters and agreements strewed across with a sigh escaping his person. " We do what we is necessary for our friends and family, and similarly they have our own backs. We will be victorious  thanks to our ability to unite and always care for our people, and the initial aggression can be reversed. " He bespoke, seating besides her as he dipped his own quill into her ink. 

" You are brilliantly defending Elysium from one of the most self professed war nations on Almaris. " He assured his daughter now, and offered his own shoulder for her to rest on. "Get some rest now Leika. We have much work ahead of us."

@Tigergiri

After reading the Missive Floria Vanari threw a punch at a wall, a thing she often did when angry or upset "all the orcs want is to raise chaos and tyranny, i have watched Elysium thrive at it's greatest, we're racist? funny since we have friends and family that are orcs, they come into our home they attack our family, our children and they attack our friends and for what?  because they cant tell the difference from right and wrong, i tried to talk with the Rex and he was to blinded to see he is wrong... Elysium has always been a neutral free and peaceful city, not once have we raided them since the war started it has always been them raiding us, we offered them friendship well... it is clear to see they have no honour maybe Violence is all they understand and can get threw those thick skulls of theirs..." the elfess ranted in pure anger and distress, not yet knowing Plume who she had seen as her son had been kidnapped yet since she had been away and not around to hear about it

"we do so much for our citizens... but they trust those who attack more then those who protect them?... i just... i dont understand why" she mumbled before she shook her head and turned to continue her duty as a guard and make sure her home was still currently safe.

"Even wif da help ob dere preziuz Blakkvayl, dey will nub ztem da tide." The older orc sipped his glass of whiskey as he played a game of cards with a fellow uruk. A fat cigar sticks out of his jaw, sprinkling embers to the table as he speaks. "In deyr heartz dey know diz true. Itz why zo many ob 'em have turned to Krug. Humanz agh elvez; deyz rathur zelfizh kreaturez at da end ob da day. Rathur zeek opportuniteez tu ztay in power den liv agh flat." His hand wasn't particularly amazing; a single pair. He stared across the table to the other orc, nervous beads of sweat cascading down the side of their face. He wouldn't even need to bluff. "But datz da fun part. Peepin' deyr fazez writhe agh zquirm az da wallz around dem kome krumblin' down. Da tide climbz higher, frothin' over da edgez like it kould konzume dem at any moment." The Ugluk reveals his hand, much to the dismay of the other. A cruel smile stretches over his mouth, "Hozhur luck next tik, bruddah. Perhapz lat will hav Ghorza on latz trail."

Edited by Vilebranch

A sitting monk contemplated the conflict, and then remembered that of the four brothers, Krug alone had seen through the lies of Iblees. And that in of itself, made the Orcish race a blessed one. 

Spoiler

trim.2CF439DC-F469-42EA-ADCD-FA1E9697CEE

An elderly Norlandic woman couldn't help but chuckle when she heard news of Elysium's propaganda. "Gettin' mad at orcs for bein' violent is like being upset vit' elves for niet bein' able t' 'ave kids, or dvarves for... being s'ort or vhatever." She spoke aloud to herself. "Jus'  stop lettin' 'em pus' vy 'round."

Edited by Generi

The wargoth of clan Gorkil slaps his knee as he bursts into laughter after finishing reading the missive "Oh zkah dat hez tu be zatire." The hulking Ulug'Gorkil wipes tears of laughter off his face "Zkah, mi gut tu zhow it tu dah boyz." He rips the missive off the wall, making his way towards a fellow orc "Brudda! Kom peep dyz!" He shouts as he approaches his kin "Peep dyz." He hands them the missive "Komedi yn itz finezt." The orc shares a laugh with the orc before taking the missive back to show the fine piece of comedy to more orcs.

2 hours ago, DrunkPapaBear said:

« When we zaved Plume from da guardz of Elyzium trying to kill him, when we brought him to zee da zpiritz, he waz happey. When the mercenariez from Blackvale were zent to take him back home, they left az they realized he waz zafe. 

Upon hearing that, a certain mali'ker stills; reconsidering his choice in this war.

Sigurd Ingolf, the Jarl of the Ulveflokk clan would be oiling and grooming his beard as he reads the missive “Seems these Elysium are ikke fighting because they are pedalling propaganda to their people” He would chuckle as he sides a red bead into his beard.

Elsewhere, Kai Monet would be looking to his mum as they were going elsewhere “Mama, will we be safe?” he would ask 

Prince Kosher Daesmon would receive the missive as he sat in his tower in the city of Caras y Tellannar, the jewel of Elvendom. As he read, he would mark the missive with his own notes in the margins, as though he was proof reading it on his own. “The lies in this missive are astounding!” The ‘ame prince would exclaim towards his brother Elliphas, the Lord Commander of Elvendom“These fools don’t speak of when the Glaiveguard defended their city and when they casted us aside after we came to their aide again. Perhaps losing will give them some manners.” With that, the prince would stuff the paper into a drawer to be forgotten, where it belonged.

33 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Prince Kosher Daesmon would receive the missive as he sat in his tower in the city of Caras y Tellannar, the jewel of Elvendom. As he read, he would mark the missive with his own notes in the margins, as though he was proof reading it on his own. “The lies in this missive are astounding!” The ‘ame prince would exclaim towards his brother Elliphas, the Lord Commander of Elvendom“These fools don’t speak of when the Glaiveguard defended their city and when they casted us aside after we came to their aide again. Perhaps losing will give them some manners.” With that, the prince would stuff the paper into a drawer to be forgotten, where it belonged.

Aech sighs, shaking her head. "...but they aren't completely wrong, Kosher, that's the thing. Look at the facts! They kidnapped Plume, they lie that he was 'happy', did anyone bother to speak to the poor boy? did, he had broken ribs and bruises all over. He was terrified, Kosher. I wouldn't call that safe and happy, would you?" She demands. "Why can't they both just leave eachother alone?" She huffs. "Just... cease! For their children. For their innocent civilians. How long will they keep fighting for?

1 hour ago, HIGH_FIRE said:

Sigurd Ingolf, the Jarl of the Ulveflokk clan would be oiling and grooming his beard as he reads the missive “Seems these Elysium are ikke fighting because they are pedalling propaganda to their people” He would chuckle as he sides a red bead into his beard.

Elsewhere, Kai Monet would be looking to his mum as they were going elsewhere “Mama, will we be safe?” he would ask 

Javier, Kai's adopted father and Frisket's husband, pat the boy on the head "No worries hijo, we will be fine. Ellas estan siendo idiotas de mierda." And with that, the elderly Hyspian collapsed on his couch and fell asleep

1 hour ago, HIGH_FIRE said:

Ruby pressed a kiss to Kai's forhead, smiling down at him. "Of course, amor. As long as I am around no one will ever hurt you. I promise." 

Zrulzurb'Ungri, the self proclaimed goblin warboss read the missive. "Purhapz lat zhould kry about yt." He snickered to himself as he geared up once more. "Tew klomp in WAGH agh flat twiggiez, wub ah bub'hozh tik."