Jav's Two Year AMA

Javert

Right, so I'll be keeping this brief. As of yesterday, it has officially been two years since I joined this server known as Lord of the Craft. I've made dozens of lovely memories with lovely folks, starting when I made my first persona Fynn Mackensen to then creating the Bishop family and Hyspia afterwards. To put it mildly, there's a lot to reflect on, so ask me anything

What has been the most memorable interaction on each character? does it continue to impact other characters now? what initially made it memorable and does it still carry the same meaning?

I don't know how you did it...lol

But, what made you decide to even start these sort of groups and take on a leadership position, like you are currently in Norland?

how does it feel leading a daycare nation? 

6 minutes ago, Behold_A_Man said:

What has been the most memorable interaction on each character? does it continue to impact other characters now? what initially made it memorable and does it still carry the same meaning?

God, I've had a lot of characters so I'll just do the ones I liked most.

Right, so my first actually memorable character was Cesar de Rivera I; First King of Hyspia, founder of Tierra Natal, yada yada yada. I'd have to say his most memorable interaction was with the (at the time) King of Norland. We ended up brokering a deal that if Hyspia had lost its land and was unable to settle anywhere else, then we'd come to Norland and settle there to get on our feet. Long story short, this led to Hyspia settling in Norland early in Almaris and caused the Hyspian Schism between the Hyspians who converted to the Red Faith and the Hyspians who converted to Canonism. Was a fun time.

Next most memorable thing I did was rebuild House Bishop. I made it late-inferi event, then it died coming to Almaris, then I got some old friends and we rebuilt it again. This time it actually survived my persona dying, and it's still alive in the form of Lomiei leading it from a Haeseni manor.

There's more memorable moments of course, but I'd make this way too long.

5 minutes ago, TaytoTot said:

I don't know how you did it...lol

But, what made you decide to even start these sort of groups and take on a leadership position, like you are currently in Norland?

Well, when I joined LOTC I saw it as an outlet for my creative ideas. To be honest, I still do. Even so, creating the Bishop family wasn't as hard as creating some of the other groups seeing as A. it was a carryover community from one of the other games my friends and I had played for up to 5 years prior and B. I had friends on LOTC who helped me get the gist of family building within LOTC's roleplay setting. Now, as for building Hyspia, that was a bit different. That was inspired by my IRL culture (me being Salvadoran), and the desire to bring it to LOTC so I could, in a way, share it with the community. 

As for taking up leadership positions, I've always felt myself drawn to it. Whereas other NLs have outright cursed being NL, ruing the day they took it up, yada yada, I don't feel that way. I genuinely love being NL because I can help out my community in more ways than I would be able to as say a Nation Steward or Marshal. I can listen to the community's input and work to actually get it implemented. Yes, it can be stressful at times. However, I've always felt that the positives outweigh the negatives. I love seeing the community I spend most of my time with happy, and will work to keep them happy however I can.

9 minutes ago, mkaxeman said:

how does it feel leading a daycare nation? 

It keeps me busy, and I like being busy, so I have no complaints.

What does it feel to make an AMA thinking there will be lots of people wanting to ask you so many questions only for the post to flop

feels bad man, me too

14 minutes ago, CorweenieTheJedi said:

What does it feel to make an AMA thinking there will be lots of people wanting to ask you so many questions only for the post to flop

feels bad man, me too

Seeing as I posted this at a time where most folks are asleep, I'm frankly not surprised nor am I upset about it. Besides, I posted it for people who bother to hear the opinions of a guy who's only been around for two or so maps, so I don't mind if people don't ask much

who am I?

What made you join Norland?

Okay I have to ask, how many characters have you played in total, just a general number.

give me all your minas

how has your day been? :]

what was your opinion on the whole sedan rebellion? (how players handled it and staff)

8 hours ago, Fwied said:

who am I?

Jean Valjean.

4 hours ago, Froschli said:

What made you join Norland?

I write this as I lie in bed, so bear with me. At the time I joined Norland, I was searching for a community where I could be myself and not have to worry about what others thought of me. That and, overall, I found the Norlandic/Morsgradi community more welcoming than I did any of the others. Now, that's not to say the other communities aren't lovely, but I just loved Norlands community and it's build asthetic so much. I mean come on, have you seen Morsgrad?

2 hours ago, Operator_Bugman said:

Okay I have to ask, how many characters have you played in total, just a general number.

In total? Gimme a bit to search the far reaches of my brain. 

Probably 10+

1 hour ago, TrueProfessor said:

give me all your minas

No

46 minutes ago, puffables said:

how has your day been? :]

Not so bad honestly. I had a headache when I posted this but I slept it off so now I feel good. What about you?

30 minutes ago, Dogged said:

what was your opinion on the whole sedan rebellion? (how players handled it and staff)

Honestly man, I ******* loved it. It was my first real experience with a war on LOTC since I hadn't been able to partake in the tail end of the Sutican War. Many will argue Sedan wasn't a good or healthy conflict, and to put it bluntly I will agree, but only in terms of how the war was handled by staff. The IRP drama, the Battle of Southbridge, being part of something that had a lasting impact on LOTC, that's what I really loved about the conflict. It helped me make friends that I'm thankful for meeting such as you, Hogo, and the other Sedanians who are still around. My only major complaints with the Sedan War as a whole were 1. How half our rally got sent back home for the Southbridge skirmish and 2. How half our rally got denied for the Alpine Bridge Warclaim. Other than that, I look back on that war with fond memories despite the loss.

There are many NL's in this server. How do you defy yourself different from other nation leaders, and what communities are you most interested, that give you the need to lead?