Stepping down.

VsUa0lDvoIXT_sr7IahgOC9EbMf8dJS0YOlJxVzRqOWgeOzRbexcvN2zQHiL_Z3EIZMOpOf5tCmxoCfERJ2P6TrIuq0XwuXRf3_ywc6NoUQI7TUEOKs0_cEa2C5y1rGDGzWilq1y

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dear Marshal, King and my fellow Guardsmen,

As of today, I will relieve myself of active duties within the Ashguard. These include, spars, fights in training, patrols, ex cetera. I will continue behind the scenes doing things such as pay, promotions, demotions, ex cetera. I also may host trainings as long as I'm not involved.

I was recently diagnosed with the disease Muscular Dystrophy with a chance of me being completely paralysed in thirty-forty years. There is no known cure.

I will try my hardest for the Ashguard like I had since I was seven years old but for once I will listen to advice and I will step down from things which could risk faster deterioration.

I look to my fellow overseer, Ragnar Sigvardson, to do the more active duties.

May All-Father walk with you all.

-Signed

Her highness, Princess Astrid Eiriksson-Black Ruric,

Overseer in the official Ashguard of Norland

oDmlqJ9jVokvVA05Xp5Ey2aElekwxO82OvbU7n9FQ8o4rPstbDGORj3ueDIB4Ga1ax6Db5F6BEYgNm6vnUEozUKs4D_U0NKfAjmhYfRot8nEf20XBcDxEptiJZHiyIhGs8cK-uOMqYHGBBh3uQ

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

the King of Norland, who had been told directly of Astrid's diagnosis by the doctor, had spent multiple hours in his private quarters praying to the All-Father for his Daughter. If there was something, anything, that could slow down or prevent the inevitable, then he would do whatever was possible to find it.

“I will Astrid, I promise you.” Says Ragnar Sigvardson, looking sadly at the announcement, while simultaneously praying to the All-Father.

Elias Bishop looks out the window, feeling the missive between his index finger and thumb.

If there was anything that could be done.. A multitude of ideas enter his head, each as unlikely as the last.

Except for one. And in an excited rush, he flies out of his room; whistling for his horse and riding across the snow with an urgent haste.

Uthyr Gwathren reads the missive, perking a curious brow. "I suppose she didn't take to the leaches enough... Purifies the blood. Pity." He huffs, before returning to his mercenary work.

An alchemist far away is on the brink of finding the cure.

Rævna simply remarked, "Muscular what?" With that, the Svarling woman simply decided that doctors in these lands were, as she suspected, lunatics.

Spoiler

How does she know she has muscular dystrophy though...you have to test for it with things way more advanced than a medieval medic would have/know

Ciaran stared at the missive, still not quite processing the information, and clenched his fists in frustration. There wasn’t anything he could do for his best friend except be there for her….right?

3 hours ago, rukio said:

How does she know she has muscular dystrophy though...you have to test for it with things way more advanced than a medieval medic would have/know

we have dragons, case closed.

but in all seriousness, it’s for rp. can’t bash us for that.