[✗] [Lore Amendment] Atronach Limbs

ronin_champloo

Amendment: Atronach Limbs.

Following a discussion that I’ve had with a few mage friends, we’ve concluded that Atronach Limbs are the be-all, end-all limbs for all. An idea we’ve had is such; as the void is being used, and placed on one’s body, they’d don a weaker -- yet still evident -- variant of Voidal Poisoning for as long as they use it.

The redline will be as follows;

- Those who use Atronach Limbs will also be affected by a weaker variant of Voidal Weakness that targets them. As such, they’ll tend to struggle using two-handed weaponry, find their stamina more easily drained during activity, and are limited to Half-Plate or Light Gambeson. This effect settles in within 2 OOC days.

- This effect is not permanent, and upon removing the limb, they'd see their stamina and strength return after 1 OOC week.

Based.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I like this concept 

The core of a limb doesn't really emit voidal energy. And it doesn't force those with atronach limbs to have a bigger mana pool, meaning it doesn't really effect the user. And seeing as voidal energy isn't actually entering the body, it wouldn't really weaken someone.

Therefore, by this logic, just being near a casting mage, would give those around them some sort of voidal poisoning.

Also with atronach limbs being fancy, enchantments. this means that anyone, carrying or near, enchanted gear would also be presented with the voidal poisoning. 
You could then assume, being cut or stabbed by an enchanted item would then afflict the victim with this same poisoning, for a period of time.

Plenty of characters with atronach arms would not have gotten one of it was going to make them weaker. Mine would have tried golem arms or something. If this is accepted, I can imagine some characters getting rid of their atronach limbs that they paid a lot of minas for

Doesn't really make sense that atronach arms just.. randomly become poisonous. If this going to be accepted, it could be a nice lil feature to pin this on the voidal hollow or something

Edited by satinkira

8 hours ago, PinkPyro said:
The core of a limb doesn't really emit voidal energy. And it doesn't force those with atronach limbs to have a bigger mana pool, meaning it doesn't really effect the user. And seeing as voidal energy isn't actually entering the body, it wouldn't really weaken someone.

Hey! -- I came to this conclusion as Atronach Lore is already rather vague. While the Atronach Limb doesn't grant a bigger mana pool, it still harnesses the void for their spells, or enchantments; Telekinetic Limbs being a major example of one, as it grants Orc-Like strength to the user for a limited duration of time. While the Voidal Energy isn't entering the body, it's still affecting them, and the effect -- of such -- can be seen in Voidal Hollows, and other areas seen prior. Keep in mind that they're using this for various amounts of months, years, or even decades as most mages are elves.

Therefore, by this logic, just being near a casting mage, would give those around them some sort of voidal poisoning.

Not really sure what you mean by this as I've stated that the effects settle within 2 OOC days, or 2 IRP months. I don't know what kind of mage you're standing close to who's casting for 2 IRP months, but I'd request you report them as they're majorly PGing ; )

Also with atronach limbs being fancy, enchantments. this means that anyone, carrying or near, enchanted gear would also be presented with the voidal poisoning. 
You could then assume, being cut or stabbed by an enchanted item would then afflict the victim with this same poisoning, for a period of time.

Again, not too sure what you mean by this as Enchantments -- most of the time are inert, and require activation to use. And once more,  I've stated that the effects settle within 2 OOC days, or 2 IRP months. I haven't really heard of an enchantment that lasts for 2 IRP months, nor a person who has an enchanted item that's stabbed into them, for 2 IRP months. 

Overall, please read what I've written rather than skim it, before leaving a reply. Thanks!

1 hour ago, High_On_Math said:

Plenty of characters with atronach arms would not have gotten one of it was going to make them weaker. Mine would have tried golem arms or something. If this is accepted, I can imagine some characters getting rid of their atronach limbs that they paid a lot of minas for

Seems the trade off for fancy spells, and Orc-Like strength (From Telekinetic Limbs) is a weaker body. . .  like in . .  normal Voidal Lore, and prosthetics aren't made for CRP but rather granting substance, and flavor, to normal RP.  If you'd like, the Dwarves are really open with their Golem Arms. Give them a visit ; )

1 hour ago, satinkira said:

Doesn't really make sense that atronach arms just.. randomly become poisonous. If this going to be accepted, it could be a nice lil feature to pin this on the voidal hollow or something

Not really as Voidal Hollows augment, and make Voidal Spells go chaotic with power. If anything, using Atronach Limbs in Voidal Hollows would make them more powerful, yet less controllable.

a lot of coping in this thread

I am indifferent on this amendment but if you're putting voidal poisoning on someone with an atronach limb without a positive to counteract it then I don't really know what this is for but further taking down some void lore.

If I could suggest since the lore is vague you add in an addition that allows the user to 'switch off' the atronach limb much like a toggable enchantment. The reasoning on basis for characters to not wanting to suffer from voidal weakness which this lore proposes when not utilizing the limb in a prolonged situation. 

It'll offer a good counter balance. Though that's my own opinion.

18 minutes ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

I am indifferent on this amendment but if you're putting voidal poisoning on someone with an atronach limb without a positive to counteract it then I don't really know what this is for but further taking down some void lore.

If I could suggest since the lore is vague you add in an addition that allows the user to 'switch off' the atronach limb much like a toggable enchantment. The reasoning on basis for characters to not wanting to suffer from voidal weakness which this lore proposes when not utilizing the limb in a prolonged situation. 

It'll offer a good counter balance. Though that's my own opinion.

Primarily, the reason why I did this is not to 'further take down some Voidal Lore' but to offer balance and identity onto the prosthetics. So far, Atronach Limbs have the best coordination, durability, are painless and can be enchanted. This is to further tie into the Mage 'niche' that has been carved out by Voidal Lore.

The disadvantages for the other limbs are as follows:

Animii

- Cannot replicate Hand-Eye coordination.

- Stiff

- Needs constant repair, and check-ups.

- Connected to the body itself, and damaging it grants pain.

Golem Limbs

- Unironically the worst(?) durability as the runes on the limb can be wacked.

- Golem Spikes

- You have to talk to a Dwarf.

Atronach

- None. The lore doesn't state any.

A weakness to Thanhic-Steel is universal for all limbs, save for Animii, so I won't be counting that for any of them here.

Link:

Personally, I hope the balance to Atronach Limbs will allow further writes to have more of a focus onto their aesthetics, and strength within the 'mage' niche.

Note: I really do hope Golemancy gets buffed.

Me when the battle mage with his minmax atronach arm tries to tell me he can beat me in an arm wrestling contest 

unknown.png

1 hour ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

a positive to counteract it

a positive ? bro at least u got an arm now where yours got chopped off lmao, oh and u also get minor magic 

10 hours ago, PinkPyro said:

And seeing as voidal energy isn't actually entering the body, it wouldn't really weaken someone.

you're unironically from the uk your argument is invalid 

but whether or not ur br*tish, the lore doesent mention anything about whether or not the energy enters the body, though I should mention that you have a magical artifact stitched to your flesh that is consistently active so yes, i would assume you'd get void cancer if you wore that for a few years, but thats just my interpretation 

tbf i rly support this change as its another plug to stop minmaxing