The Almaris Medical Community

JoshBright

Almaris Medical Community (AMC)

"Medics United"

Almaris Surgeons’ Council

The Surgeons’ Council is made up of all the respective head medics from Norland, Haense, Oren, Balian, Elysium, Elvendom, Krugmar, Hali'nor and are in charge of the Almaris Medical Community. Their job is to train medics, issue licenses and supervise the medics in their respective nations. The Deputies of these communities will serve as Stepins/Under Secretaries to their respective head-medic. Any nation may join the AMC and only need for their respective head medic to sign on.

Medics

Surgeons - A Medic that knows everything or a good majority about medicine, additionally they have been practicing for upwards of ten years

• Needs to know -
    • Surgery 
    • Amputation (Partially attached, Unsalvageable, Removing limbs)
    • How to treat broken skulls
    • How to help with lungs: difficulty in breathing (like smoking) and if there is blood in the lungs.
    • General knowledge of alchemy or how to use medical potions
    • Head & General trauma

Doctors - Experienced Medics that have the knowledge and ability to help people in their time of need 

• Needs to know -
    • Pregnancy (Symptoms, Prenatal Care, Delivery, Apgar Scale, Post-Labour, Fetal )
    • CPR
    • Types of wounds (lacerations, arrow wounds (bodkin/barbed), stab wounds, etc) 
    • Scar treatment therapy
    • Supplies to carry
    • Triage and Ethics
    • Different ways how to close wounds
    • Types of stitching
    • How to treat the different degrees of burns
    • Broken limbs/broken ribs/dislocations
    • Slit throats
    • Sterilization
    • Removing foreign objects
    • Emergency wound stabilization
    • Illness identification
    • Drowning treatment

Nurses/Combat Medics - know the basics of medicine, herbs and tools

• Needs to know -
    • Basic anatomy 
    • Herb recognition 
    • Proper tool maintenance/usage 
    • Stitches
    • Bandages
    • Bindings
    • Wound aftercare + recovery time
    • Blight poisoning identification & how to cure
    • Manners with patients 
    • Burns & how to cure 
    • Know the types of disinfectants

Apprentice - learning the basics of medicine

• Requirements  -
    • Approved to learn how to be a medic by a head medic of a respective community 

Licences

Licences will be handed out to a person based on the level of knowledge, experience and tests completed. Once a head medic is satisfied with their abilities they will be granted a licence. This licence is valid in any of the nations connected to the AMC. 

Laws regarding medicine

On Malpractice 

Accidental - 

One who accidentally performs malpractice or causes harm to a patient, this will be known as Accidental Malpractice. If found guilty of this by a panel of Head Medics, the medic will have their licence revoked for no less than two years and have to re-do basic classes with their respective head medic and/or a fine of up to 200 mina to the patient.

Purposeful (without intent) -

When a doctor or nurse purposefully disobeys an order from a superior resulting in minor or no harm to a patient, this will be known as Purposeful Malpractice without intent. If found guilty of this by a panel of Head Medics, the medic will have their licence revoked for no less than five years and forced to redo training by their respective head medic and/or a fine of up to 500 mina to the patient.

Purposeful (with-intent) -

When a doctor or nurse purposefully harms a patient with full knowledge of what they are doing will aid the patient in no way. If found guilty of this by a panel of Head Medics, the medic will have their licence revoked outright and indefinitely in addition they will need to pay the patient. a fine of up to 1000 mina.

On Forgery/Falsifying Licenses 

Accidental - 

One who was given a medical license by an individual thought it was a valid license well being fraudulent. If found guilty of this by a panel of Head Medics, one would have to make a medic statement condemning the Falsification of medical licenses.  

Purposeful - 

One who forges/is given a false medical license with will knowledge that it is forged.  If found guilty of this by a panel of Head Medics, they will have to make a statement condemning the Falsification of medical licences and payment of 400 mina to the medical community. 

On Harmful use of knowledge

Accidental - 

When one uses their medical knowledge to cause harm to a person under threat, this shall be considered as ‘Harmful use of knowledge’. If found guilty of this by a panel of Head Medics, the medic will have to give a public statement condemning whoever forced them to do it. 

Purposeful - 

When one uses their medical knowledge to cause harm to a person, this shall be considered as ‘Harmful use of knowledge’. If found guilty of this by a panel of Head Medics, the medic will have their licence revoked outright and indefinitely in addition they will need to pay the patient. a fine of up to 1000 mina.  

Suspensions

If Suspected of breaking one of the above crimes any head medic may issue a temporary suspension barring the respective person from performing medical duties until they can be cleared of suspicion.

Patients’ Rights

All patients have the right to refuse help

All patients have the right to the best care possible

All patients have the right to be cared for regardless of political affiliation 

All patients have the right to voice their opinions and decline aid with full understanding of the risks of denial.

Oath of Good Faith

I know that I know not all, and commit myself to daily amelioration.

I understand that warmth, understanding, and empathy outweigh the surgeon's knife or the alchemist's herb.

I swear to protect the privacy of those seeking aid, for the world is too vast for a surgery room.

I know that I am not all-powerful. I cannot change fate.

I pray to act in preservation of this calling, and that I long experience the privilege of healing those who seek me.

I hereby swear to do no harm.

All this I swear.

SIGNED:

dFLkAYq9_3MFw-sZLw9xU9lCeyL8yYIerJoIUXMP7gRGppJx6TQeqYgPT5KM01aSgPF15DaZV49EE8_MkWxYSlQtaAJ5qsJO5x-ePTJX-cuYpzrqOfzgSiUeboagkBuBkStxh1WOP2btYG26-w

Adrianna Darkwood née Barclay, Surgeon-General of Hanseti-Ruska

Jz4z6zUiE-GxdeeRvVYxY1aoZNwVQucR7o0SHR2rXUsmfAnVgb1573d59yviqMgc8CRKd_uxRGdUj2uzNdoA6lhv5ydgcr1jtfVxOStGhgPe8pEc0CgUiYAffItT7fiiXj4XdSoitb7rn3BcMA

Dr. Primrose Gendik, Surgeon-General of Oren

GuiTri487heBRBDYO3qg-kccCmBhbWH0morrbrvtXtkJZY6I43lZHFWgmptQ4eKdFSNhCG_JMe0binRqdlTdmdFsXNrxQ3DsnAmpS5uQj56DWVzSEsUGk-2AjG64b-ZG99iNKQ5IriIy0vyttw

Dame Diana Vuiller, Surgeon-General of Balian

jKX0L6klHtCm2pI828OM1Vqjsm_sk0dMhbjOwNi8OZSNS1Hjlvr_UY1i53YCtAwy7mNZeHf7iY13ZjevNz0u-7oHTqsmfi06I_XdfZWj9a-rhHPw-m3pwTkqES-_90EYLsYlSKI7YQqe3G0n3Q

Sir Jarad Munnel, Deputy-Surgeon General of Balian, Baron of Albretta

3OW28PanfWjP0xLVueFg9EJjGof7zBpkHnCV4S0lCzLktXlAGjs469tX0BWdglcGDfz-0YhbVHoeEMjTzzeTkktaGgpIg-L-qU8SQJUNu6m-vjy7u2o5ano0dZ1CjU5BafXNheGgpaVHMmc3Ig

Dr. Arthur-Felix Blackthorn, Surgeon-General of Alisgrad, Norland/Krugmar

fZIH5Rn9cmiZlvP9c7b5VEU0yVJiEN1rRvLh1-RpEcaM7ou9kek1EAIOTXbzQ8HO0JcCl7Eywx8UBgr8ys9lsDM81fv1ejAxv6P67qnhPyMiceYkc6xuDVzp4osn3phFEW3GBJFksMMC4LYTBg

Dr. Suika Vanari Lorenthus de Astrea, Chancellor of Health, Elysium

uS_KQVsCU87uf-OMbhBoIFFv3v4Vv0jz1bm7OLDNIi-766g9uhZtij7GyGIzGcwbaXCIxWIPmjiGvkiBZK8i1yBXPtoGNvEweDKA9NQpSxofN94WOzbmst1tsVOrnb-6s-d9qrbAAcJ3ZDg21Q

Aech Amberace, Deputy Head Medic, Elysium

Ze6QOo1LD2SB5zSKycwbZx2c3ELUDH4hvfIzxZauD1nboy4lAv-SH7G2DvVxUEyMhrcrAvEXvVKXyYX9FlQzAkCfSRlsICvxSR_s5odbc9rOlnuCWs3cxFDaxgofEfx2QSc9ePeaEGKvwg8vfw

Medli Oranor, Head Clinician of Elvendom

Dr Blackthorn smiles, seeing the future of medicine is in trusted hands.

Dr. Primrose Gendik smiled widely at the missive sent all over Almaris. She hung it on the wall of the Oren clinic for all present medics and prospective medics to see!

A self-taught medic and herbalist looks at the missive, reading over it silently and pondering, "Mm.. Interesting. I hope to see this come to fruition." - Then striding off, allowing it to settle in her mind.

Sir Jarad Munnel would smile "This is the start of somthing great" he would say to his sister dianna @PrettyCuteAnna

Spoiler

on an ooc level, thank you to everyone who was able to meet today, it was really fun rp and im glad we had a chance to do this!

Suika Vanari would look upon the missive nervously. She was excited, and proud, but also very nervous, for this was the most ambitious thing she's ever done. "... Here we go."

Edited by verriberri

Amura would read this

"I'm going into private practice."

She determine and starts to draft multiple letters of resignations. 

A small Toad-Man writes violently in a filthy cave, "THIS IS CLEARLY MESSING WITH DARK INC!"

Remy the Rodent spitefully mused that parchment, "Dark Incorporated Health Care must far surpass this hubaloo!"

Adrianna Darkwood nods her head as she is passed the finally published missive by a servant. "Ja, hopefully we have brought about the birth of ein new und better age of medicine?" She muses, pasting the missive onto the walls of Hospital of St. Amyas, next to her recently written Code of Conduct.

A brunette woman takes the missive floating in the air off the Urguani coast, brown and blue eyes scanning the paper with sarcastic amusement. "..-wonder how long this'll last, at least this one got publicly posted in comparison to the last I was apart of. Are they going to retrial all the people I certified in my youth? - Fuckin' better. Half of them are daft and the others have their head too far up their own asses."

She took a deep breath and stuck her hand up towards a yellow boat. "-LANDA! YOU SEE THIS SHITE?-" @dove

"We at Anthem Almaris Medical Group want to help our clients bring information about their health to them," mused the swarthy Farfolk Sunny Balwani. He introduced the nanotainers which will help collect lesser amounts of blood than the traditional phlebotomy methods.

Amanda Seyfried What GIF by HULU

4 hours ago, marslol said:

A brunette woman takes the missive floating in the air off the Urguani coast, brown and blue eyes scanning the paper with sarcastic amusement. "..-wonder how long this'll last, at least this one got publicly posted in comparison to the last I was apart of. Are they going to retrial all the people I certified in my youth? - Fuckin' better. Half of them are daft and the others have their head too far up their own asses."

She took a deep breath and stuck her hand up towards a yellow boat. "-LANDA! YOU SEE THIS SHITE?-" @dove

The Hyspian 'ame heard her shout from her hammock. She sat up, holding the missive her hand. "SI, I'M READING IT RIGHT NOW!" She waved it around, "It's nice to see someone is stealing their families' plans!"

The constructive meeting from the members of the association would wake up a certain Grand Governor from his afternoon nap, he would not be able to hear anything but it sounded like things were having enough progress, he would say with a relatively tired voice, "Didn't expect these many people to be here today... But everything sounded great."

I once kept a stabbed guy alive for 5 minutes. So....

Spoiler

Upon research, I now realise it takes around 5 minutes for someone to die from blood loss.