[EVENT] The Mountain's Folklore

BobBox

Spoiler

[!] Throughout Almaris there are rumors of different creatures and beings which live about, each shifting and morphing to its own story depending on the region. Below are some of the stories which may pass around the realm freely; this is to say you may use these in normal conversation as this is open information. This post may be interpreted as a page containing the ones down below.

The Mountain's Folklore

IAMw305MJ979qTIEL1_8Q79_6XajPlNmtjcGdvj1xfSdbX_SJT69TxeFewozKQH52OgeIp-KCwhGjWtPXIOgKvYsmLMhbb9_7-7q0Anr3vHEdZ6kjhFTh98TeXkg3dIcFWebnmlQSCCQIL0DvQ

c0Y-f8OtPbq68LRG4egSnIv6Qqy85kWsO1LmrBFYcrPp6gCBcWCurtrmtHPOp8zmDTPRkDJXlsbw8AhlDD4ZtV9KyywamnRfLogrFoLG2Z9B2-RGihreMU7ZRv-tIjtrRiiw-bPG1IHSQxbypg

The Storyteller is a part of the rare and whimsical stories that flow throughout the taverns of the realm. Known to be a towering yet skinny man with glowing tattoos, The Storyteller is known to carry an assortment of lanterns, all of which are lit with a bright orange flame. These lanterns and The Storyteller’s purpose are mostly a mystery, though some say that he appears in whatever lands have creatures on the loose…

dX3v9pfbfQvx9TDBdeRjLzD9Y8tu4Etduaz6DCP_u1jeblhrMfwqNFGKJJb8CorlKdyfNghzh4CQkRX0HHecxFnsEHglBt6lc_nizDw3iFvan1TUN7yDJpbV3cdSvUzp_KQNPgBnOX42WCqk5Q

Known as a multitude of names, though at the end of the day he is normally known to be called The Thinker. Used primarily as a story to explain the power behind one’s mind to children, the thinker is rumored to change the land around himself on a whim - merely wishing what he wants into existence. Within his own head drifts thoughts of despair, often causing him to taint the land like dark paintings as he goes, a telltale sign of The Thinker.

cuVRUSTLg9YLs_4B6yqAsBgmX_2j_3pB7386Z3lyfhn4gucGS7Jf2z2-OS2yn2eOvLwscUjbI5C7Ru2eZUPofZl-OJA-YbZLJiVyNpi-T9kecyZzkl7QhQCMfGSRqL1FDaNFnJvhU1GPrGBG_A

An entity that goes by no specific name, this creature is said to infest both flocks of animals and household pets in order to lure their owners out into the wilderness. Oftentimes depicted as an animal that slowly integrates into a farmer’s flock, it is not unknown to act like a stray animal to pull on the heartstrings of those who are quick to offer their home. This entity is used as a story to remind farmers to be attentive, and also as reasoning if farmers suddenly disappear as does their flock.

hqJhBl7ck0pF7EM-Qq25yXgIE0_uxclapBIU453b5q--2yQfOl_JjAPa7vmNAYAd-KAsyLLch55TC6dc9Msr1sL3tC3fc24cx02NMais1C7tkcZ1GHZX-wv0HyJJh-uSYpPY_sXVaZA7Bx67cQ

The Occulti ov Sun and Moon are said to be a group that appears within regions to both displace and fix the cycle of the stars. Shrouded in secrecy, each retelling of their powers differs, though normally is used as an excuse as to why some nights are especially bright and others are completely dark. It is oftentimes left up to the receiver of the story to decide if these occulti are truly for good the good of the realm or for the bad.

p3vfvlP9RP5XLoTxArnE4XZrCZTyj86g7c9I9Hwl4CK3MiuEOb8wa1x81BwXmE2N77VrcEOCLtfZpMhWOMq6RIacSbNbHeH8qilHNLMO4tF8X2qGhqqqNSc3CP0mQjP9xjSF6P1h1MjeiNGqag

The Watchman is said to be a totem that haunts the fields of farmers who have abandoned their crops in a drought. When large amounts of plants are said to die, this creature is known to bring them back to life in order to lure the farmers to their deaths. This story is primarily known to be used to scare farmers who are so quick to abandon hope.

[!] The bottom of the page is torn to shreds as if someone has ripped away the information about the other creatures of Almaris. Perhaps they were never meant to be recorded in the first place.

Spoiler

As summer finally arrives, I now begin some events of my own that I've been planning for a bit. Feel free to contact me if you find the event site, though don't worry if you can't because I'll be adventuring around and manually spreading the word. In any of the events related to this I'm going to be doing my best to make them high immersive and interactable. Leave no stone unturned, no strategy unexplored. One last important note is that just killing things may have greater downsides than leaving them alone or alive...

Durin Hammerforge looks over towards Grimdal "we gots the get lookin."