Freebuild Town Review #1

NotEvilAtAll

I appreciate the showcase of the little village me and my friends made on Arcas. It was never intended to be a full blown thing. I got tired of politics and went out there to build myself a little burrow (I like burrows, yes I main elves, it's a me thing oocly. Halflings <3). Went on to make farms and such for materials, and just to grind late at night because I found it therapeutic. Built some trees, another cabin, and a little pond on my own in survival (survival trees suck by the way, do not recommend). A lot of my friends started growing tired of the politics as well. Had GammaRose, @WestCarolina , @Lockages, @RainbowRoad1234, and several others all come out to just add their own little builds and touches. Trees, terraforming, little buildings. It wasn't planned, but it was a nice place to hang out and just get to muck around without worrying about if we were being too memey or weird or getting in someone else's way. Was real pleasant, and a privilege to see how it grew from the funny little burrow I started out with out of boredom at 3 am xD. (It was also never given a name so don't worry about that).

As staff, I can understand some of the pain free build can make. As a player, I understand the delight and whimsy it allows. It's nice getting to just build, and get to enjoy what you build in rp without having to worry about the great nation overlords and stewards yelling at you. There's pros and cons either way, but what I can say is doing it with friends makes it a wonderful experience.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:41 PM, DragonofTaters said:

I appreciate the showcase of the little village me and my friends made on Arcas. It was never intended to be a full blown thing. I got tired of politics and went out there to build myself a little burrow (I like burrows, yes I main elves, it's a me thing oocly. Halflings <3). Went on to make farms and such for materials, and just to grind late at night because I found it therapeutic. Built some trees, another cabin, and a little pond on my own in survival (survival trees suck by the way, do not recommend). A lot of my friends started growing tired of the politics as well. Had GammaRose, @WestCarolina , @Lockages, @RainbowRoad1234, and several others all come out to just add their own little builds and touches. Trees, terraforming, little buildings. It wasn't planned, but it was a nice place to hang out and just get to muck around without worrying about if we were being too memey or weird or getting in someone else's way. Was real pleasant, and a privilege to see how it grew from the funny little burrow I started out with out of boredom at 3 am xD. (It was also never given a name so don't worry about that).

As staff, I can understand some of the pain free build can make. As a player, I understand the delight and whimsy it allows. It's nice getting to just build, and get to enjoy what you build in rp without having to worry about the great nation overlords and stewards yelling at you. There's pros and cons either way, but what I can say is doing it with friends makes it a wonderful experience.

Honest to god had some of my favorite rp out here. I miss it everyday LOL. Maybe that's just pure nostalgia, but nice to see the build on showcase. That little treehouse/burrow showed at the end was revamped by myself with help here and there. If it were up to me, I'd take free build again without a doubt. You can really get some good rp out of it if you have the right people around you. Then again, I see the argument for "Why not just make a settlement, or live under a nation." It's just not the same <3 Personally, I just liked being able to my own thing with little interruption. Made some good memories there thanks to @DragonofTaters, @Lockages, and @Bhased