New life.

IMG_1599.jpg

Astrid holding her newborn son.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Astrid brushes her son's forehead with the back of her finger, an exhausted yet elated look on her face. A sense of pride washes over her knowing that she will give this child the best life he could ask for where she hadn't gotten that. His big, deep blue eyes stare unfocused at the world as wisps of black hair stick out of his head. For a moment she finally breathes and thinks about all the people who will be in his life.

An amazing father who would love him unconditionally, and comfort him without even thinking twice. How he managed to wrap his arms around Astrid and tell her everything would be okay and at this moment, Astrid truly believes he's right. She remembers when she told him of her disease and instead of freaking out, he told her how many walks they should go on before it was too late. Oliver could take a bad situation and make it something magnificent, she doesn't know anyone else with that sort of power. He's a wonderful husband and she knows he'll be an even better father.

A funny, golden retriever of an Uncle who makes anything funny, even small stupid things. She remembers when Ciaran made comments about her having future children before he fell backwards in the canal as she laughed at him from the side lines, every time he tried to get revenge on her, he’d just fall in again. Ciaran knew how to make her laugh to no end and she knows that he would die for her and her family and she would do just the same for him.

A wise grandfather, someone who he can go to whenever he is in trouble, just like how Astrid had since she was young. Astrid would continue going to her father no matter what, no matter how annoyed it makes him, no matter what the comments are from others, she will always go to her papa. She remembers the pride and happiness on his face when she announced she would be having a child, such contrast to the pain and anger from when he found out about Astrid’s disease. He’d be there for Astrid’s son even if Astrid took that for granted.

There are so many others that’ll be in her son’s life that can help him, support him and make him happy. Astrid smiles gently, all the things she worked hard for in her life are finally being rewarded. Astrid turns the small baby towards Oliver and Doc who look just as tired as she does, she mumbles out a few words;

“Ivar Blacksson…his name is Ivar Blacksson.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Spoiler

OOC: So Astrid finally has a baby :D I remember first playing Astrid when she was just three years old and now here she is, about to have her own child. The name Blacksson was being thrown around quite a bit as a joke and now it’s sort of stuck so I ran with it. I hope the person I chose to play Ivar, can make him just as chaotic as Astrid but not as insane. Anyways, I shall stop rambling now! Woo Ivar!

Upon hearing of the birth of his Grandson, the old Norlandic Monarch sighed contently. He remembered his first grandchild, Amelie, Torstein's daughter. Now with his second child having his second grandson, it felt as if time was catching up to the old Monarch. Even so, Ragnvald rose from his office desk and made his way into Alisgrad to congratulate his daughter and meet his grandson.

Ciaran is tending the horses in the barracks when he hears two others speaking outside. Nothing unusual there. Oh they’re talking about Astrid? It better be only good things or he’ll have to…have to…did they just say she had the baby???

The Adunian drops the bucket of feed, sprinting off to find his best friend.