My time in Oren & the problem I'm having

CanadaMatt

LOTC is a server of communities , gotta stick to 1

10 minutes ago, Budaq said:

LOTC is a server of communities , gotta stick to 1

No you don’t. As of right now I’m in several communities. I roleplay in Balian, Haense and occasionally Vortice. There is no stick to one community. That may be you but not for everyone on this server. 

now regarding Canada hit me up and I’ll see if I can get you a character to join my little community of players that we started recently. We’d love to have you.

21 minutes ago, CanadaMatt said:

Keeping this semi Short, but Hi I am CanadaMatt some may know me others may not I was a mod in training at one point and well not anymore lol. Disclaimer my typing is not the best so it might be kind jumbled but I think you will get the point 

I joined LOTC on May 23rd, 2021 and when I joined I went to Oren, now I never knew wandering soul was a thing when I applied and just went to the coolest looking city, I at the time thought hey this was a great choice and made lots of friends in the Orenian community and some enemies like anyone would but it never bothered me much, I stayed in oren for a long period of time, and well I tried joining Haense at one point to be seen as just another “Orenian player”, and found it difficult to transition which evidently made me struggle to find other communities, especially through war time between haense and oren, being outcasted as a “suspected spy” without evidence and only suspicion, casted out from there on a persona which I enjoyed and rped on a decent amount in Haense, and then I never really came back until a few months later on another person where I was somewhat welcomed in, though OOC things happened and IRP things happened which caused me to take a step back, but now I feel somewhat welcomed in haense on my Musin though I do get the thoughts that im just being agreed with or given the sly responded by some people or even some bits of sarcasm, but that could just be me other thinking things. Now comes back to Oren a community I fought with and for since I joined LOTC, and for the actions of a persona that thought differently due to RP build up I am outcasted from it, now I know people will say “ oh you don’t attempt to strike up conversation irply with people “ but that's honestly BS because even when I do its either they go ‘afk’ or log off but when I turn around to walk away from them a few blocks oh look at that they miraculously return. And most of the people who do this now were people I rped with a decent amount with previous to the Civil war. Now I look at the discord aspect of things where I get roles removed or when I join VC the occasional insult or sarcastic remark, I mean I'm not ******* dense I know what your doing like don’t BS me. Today when I wrote this at 6:51pm est May 14th 2022 I had my resident role removed despite being an orenian citizen on a persona under the O’rourke family a county in oren named Halstaig, I go request my role at 5:31 pm est no answer, then another play I will not name requests the same thing as me a resident role at roughly 6:47 pm est, what do you think happens, well I get overlooked by an Orenian leadership who is doing the roles and yet I sit here even after replying with my characters address and him being orenian I am not roled, now likely after this they will reply “ oh sorry I didn't see your request, or we are reforming the discord so you need to wait” AGAIN don’t BS me after you have been roleing other players, This occurred after the Civil war in oren recently when a persona of mine fought for an imperialist faction and I would under the irp backlash on that persona or ooc, but when I have a persona who was not involved at all get the heat of it still im not really sure what to think, I KNOW its a surprise that I FOLLOW WHAT MY PERSONAS WOULD DO AFTER RP BUILD UP instead of what I would do oocly like most players.. I guess this really underlines the issue iv been undergoing I have been somewhat toxic throughout this whole ordeal as I really been played the fool by the orenian community more specifically the grudge-holding Leadership, Staff team won’t do anything I know that and I wouldn't bring it up to them anyways as its separate from the server itself, and well I have bene banned from the oren discord at 7:20 pm est now by their leadership who, the biggest issue on lotc are people like this who oocy remove people from communities such as Chennop, LionHz and those of the orenian leadership who basically ruin peoples experience on the server by blatantly bar people who don’t do what they want or don’t follow their views oocly, Im debating if I leave lotc because of this or not.

just sucks that im being OOCLY shunned by a community iv been apart of in the end, this kinda turned into a rant of sort but if any questions come up feel free to ask and ill awnser.

I mean I did handle a lot of this badly over time being toxic and all but its like that fight or flight response and emotional build up and being fed up with it all

Dude honestly. I feel the same. Oren just blatantly sucks for me right now. Ever since it was turned into the kingdom of Oren with the change of leadership. It just doesn't have the same oomph as it used to.

To be honest, I haven't started in Oren, I started in Ando Alur until the story team said "Nope, it's going down". I then made a new persona know Oren when it was still an amazing place to be at. At that time, I can't remember his discord name, but it was led by the old Emperor before Nectorist. Oren was a fantastic place to rp in at that time where it was even noticed that there was more rp in providence than in any other city. 

So since Oren became a place of negativity for a few other people, I'm not gonna name 'em, i have actually made it a mission on one of my personas to try and make the Oren great again. Let's face it, no one wants to rp in a place where it's not fun like it used to be.

Don't let it ruin your time on LOTC though, there are a lot of other places that are welcoming and have awesome rp. There are even places that I didn't know existed and heck they were the kindest of kind. Don't give up yet, go explore Almaris and find different communities, it makes for great rp and irp experience

Stay strong dude!

Edited by Otakuu

Just now, Lionhz said:

and only invited Lectors into the discord to receive the Lectors role.

Totally understand that but... when I was watching the role request chat iv counter 3-4 people who applied for resident role and get it from one of those gave roles, they even responded to some of them and over looked mine, I  was semi wrong to mention you mainly was in a fit of emotions and such. 

16 minutes ago, Lionhz said:

(Washing Machine flooded the house).

skill issue*

Edited by Jentos

Matt, my friend. Sadly people are just stupid at times, there is no reason with stupid when they don't want to be reasoned with. It's them that are taking irp personally and then putting those actions onto the person ocly. If you ever want to try to rp in other places I've got a few spots we can try to hang out at together. Your a good dude man, good job on speaking on your even if it was rant.

Does anyone else here have anecdotes about OOC blacklisting or is this just a one-off misunderstanding kinda thing? I'd like to hear more stories on this.