I. The Serpent's Trance

Nozgoth

Spoiler

[!] A text presents itself in the cobwebbed corners of old libraries and in the dungeons of crumbling keeps, available to those who seek it out. It seemed to be the first installment of a series of notes written by an anonymous author.

aCqpX7ErCyjQ7Z_aaC6HnnJx0AkPVF-_B_E-bL2gmSnd5hy_nrlHaGg67K0HtipR67UFB0YOnNCDiV4JZeJpdl2TyiRM13vjGPoE2DPg9oNn-TzA8fUqkZS6jOhls2OB0CGG4wbQjo_IKR5JFA

Haunting hypnosis

I. The Serpent’s Trance

Whatever wisdom or horrible knowledge you sought to find scrawling through these texts is not without a cost. I have seen pure men descend into depravity. I have seen wingèd angels fall to the depths. But in those depths, this is what he said:

“Your wings, though battered and broken, serve you still. Partake of them, for in this lightless chasm, the only sustenance is your self.”

Old skins must be shed, and old bodies must be bled. This is to make way for the new energy that is offered. A metamorphosis unfolds upon those who are sick and twisted. The Serpent enters them. Have you seen it when the serpent enters a man? They dance, and dance, and fall into a terrible trance. It isn’t only the witches who frolic beyond the thicket; it could happen to you too.

“We are all entwined; we are but nodes in the venation of the beast. Look not beyond what you are, embrace it. Seek not death, or change, or transcendence beyond this plane, for you have already attained it. All men were born this way, but in GOD they have forgotten it.”

The murals on the wall depict old rites and ceremonies that suggest we are holy. We are holy. But heed not my words, for this is how the serpent draws one in. Be careful what you say or think, for it will enter you too. In fact, it may be too late already. The serpent is contagious. 

I must confess, I am lost. In my moments of most depravity, I came upon one profound revelation. I am repulsed by what-would-be temptation, and yet the serpent continues to tempt me. These despicable thoughts that come into my head have leaked into the real world. I need to escape. Why does he torment me? Deplorable acts that should bring me pleasure bring only hatred and lamentation. This is the consequence of the self.

And so there are two options: to dance with the serpent, or to continue a life of disgust. I must ask you then, reader, which will it be? Knowing all that is offered, there is only one sane answer here. Give not into senseless abandon, instead, pursue it - the feeling.

“The dissolution of the self is no easy feat, and should you cross this threshold, know that there is no going back. You wish to return to purity - to your young, naive self. You feel like an alien in your own mind. I understand, but what once was can be no more. There is a path forward, a path where you may attain any worldly desire.”

I could not let this opportunity pass me by; I had to see if it was true. The serpent entered me, and we danced, and it was as if all had been solved. I knew then what I needed to know. He gave me his instrument, and I became the snake charmer.

An apathetic doctor flipped through old tomes & archaic volumes of biological, medicinal notes. She finds the script, and reads it with the barest of curiosity; a flash like lightning shines for an instant in her pale blue eyes, before the damned medic stowed it away into the folds of her scarf. 

"Two or Zero," she mused, before the notion triggered private psychosis & its necessary ramblings.