Little Lion Man [PK]

esotericas

Little Lion Man

The end of a life.

3bHo_lol2QNQ-jxZudYoizeSrovuVYqzUprFM0yAcKCeJHz6OKnZMohdCxXiWiiAptqhCMCYyRw1IKSxBN_8naxfbtD6q-tI2ym3FXqOBuIxK4BH-xgxxFg1abiLgk5JJYh-XItrJejYe4r30Q

[!] One of Friedrich Henrysson’s few finished paintings. Titled ‘youth.’ Date unknown.

Spoiler

qO-EFvT4pMtfaUsHfnLAagMJ6SP73s18m6ZvNyP54jMSunAipCvY_liesdtE7K3Q5CMXN6H1awaO2ODsnf4Lt_VpbX2WMjSuBYeKVKrQYvt_zQBtw3SSbPY7uv66QqMEKnWdZhjpdXjKDqmebg

The battle is short, bloody, and hopeless from the start.

Even as he’s mumbling prayers to a God that has long forgotten him, Friedrich can feel the world slipping away. In the seasick swirl of bloodloss, shouting, and thudding feet, the only thing anchoring him down is his armored hand in Ragnvald’s. 

His prayers are answered. The first, and, indeed, the last time they will ever be so. The medics that swarm the battlefield crowd around Ragnvald, administering herbs, applying tinctures, stitching wounds, and wrapping bandages.

The last thing he remembers - if it can indeed be called remembering, is Ragnvald’s hand slipping from his own as both men are pulled onto horses and hurried back to Alisgrad.

By the time they arrive, Friedrich has taken his first steps into the afterlife.

qO-EFvT4pMtfaUsHfnLAagMJ6SP73s18m6ZvNyP54jMSunAipCvY_liesdtE7K3Q5CMXN6H1awaO2ODsnf4Lt_VpbX2WMjSuBYeKVKrQYvt_zQBtw3SSbPY7uv66QqMEKnWdZhjpdXjKDqmebg

A Letter:

'On the distribution of my possessions on account of my death.’ Penned 74 S.A.

I, Friedrich Henrysson Bishop, can not be bothered to write a will. I do not have enough belongings to justify one, and so I will not write one. Instead, I leave these requests:

I would like all of my personal artworks to be left in the possession of my fiance, King Ragnvald Eiriksson Ruric. If he refuses them or is dead himself, I would like them given to his son, Prince Torstein Eiriksson Ruric. If he does not wish to take them, burn them all.

I would like my plush lamb to be given to Princess Astrid Eiriksson-Black Ruric, and my plush turtle to be given to Prince Torstein Eiriksson Ruric. They were gifts from my father to me, and I wish to pass them on to my own children. 

I would like my funeral to be performed according to the traditions of the Red Faith. I want to leave this world with mine and my brother’s friendship bracelets.

I want all of my journals, sketchbooks, notebooks, etc. to be burned. 

If anything has been mistakenly left out from this letter, I leave it up to the best judgment of my fiance to decide what will be done with the rest of my belongings.

I hereby verify that I am of sound mind, etc. etc.

Don’t forget about me.

Friedrich Henrysson.

[!] Letters would be sent to the house of Bishop, notifying them of the death of Erwin’s brother. @Lomiei

When Friedrich finds himself on the other side he is not in the Seven Skies. Instead, he’s greeted with the roaring fires of the Father’s Hall.

OOC:

Spoiler

Wow, okay, writing this made me CRY. Freddy was the first persona I played from birth, and I absolutely will never forget him. Although my time in Norland was spotty, it has brought me so much joy to watch the nation re-build itself. 

I will miss you all so, so much.

Don’t forget me! (Maybe I'll even come back someday. No promises)

wowsirs.

Ragnvald, laying unconscious in a hospital bed, is unaware of the passing of his lover. He had known Freddy almost his entire life, and when he awoke, the news would surely break the already broken King.

Astrid Eiriksson-Black Ruric sat in the clinic, messing around with her ring as she heard of her vater’s death. She stares at the wall, unmoving and features blank. Not a tear was shed as the medics bustled around her, some shaking her and retelling her the news “He’s dead Astrid.” Over and over “He’s dead.”

So Astrid sat, she sat there for many hours. The sun rose and set as she did so before she finally rose to her feet; “Ah.” Was all the small princess could muster before she trudged towards her house, to Oliver and Ivar.

Luka Bishop scoffed as Friedrich departed - and entered the Father's Hall. "Shameful, classic of the Devanite Branch."

Orin stared as the letter passed onto his desk, though he skimmed the letter he stopped on the mention of the funeral and sighed "Damnit Aedan, why did you leave me to handle funerals."

Edited by Operator_Bugman

Torstein Eiriksson Ruric walked up to an old Krugsmas tree in Eirikssgrad, hands folded by his chest. “Hey… Vater. I know we haven't given you a proper funeral yet, like you requested. I… Father is still sleeping. He's not woken up yet.Blinking, he let the hushed tears fall to the ground. “I wanted to leave, Vater. When I first heard that you were gone, I… I had everything. I was scared. Without you? What was I going to do? I don't know, I still don't know.” He sat down in the snow, taking off his coat, shoes, and gloves. “Remember Krugsmas? When you taught me and Helios how to make Gingerbread Houses? Or that time when I threw those plates?” The laughter didn't last long. “Vater… thank you for being my vater. I'm going to face life head on.”  He watched as a breeze drifted through the Keep windows, the ornaments wiggling on the flimsy branches. Torstein gazed out the window, a dullen sunshine passing through as a shadow formed on his face. A bird perched on the windowsill, gazing at the mourning man. Reaching out for it, the finch jumped back, flying away. Smiling, he went down the stairs and out the front door of Eirikssgrad. 

You cannot cage a finch. They adapt to life.

"I'm sorry, Schwester..." Murmurs Adrianna Darkwood as she remembers her much younger years. "Nein one could protect dein Bruder, nicht even mich." The Surgeon General glances down mournfully, sighing to herself. "Ich miss du so, Maya." She then looks back in fatigue to her stacks of paperwork that she has to get done...

16 hours ago, Ziggitee said:

Luka Bishop scoffed as Friedrich departed - and entered the Father's Hall. "Shameful, classic of the Devanite Branch."

"At least mein branch ist still alive" laughed Erwin Bishop, who himself had been dead for almost a quarter-century now. Luka felt a nudge on his arm and saw Erwin still laughing whilst he gazed down at his descendants "... for now at least."