HIS NAME WAS SIGISMUND

Xarkly

Anna Mariya smiled as she held her hand out to Sigismund "I'm happy you have found your peace."

Anastasya joined her siblings as Sigismund made his way home. For the first time, in a long time the woman - if you could even call her that anymore, was happy. Selfishly, perhaps, there was no grief. Only acceptance, and the filling of a brother-sized hole that had been left gaping from the day she had left their original realm. "About ******* time"

Never would have the Bruin thought that the very Haenseni man who had sat so lively across the tavern table from her, just elven days ago, would pass so suddenly. That very night, after the Vale, Dwarves, and Paladins fought for their own lives against those pirates and constructs, would Miven honor the late-King by naming the battle after Sigismund. 

Ser Reinhardt BarclayKnight Paramount of the Knightly orders of Hanseti-Ruska, stood before the remains of his fallen friend. His eyes stained with tears, nose runny and arms heavy, he had known this man since their earliest day and had served him for nearly 60 years. He thought long and hard on these years of service to this man, this king that lay before him, and he would not change a single thing about those years. He was proud to have befriended such a kind, brave, and honorable man. “Ist was an honor to serve du, mein liege, all those years, and all those adventures….. Ich hope du are finally able to rest soundly now, Gott knows du earned ist.” 

As the Keong was laid to rest, there was a single figure running about in the forests behind Haense. A young, stout figure frolicked alone, sending a kick into a ball an old friend had given him. It was sent up into the air, and the boy broke into a sprint, turning upon a heel and catching it within a sudden backpedal. They cheered silently, a crowd of carved lumber that were neatly set down in a long line on a moss-ridden log. 

He'd continue his part, until he was called. As was promised.

Spoiler

Easily one of the best NLs I've seen on the server. It was a good run, Xarkly.

In Balian, a young princeling lights another candle in his room before going to bed that night.

"Life is a never-ending show, except the minor detail that it ends."

Theodosya found herself standing out in the throne room then, after her meeting with her uncle, The Koeng, Sigismund one last time. They had spoken, about trivial things about skincare and necklaces or sorts. They joked in a manner that was odd for this sort of occasion, one that was blank and empty and rather hollow - perhaps in a matter to deflect. Still, she couldn't help but be unable to shake off the feeling of what he had said before, replaying their conversation over, and over again. His ailing and tired face, still with the tiniest glimmer of pride and a smile.

"But ... I am ... Happy, Theodosya." - "I'm ... ready to ... see them again."

A gift bestowed unto him in memory of and from the late Petra - a woman she hated so with every part of her being, and would never be able to forgive - alongside a promise, that he told that he would be able to keep, though she knew it would and could never be done. The heart would still dream, no matter how childish the manner and how stupid the claim.

"But even with - ... It seems like I've chosen a good Court Mage."

He wouldn't have known what she would've offered him. If he had known, he wouldn't have wanted it at all, without a question, without a word. She had offered out of the goodness of her heart, or whatever there was left of it anyways. It conflicted the woman - she was willing to damn her uncle and strip him from his siblings just for a fleeting few moments left that the old man had. Would it have been wrong, for Theodosya to have wanted him to pick it, to know what he would've become for just a few more minutes, months, with his friends and family - to prolong the inevitable in exchange for a curse unholy enough to be the one thing he sought to destroy? Was it wrong for a lonely girl to give her uncle just one more chance?

"Heh. I'll give this last act all that I've got."

She'd never know now. The Lady Barclay née Mondblume stepped out past the doors of the Prikaz, and looked up at the afternoon sky - a tear pooling down her cheek from the ocean of many to come. Adjusting her scarf once more, there came with it the scent of heavy smokey incense and carrion - the fabric held within clenched fists, knuckles turning as white as snow and bone.

THERE WAS A GOD . AND HE WAS THE CRUELEST OF THEM ALL . 

Spoiler

i hate xarkly and koeng sigismund the third :( he threw seven bottles of carrion at me :(

Pyotr Ludovar lips purse upon learning of the koeng’s death. The man’s mind immediately going to when he had met Sigismund for the first time, and  the hospitality he had displayed toward him at the pond near the Amador keep. He admired, and still admires, that about Sigismund. 

“My friend… thank you… for showing this world what makes a great Monarch.” Kaustantin Baruch uttered weakly as he knelt in his farm in honor of his king and oldest friend.

"Farewell, your majesty." Alex would say as he gazed upon the king's lifeless body, before moving off to his own devices, leaving a tear splatter on the floor.

The Duke of Azor read from the missive at a large wooden desk within his home, the halls were quiet around him as he read of the Kings passing. An enemy, one he had done his best to study, the one his father and the Emperors of yore had told him to be wary of. "One day a King of Haense will try it young Joseph, you must be ready, you all must be...." The words of John VIII once spoken to Joseph d'Azor run through his ears as clear as day. "The Haeseni lack in numbers what they make up for in nationalistic zeal, their king is their ultimate icon, all would die for him." The Count of Susa's advice also came rearing back. 

And yet when the war came it was not so black and white as what was originally printed to the Duke when he was but a boy, every coin has its side, and at least from the stories Joseph had heard, the tales spoken and reports read, King Sigismund had many. A king of firm repute. 

Joseph d'Azor let out a long sigh as he folded the missive "And so falls another, and yet no joy is brought, only sadness at life lost..." The former Archchancellor considered it all for a moment as he endeavored to pour out a drink for late king that night. 

Joseph stood at that coughing raggedly into his handkerchief a bit of red, quickly tucking that away as he continued to pace in his exile. 

The large man went in to a laughing fit, smacking his two close friends on their backs, almost knocking them over. "Would you look at that! Your descendant right there! You two better go greet him with open arms, that there is a man! A warrior! A true king!" He bellowed out. He was happy, to see someone who has never met him go out with such a grand show. It brought a tear to his eye, as if he was seeing a child he raised himself, and yet, the two never met each other in their lives. That was a given; however, since Brog Dhoon has long since passed and watched on from the Seven Skies with Sigmar and Robert.

Most certainly a worthy ruler, yet.. There was a great creaking, as a great figure bowed his head, robes collecting all around him - black in nature. 

Then my quest shall be given to the new King. It shall make a test of his strength, I suppose. And he gathered his things around him, once again mounting his steed; riding into the snow, carrying a bound scroll of parchment as he did so.

Spoiler

Brilliant NL, well done. Exceptionally good post.

Maciej Jazloviecki lit a candle in the Grodno chapel for the late Sigismund "His Majesty is in a better place now, for all he did for Haense and humanity was right" He would then sign the Lorraine

When Clara heard the news she felt very confused, she was still rather young and could not understand the meaning of death she only understood that he be gone for a long time. Tears rolled on her cheeks as she thought of a few things.

The first meeting oh how she had the words "Thank your papaej" ring in her mind over and over. And she took it to heart she thank him every chance she got.

The second meeting she waved at him and he waved back, she was so happy. Even asking him to be a ward made her happy yet she felt like a failure. One thing after the other kept getting in the way. Would she still be a good ward? She will darn well keep trying at least.

"Ich vill miss du" she mumbled softly to herself as she sat in her room