[PK] The world is too vast for a Surgery Room

CopOwl

Spoiler

OOC: TRIGGER WARNING, SUICIDE

If that’s triggering to you, Adrianna’s dead. Don’t worry about this post, she’s just gone. Love you, hope you’re having a good day <3

Death. In life there is always death. Godan designed it that way and there could be no life without death. But the lives of those so deeply touched by death are always tragic. And there is plenty of death to come…

4O63yzszMZrjNT8PcgtyTnVxrrRFcs3VTRDvf1WrH5R4YtRKTvp5b_lT-W7eQWrBvQgkquk_TeDhWbxce8qSWDFNZ_3dehly6bo6IFIhgynxfYN1riiIziqJcGo7O0DvkhzhoH6CA9ZaylXsmw

Adrianna Barclay, at merely age 7, watched Cillian Castaway run away from her. He hurried out of the palace courtroom and from Adrianna, young Reinhardt and their friend Amelia. The young Barclay seemed very unsure, “Uhm… Ich think he ist running away from us. Du think he ist afraid?” She asked, her eyes narrowing mischievously.

Her 14 year old brother, Reinhardt, nodded with a sneaky grin. “He ist scared.” He affirmed, and Adrianna replied, “Why don’t we just follow him until he notices? Maybe try und scare him.” She suggests. Rein nodded, “Follow him. Ich know where he lives.” And the 3 children of mischief descended into the city and approached the Castaway house. “Right here.” Came Rein’s voice, “Ich have ein key.” He said, pulling out said shiny golden key and inserting it into the door.

The juveniles entered the house, then proceeding to go through all the unlocked chests, their sticky fingers grabbing all of the alcohol in particular and then making off just as the master of the house arrived home.

Adrianna and Amelia were holed up in her tiny windowless bedroom in the Reinmaren keep, having snuck past her father and Uncle when their ears were met with a deafening, and bone chilling yell from the former.

"ADRIANNA.”

A scream emanated from the young girl.

Within seconds, a loud bashing could be heard from her locked bedroom door as Ser Cedric Barclay, Knight Paramount of Haense attempted to batter down the door with his daughter inside, hiding her stashes of booze from his angry fists.

Then in a blur Adrianna’s arm was suddenly outstretched as she threw the stone. It skimmed once more along the surface of the water, leaving it as clean as driven snow. Adrianna gasped and grinned at her triumph. The voice of Henry Bishop spoke up to congratulate her, “That one was quite nice! Gut job Adrianna.” He told her, Anna smiling proudly. “Danke!” She said, “Uhm. what should Ich call du by the way?” She asked a little sheepishly, quickly preparing another stone to toss.

"Henry ist fine, Ich do nicht have any particular titles at the moment you need to worry about.” The man replied, and Arianna tilted her head curiously, “Nothing? Ich can call du Onkle Henry if du like.” She asked, quickly throwing one last stone for the evening.

"Ich doubt many people in Oren knew Ich even existed until ein few Saint’s Days ago.” Said Klaus Barclay to his younger sister. She smiled faintly, “Hah, true. Du und Rein have sooo many girls who like du, und people du talk to.”

"We both have one girl who likes us, und then even mine ist debatable, since we just met.” He retorted, “But, we got there because we went out and talked to people. Du should nicht be afraid to talk to people. Du’re ein better catch than du think, Adri.”

Reinhardt patted her on the head. “Be confident in durself, do nicht let anyone try to push du around, stand firm und plant durself like ein tree. Ja?” Adrianna smiled up at him while the sounds of the Orenian House of Lords discussion echoed around the wide hall in the background. “Danke. Ah - Ich appreciate that, Ich will.” She assured him in response to his advice.

Adrianna took a couple steps within Petra’s gorgeous flower garden before plopping down in the lush grass to smell the flowers and listen to the other sounds of the garden.

"Da - some of them are taller than me!” Came the Princess’s voice from behind her. “Vy can pick one if vy want -” Petra offered, “Just take it from its stem so vy can replace it.”

"What? Und ruin how pretty it ist…?” She asked sheepishly.

Ser Cedric Barclay stepped behind Anna, leaning over her shoulder as he pressed a small wooden knight into her grasp. On the Knight’s feet are written the words: ‘Ser Cerdic’ and Adrianna’s eyes lit up upon seeing it while her fathers murmured, “Happy Birthday Anna.” To her, “He’s protected mich ever since Ich wast jung.”

Erwin Bishop started to place the picnic items down on the blanket. “But ein gorgeous sight it is.” He sat down, staring at her as he spoke. She glanced at him, tilting her head and grinning, and looking out over the great view as she sat with him. “What do du mean…?” She asked, still chewing on her pie, perfectly content.

"Did Ich get cooties? How do Ich know?” Wailed the young Johann Barclay while Adrianna’s hand lay on his head, “Awh, Ich am sorry.” She murmured before his frightened eyes darted up to her. “So did Ich get them?!” He exclaimed in fright. Anna lightly shook her head, “Nein, nein.. Du can’t uh.. Du can’t get cooties from family.” She told him, taking a quick deep breath before the Barclay Duchess, Margot, spoke up from behind the boy. “You didn’t, love. She’s right.” The mother assured him, her own fingers combing his hair.

A distance away, the wooden toy knight floated on the surface of the water. Of its own accord, it slowly and carefully swam back to shore, then lying down to dry. Off in the distance, Adrianna sat, sobbing, as she pulled out a very crumpled and tear-stained piece of paper. “Mein Vater..” She whimpered, “He sent mich this.” She nodded, showing the note to Erwin. Reading it, the boy murmured very quietly. “..Duty..” As Anna continued, “H-he never told mich.. He never told mich. Or Rein, Or Klaus.” She hissed, lips curling in disgust. “It was true nonetheless.” The Bishop said back.

"N-nein!” She exclaimed, “Why are du nicht mad about it?” She asked in exasperation to her brother, deep bags lying under his tired eyes. “Ich didn’t know Opa, und now Ich feel like Ich didn’t know Vater-” She continued before Reinhardt interrupted her. “Because Ich have no more anger left to give. Ich save it for mein enemies, und Ich will avenge Vater if ist the last thing Ich do. Ich have cried for ein month und Ich still love Vater.” Anna gritted her teeth, “Then… Will du spar with mich?” She asked firmly.

"You ever dance?” Asked Charles Darkwood with a snicker. She looked over at him with a grin as the two stood in the centre of the Orenian Palace gardens’s maze. “Hm? Errm, ja, but I’m nicht as gutte as Ich should be.” She replied brightly. The young man smiled softly, then extending an inviting hand. “In that case- may I have your hand in a dance, Lady Barclay?”

"Rein..” She started, before lowering her voice to just a whispers as she stood next to her brother. “What…?” He asked her, brows initially furrowing in concern. She smiled to him, “Ich liebe dich. Okay? Ich don’t… Know why I’ve never said it before. Ich liebe dich.” A heartfelt smile reached her brother’s warm eyes, “Ich liebe dich auch. Ich am so proud of du.”

"Ich know that Ich know nicht all, und commit meinself to daily amelioration.”

"Ich understand that warmth, understanding und empathy outweigh the surgeon’s knife or the alchemist’s herb.”

"Ich swear to protect the privacy of those seeking aid, fur the world ist too vast fur ein surgery room.”

"Ich know Ich am nein Gotte. His plan ist nicht fur mein meddling.”

"Ich pray to act in preservation of this calling, und that Ich long experience the privilege of healing those who seek mich.”

"Ich hereby swear to do nein harm.”

"All this Ich swear.”

Anna gently closed her eyes as Charles stroked her hair, "Du're getting ein bit better..." She whispered idly, as a soft smile crossed her face before it contorted into a sad frown and then she let out a sniffle. "O-onkle Henry... T-told mich to tell du, that du would make ein gutte Vater." Her husband sighed gently, "Ich...Ich always held ein certain amount of degree of respect for Henry.. Ich may not have respected his son but mich und du had our reasons." He told her, forming a weak smile as to glance down to her. "Ich am sorry he had to die so early...Ich barely knew him, focus on durself, Anna."

"Well…” Maya started while the sea swept the ship the two women lay on, “I don’t have a man or someone to rely on. But in the end…” The young woman sighed, “Adrianna, you are one of a kind. You are you. You are great, powerful, strong. Lorenz will see that and he will understand… Once he’s older. But it’s not always about kids. You come first too.” 

A messenger boy arrived, huffing and sweating, to Adrianna Darkwood's side with two notes to her. She took them and read them both, tears welling in her sweet eyes. A single pale tear dropped down her cheek to her chin, though she wiped it away before it could fall, just as the deceased Ingrid Barclay had wished for.

"T-tante..." She cried, "Du... Ich am so sorry.. Did du even know mich at all?" She painfully lamented, clutching at her chest.

"Du felt like ein Mutter to mich, while mein wast out in the world.. We... Ich should have made du more tea."

Adrianna held close to her chest a tightly swaddled one-armed baby, then she reached out to grasp her husband’s hand. “She ist perfect, Ich don’t care what anyone says..” She whispered, kissing the top of her daughter’s head. “Ja she ist perfect.” Charles affirmed, “She ist perfect…” He squeezed her hand as a warm smile flooded his features. Adrianna’s gaze remained on the sleeping Irina as she whispers, “Ich liebe dich…”

Adrianna Darkwood read the letter to the Barclays from her standing position within the courtyard. The Surgeon General wore her black dress and veils once more, signifying the grief she held within after the recent passing of Manfred disturbed the House, and now Aunt Luisa had ascended to the Seven Skies as well. Upon reading the letter of her Great Aunt, another tear fell forth from her seemingly eternal grievous eyes. "Too soon, Tante.." She whispered, lips curling to prevent a sob from spilling forth. 

"Adri-” Hacked her dying mother while blood spilled forth over the floor from her pained coughs. “Mutter- nein, nein, nein…” Whimpered Adrianna, while Aeira Barclay grasped desperately at her, then looking with fear into her eyes. “I- love you- all.” Managed the dying woman before her body went still, slumped in Adrianna’s arms when her coughs died down. Adrianna felt helpless to do anything as she had watched her Mother in deep pain; she was Haense’s Surgeon General and she had stood there unable to do anything to aid her ailing mother as she passed on. She was disappointed in herself.

A slap rang out through the upper halls of the Reinmar Keep. “Sorry for dein loss, Adrianna.” Murmured Klaus, turning on his heels to leave. The woman’s lips curled in contempt as she gritted her teeth. “Du have done nothing fur this family-!!” She shrieked in rage, “Du gutte fur nothing! Why are du here?! To make ein mockery? Du are never here. Du were never here!” Her teeth were bared and her eyes full of fire as she finished. “Du know who du remind mich of? Vater.” 

She never spoke to her brother again after that day, and the Brandtian family under Reinhardt was forever haunted by the dispute. For months on months, she sat in solitude within her room - black veils coating her form like an overwhelming waterfall - only her children were bade entrance in order to sleep or collect their toys, and her husband was explicitly banned. Over neverending months and years she sat, only occasionally making an outing to the Reinmaren countryside for some fresh air, though inevitably messengers slipped increasing piles of letters under her door: Bad News to keep her in black.

Not soon later, her beloved daughter - Irina, born without an arm - disappeared without a trace and Charles followed soon after. But Adrianna pushed on, finally returning to noble society to continue her work as Surgeon General of the hospital without malice or contempt to those around her. She took pride in watching her nieces and nephews grow, and she supported them in their endeavors. She could list everyone who had perished in her care and comfort:

Her Aunt, Dame Marie Vyronov, who was slain in battle

Her Father, Ser Cedric Barclay, who died at the hands of bandits

Her Uncle, Pontiff Alfred Barclay, who was taken by disease 

Her Friend, Henry Bishop, who died due to heart complications

Ger Aunt, Ingrid Barclay, who perished in bed

Her Mother, Aeira Barclay, who died in her arms

Her Aunt, Luisa Barclay, who passed on at home

Her Niece, Anya Ludovar, who drew her own blood

Her Friend and Sister, Maya Bishop, who drowned at sea

Her Friend, Isabel Mondblume, who was brutally murdered

Her Closest Friend, Petra Emma, who fell from the walls of Ghaestenwald

Her Daughter, Irina Darkwood, who ran away

Her Husband, Charles Darkwood, who disappeared

Her Deputy, Raden Decaden, who was declared missing

Her First Love, Erwin Bishop, who was executed by Orenians

Her Close Friend, Dianna Decaden, who swore her to secrecy

Her Cousin, Konstanz Barclay, who perished on his Knight’s Quest

Her King, Sigismund Karl, who she could not help

Her friend, Johann Ludovar, who slowly deteriorated

And countless others who fell around her, perished in battle, or disappeared without a trace.

She moved from her husband’s home in Oren back to her childhood bedroom in Reinmar; she could never quite grow out of being her father’s daughter, and her brother’s sister. She had saved an unquantifiable number of lives, delivered hundreds of babies, and yet still she could do nothing but watch them die.

Death and injury was the entire reason she become a medic in the first place. At a young age, her father lost his legs, Reinhardt broke a limb, and even Klaus hurt himself getting into a fight. She had wanted to help them, so that she could save people and care for them. But it never quite dawned on her until she held her dying mother that she could not help everyone, that she was, after all, only part of Godan’s great plan, and that death was inevitable.

She mulled on this for years, as circles grew dark under her eyes and she treated patient after patient. They would all thank her for her service, and she watched her apprentices grow and mature into great doctors, but she felt no more pride by the end. It was a job. It was work. It was her obligation. It was all she was worth to the world. 

So one day as she trod through the Reinmaren rose fields, an idea sparked in her mind. A bad idea, something she would surely be punished for: but they couldn’t confiscate it from her this time, this was her choice. She found a gorgeous open spot towards the top of the Reinmaren hills and she sat. As she watched the sun rise over the horizon of Orenian trees and grassy plains, she drew from her coat pocket a scalpel which she carried with her everywhere.

"Ich should have told du in person…” She mumbled senselessly to herself, “How much du have grown, Rein…” She was a feisty fighting woman when she was younger, she could best her brother in a swordfight, and she beat both Erwin and Charles in a row on one occasion. How far she had fallen…

As her hands scratched away at a piece of paper, she gripped the scalpel tightly and the sun rose into its final resting place with specks of sunlight peeking through the shade of a particularly ambitious tree. And finally, when all was done, there lay Adrianna Darkwood, Surgeon General of Hanseti-Ruska, with a bloodied scalpel embedded into her wrist and a trickling stream of blood staining the Rose Fields as it descended down the hill, and a note tucked between her warm fingers. 

When an unfortunate wanderer discovered her body, maybe someone was searching for her to deal with a medical emergency, the note reads:

"Dearest family,

I am sorry. 

I have decided to follow in Tante Marcella’s footsteps. 

I know not what she wrote before the end, but I know what I feel. I am done; my hands can heal no more, and now I pay the price of healing. 

I have nothing further to live for, other than my work, and it is draining. I grow old and I could not handle the pain of another death upon my hands.

I am aware that I take the coward’s way out, and while it has never been my way, I am happy to do this.

My family - my husband and children - have deserted me. I know you all support and love me during this trying time, but it is safe to say that I am done.

Please do not despair, my time has been gone for a great many years. 

I shall miss you all terribly.

I perpetuate the eternal cycle of suffering - that of loss and mourning. And for that I am sorry. The only thing I can do to break the cycle is tell you not to mourn.

I love you all.

Adrianna Darkwood née Barclay”

Mb9fuNO3lpct1pqxPtIHv7vqaf9DqB1r84bY5JcG1hVA30CNs6NQoOJnrRsbs_Gu8WmFAabFqwBXy6Ki92uLsZ1SK1QmdQ4Wrsdy6rHtfKkOeiGS4qAUTQxoM8nEfWVQ8a9USy3fKeZofN5c2w

Adrianna Irene Darkwood née Barclay

20 S.A. - 77 S.A.

12th Surgeon General of Haense

The following letters were discovered, written to family members and friends, following Adrianna’s death:

Charles Darkwood does not receive his letter @Ziggitee

Spoiler

My Dearest Charles,

If you are reading this… If you are even still alive with the means of receiving it, I have died without you. 

Where did we go wrong, my love? I’m sorry. For the manner with which I treated you when we were younger. I was young and frustrated. I really did love you, despite the things we said and did. And I regret my contempt for you. Every day. Our children have not returned, and I have not seen them for a very very long time. I suffer for my negligence of them at all times. I miss you dearly and I can’t wait to see you again, wherever you may be. I shall always love you.

Yours Faithfully,

Adrianna 

Reinhardt Barclay @Capt_Chief26

Spoiler

My lovely brother,

You have always supported and protected me, Rein. I hope this does not impact you too sourly, for I would never wish suffering upon you. You have gorgeous children, Reinhart, who love you and you love them. Tell my nieces and nephews how much I love and adore them. You have always been a proficient combatant, but you have been emotionally intelligent as well. Promise me you shall not fall to rage and will keep your wits about you - that is all I want for you, my dearest brother. I assure you that I am far happier now wherever I am, and I will be watching over you. I love you, brother.

With all my love,

Anna

Klaus Barclay @Fionn__TWG

Spoiler

Dear Klaus,

It is safe to say that I regret never resolving our problems. They have plagued me for a long time, and for that I’m sorry. I wish I could say that I have forgiven you, but time heals all wounds. I haven’t forgiven you, but I no longer have cares for our disputes and … I wish I had my brother back - before the end. I- I watched your Priest career with interest over the years, although I never vocalised this, and I wanted to say that I’m proud of you. For that. You’ve done a great job. You could even become the Pontiff one day, and I believe in you. I still love and miss you.

With all my love,

Adri

Erika Barclay @MissToni

Spoiler

Dearest Erika,

We never… Spent as much time together in person as I would like, but as my favourite niece (just kidding… totally) I wanted to tell you that I love you. I think you’ve been doing an excellent job in your political career - I had wanted to be an Alderwoman when I was your age as well - and thank you for advocating for the rights of Medics alongside me, it has been fun and (hopefully) productive. I hope my successor works with you to continue that trend. You will go far, my Schatz, so go give them hell.

Lots of love,

Adrianna

Sibylla Ludovar @CupOTea__

Spoiler

Dearest Sibylla,

You have done excellently. Please continue your medic career; I believe you can go far. And if your father ever tells you no on anything, tell him that I’ll slap him. When he gets here. I hope you are incredibly happy in your marriage to Pyotr, that is a good family and I have worked with the Count for many years. I think you should know, though, that if you take up a medic career, it will be hard. It will hurt so badly some days that you can’t even move. You will blame yourself, and feel responsible for their deaths. But there is also an incredible light and warmth that comes from saving a life or delivering a baby, or even just patching someone up. And… While I would never advise anyone to enter the field if they weren’t prepared for the price it comes with, I believe in you. 

With all my love,

Adrianna

Friedrich Barclay @ColdestPepsi

Spoiler

Dear Onkle Fritz,

Thanks for all of your crazy stories and gifts. And for that one time you beat Vater in a duel, that was funny. And for wearing a flowery shirt to Duma, that made me laugh too. I missed you terribly when you stopped being our Duke, but you’ve always been a humorous good-natured piece of our family and I’ll miss you. 

Lots of love,

Adrianna

Theodosya Barclay @marslol

Spoiler

Dear Theo,

You have always been a wonderful medic and an amazing friend. (A shame that you got stuck with August, though, that man is a menace) And I shall miss you terribly. I… Have decided to leave the Hospital in your capable hands as the new Surgeon General, after all of the hard work you have put in over the years. Take care of them… Or I’ll worry terribly. I’m leaving you all of my notes, and I hope that you can truly make the clinic into something wonderful and an even better space than it is right now. I believe in your many talents, and I’m sorry for placing the position of Surgeon General upon your shoulders; it is a big responsibility. Have fun with the paperwork. Although - if it’s any reassurance, I burnt as much of it as I could. Try to keep in touch with the AMC, they’re doing good work. I’ve also attached the master copy of the Physician’s exam for your convenience. Apologies for my terrible filing system in my office. You have always felt like more of a sister and companion to me than a colleague, so thank you so much for everything. I hope your children are doing well.

Yours Faithfully,

Adrianna

Klaudia Barclay @Zaerie

Spoiler

Dear Klaudia,

There are… A lot of similarities between us, and for that I’m sorry. You were kept inside as a child just like I was, and for that I’m sorry. And you have lost your brother just as I lost my father, and for that I’m sorry. But I believe that you can carry our House onwards to great places, despite the terrible start you might feel that you had. Everyone of our House stands behind you, good luck with your mission.

Lots of love,

Adrianna

Emma Karenina @livrose

Spoiler

Dear Emma,

You brought light to my life, and the lives of everyone you meet. I was so terribly upset when His Majesty passed, and I know the pain it brought him to know that he was leaving you alone in this world. Welcome to widowhood, it is a terrible place to be... I hope you can find relative peace, as I have wrestled with finding. But thank you for the wonderful opportunity I was given with the Office of Surgeon General. You were a wonderful teacher, and everything that the Hospital has done was in part thanks to your efforts. While the Office has driven me somewhat mad with its paperwork, it is still my greatest achievement. Thank you for everything you have done for this nation, and I hope you can finally rest as I now do.

Yours Faithfully,

Adrianna

Lorenz and Irina Darkwood @Robin01_boy @Seva

Spoiler

To my Children,

Wherever you are in this world, my Dears, I’m so sorry for everything I did. I treated you both so terribly; I was neglectful. I struggled to find my way in the world after my own father passed away, and then my mother died in my arms and I was broken. I couldn’t give either of you the attention and nurture you the way that you needed. If either of you are still… Out there, I hope you are well. I pray to Gotte that you are living happy, healthy, flourishing lives and that you are successful. You are both wonderful, wonderful human beings and I saw every piece of potential in you. Despite my faults as a lousy, neglectful mother, I can only hope that you are alright. 

With all of my love,

Mutter

And lastly, the following missive is found and published by her family upon her death:

The Passing of the Surgeon General

426 E.S.

pKtniVsN7znjMRLhih8VlydsZR8wpEkRM2s1DyVSF6WRD73V7XRD3BH7CwEg6LiZMWyHVCNvaG2tn530HcXr6BdN8CkfenC1x0qLlgIqTQvfBodstPKQLKqZSTi3VaIVwC8IDPhk

Every Doctor understands the pain that comes with death; having witnessed it possibly hundreds of times, depending on how long they have been practicing this art we call medicine. One of the hardest careers I can think of is that of the physician; he burdened with Godan-given purpose to dedicate his life to healing others and neglecting himself. 

This curse has taken its toll on me, slowly degrading me over the 29 years that I have held this position; taken over from Her Royal Majesty, Queen-Mother Emma Karenina. And as I pass on, I am glad of the rest that I have earnt. The Hospital of St. Amyas is a wonderful, thriving environment full of promising young physicians willing to put in the work and I am proud of each and every one of you that do your parts to make Haense a more healthy and safe place.

However, the mantle must pass on sooner or later. This Clinic has nurtured trustworthy, competent physicians to support it after I am gone. As such, I appoint Physician Theodosya Barclay to take my place as the Surgeon General of Hanseti-Ruska. My beloved Deputy, Raijen Stars, agreed to step down whenever I did and as such is no long the Deputy Surgeon General. The Office of the Surgeon General is a difficult position to sustain, thus I thank Theodosya for all of her service so far and for being an incredible friend, and appoint Lucía Rutledge to work alongside her as the new Deputy.

I believe in both of their capabilities, and am certain that the Hospital of St. Amyas will continue to flourish when I am gone.

Thank you to all of my hard-working staff, you are all wonderful. 

SIGNED,

Her Ladyship, Adrianna Irene Darkwood née Barclay, Surgeon General of Hanseti-Ruska

SHE WHO RESTS, RUSTS

Spoiler

Hey! So yeah, that's Adrianna. She was my first Haense noble persona, my first Barclay, my first medic, my first sister, a whole bunch of firsts!
I need to thank @Frymarkfor giving me the character in the first place, thank you so much. I've really enjoyed playing Adrianna and I'm gonna miss her so much.

Thank you to Liv and Sarah for the opportunity I was given with the Clinic, it's been some of the most fun rp I've done so far.

For some people to thank, there's @Frymark @Weebmaster36 @Capt_Chief26 @Fionn__TWG @MissToni @ColdestPepsi @Ziggitee @livrose @Xarkly @sarahbarah @Lmcfc @Raijen Stars @DearConnorMurphy @dove @marsloland SO MANY MORE that I could mention and I just can't think of right now.

I love you all, this has been some great fun! <3

Ser Brandt Barclay welcomes his descendant to the skies with open arms and a smile, making to teach her all the bargains and capitalist exploits he had learned.

An elderly medic sighed softly at the news, a frown growing at his lips.

"Ich am glad for vyr service. I only wish I could've helped more."

He walked around the clinic, gazing at the portraits

"Vy were a guut Surgeon General, vy honour vyr post. A doctor's life is hard, I only hope vu found vyr rest"

"Godan bless the medics. Godan bless the Surgeon General"

"Godan bless Adrianna"

"She who rests, rusts." Affirmed Adrianna's departed husband - Charles from the seven skies. "Du did as well du possibly could darling - I'm sorry."

Erika Barclay sat in her room, tears rolling down her cheeks as she read the letter from her late aunt. Clutching it closely to her chest afterwards.

"Ich promise to give them hell, Tante. So watch over me, ja?"

Emma Karenina placed the letter on the edge of her bedside, smoothing out any wrinkles. She had scanned the page, read and reread the words a hundred times over, yet still it did not feel real. Her apprentice, the brave and selfless Surgeon she had known... the woman who had delivered almost all of her children, who stood by her for lessons and clinical crises, gone like so many others.

Johann, Adrianna, Sigismund, all in a matter of weeks.

The bed creaked as she sat down on its edge, eyeing the boxes and trunks that piled around her, amidst the moving process from her old rooms. Still in her black robes, Emma sighed, fiddling with the edges of her sleeves. She was tired, so, so tired, and yet even when her eyes fluttered shut- she found no respite. 

The young Captain frowned as Adrianna never arrived to the Seven Skies. "Schwester..." her voice croaked, "You are taking too long to get here." And there she sat. Maya Bishop waited for her until eternally.

Spoiler

COPOWL! i love and adore you greatly. you are one of my first friends here on lotc and you have made every single rp interaction such a great experience. you are one of the reasons why i haven't quit just yet. anywho, i cannot wait to see what else you do. <3

Dianna Decaden, who had always seen Adrianna as one of her best friends, welcomed the former Surgeon General with open arms. "It is good to see you again."

Patriarch Klaus stood within the crypts of Reinmar, witnessing his family's servants prepare yet another resting place for a relative. The letter sent to him was within one of his robe's many pockets, the seal on it broken and it's words read several times over, and many times more in his head. "Pontiff..." he murmured to himself, scowling at the thought of it "There are better men than me to take the mantle, und thank Gott for that." The man stayed down in the deep resting hall long after the servants left, seemingly unresponsive to any sounds, before finally moving out after some time. Many times had he done this before, though few times did he do so with a tear stained face.