[PK] The Eternal Rest of The Last Argent Knight

Traveller

Spoiler

The Eternal Rest of The Last Argent Knight

Ns8Qw32.png

SOYyyq1.png

[Sir Sebastian Velho in his Lord Commander armour in the savannahs of the South]

(sydniart on DeviantArt)

Ns8Qw32.png

Sebastian stood. The empty man stood.

It was all he could do. In his grasp laid a missive, detailing on the dissolvement of the Principality of Savoy, a single teardrop had permanently marked the page from a few hours earlier. Recent events had crippled the man, leaving him an empty shell of what was once a proud Freimarkish man, a Son of St Tylos, a Commander of the Argent Legion, an Argent Knight, the first and last Grand Komes of Lvinsk and most importantly, a Savoyard. It was almost as if the world had crumbled around him, moved on from his lands, but left him behind.

He stood. The empty man stood. It was all he could do. He turned his golden-clad visage up towards the empty county of Freimark. Nothing could be heard but the wind and the movement of Sebastian's armour, clanking as he trudged upon the cobbles to the main square. This is where it started. His life truly began here, he had seen a great many things in this town, this County - the comings and goings of many people, most of whom he would dare to call his friends, the rise and fall of a great, great County. He ran his finger along the dishevelled walls, clearly with a lack of care given to them in recent years. As the metal collided with the rock, he recalled upon the time he was sat upon this wall, as he saw an innocent man be dragged into the castle to be executed for deserting the nation. He'd walk further into the square, noticing an old, dried pool of crimson splattered on the corner of a building - the time his ribs were crushed by a bison on a hunt, but the medical expertise of the town helped him recover. He reached his destination in the town. Each step he took up the stairway would creak, the wooden planks not used to this kind of treatment for a long time.

He'd arrived. His store. He'd hold his throat as he let his gaze drift to the sign above the door. "Velho's Elixir's and Tinctures." A few of the letters had worn out, but of course he remembered what was in the blank spaces. He'd push the door and with a creak it opened smoothly, there had been no lock protecting it for a long time. Dust was dancing about the room, sunlight peering through the windows, leaving a distracting beam hitting the centre of the room. He would spend some time there, sat on the cold, cold floor.

He stood. The empty man stood. It was all he could do. He'd reach the top of the cobbled slope, a chill overcoming his body, to the base of his spine. The ruins of San Luciano, the once great capital of the region. As he stepped into the city, he could feel the thanhium begging to be let into his golden case. He furiously denied it, encroaching upon the empty throne room. He'd kick the door to the palace, breaking the ice which had made it's living upon the hinges. Each step would echo throughout the hall, combating with the mist appearing from his face from the temperature for dominance in the space. He'd kneel to the throne, placing his sword in front of him on the old, forgotten carpet as he closed his eyes. He had fought many battles in this city, and tried his best to protect it. But thanhium bombs from external forces - that was something even he could not have prevented.

He stood. The empty man stood. It was all he could do. He'd approach his final destination, a place he had been not but a few hours earlier. Lvinsk. The walls towered over him as he stood in the now flattened centre of the settlement. He'd get down on one knee and inspect a rock which had been left from the deconstruction before the inhabitants moved to Orenian lands. He'd chuckle, inspecting the rock before mustering a small amount of strength to toss it into the nearby pond. This had been his last home in Savoy. He would spend an unknown amount of time circling the town's interior, running his hand along the walls as he did so. He'd stop at the keep, which had been the home to House Jazloviecki until recent times. He'd enter the courtyard, which had been left open, before sitting down on the lower wall to inspect the area. His blue eyes would be affixed upon a specific area of stones, where a small trickle of red laid between them.

With his deeds done, Sebastian would nod to himself, preparing himself. He had no purpose anymore, his nation - everything he'd known was gone. He'd take a long, deep breath into his lungs before rebounding it back out, nodding once more to reassure himself. He'd drop the missive in his place, the leaflet being left in the dirt as he left through the city's back gate. He didn't know where he was going - he didn't frankly care. He took a gaze up to the sky, seeing it painted a beautiful orange. He'd scramble up to the top of the hill, planting his sword into the ground once he had reached it. He'd look at his weapon, before removing his helmet and turning it around so he could gaze at the visor. He would thank the helmet, pressing his forehead to it's. His words would croak, as if a blockage was in his throat, and a beautiful stream flowed down his pale cheek, leaving his face cold in contrast with the southern winds. He'd approach the nearby tree and take a seat, a smile forming on his face,

As the sun set over Savoy.

Ns8Qw32.png

Spoiler

my first pk post of my first persona, it's too many to list here but i seriously ******* thank everyone who has interacted with me on this persona, i'd like to thank my inner group especially, you guys know who you are, it's been an absolute ******* amazing time and a great introduction to the server. sebastian wasn't the most interesting character as he was essentially a self insert as i got settled into the community, but i really really enjoyed my time with him, here's to the future and many more personas on this server, ave savoy <3

Bruce would tear up upon hearing the last of his friends dead. He'd pray for the man up above, and continue onwards in his search for immortality.

Borys welcomes Sebastian into the Seven Skies after his journey is concluded. He welcomes him for the first time since the day of bloody rain, welcomes him in a place where nobody will make them part ever again...

Hieromonk Ernst weeps in the Reinmaren mountains as wind catches wind of his old friend and former bannerman's passing. He'd sign the Hussariya, and spend the whole night awake within his hidden monastic cell, praying for the man's soul.

Renata Adelina sat upon a lonely hillside, overlooking the lands which had once been hers a short time ago. The young widow signed the Lorraine across her chest as the southern sun beat down upon her, tears pricking her dark eyes as she mourned one of the men who had stood by her unwaveringly.

“Thank you for all you’ve done. May you find peace in the Skies, Sebastian.”

Jindrich Jazloviecki sighed. "Sebastian" He then closed his eyes, reliving all of their shared memories. "I will see y-you on the other side in few years" Jindrich let out a tear. "Cheers to t-the greatest bison hunter, best gateskeeper a-and my dearest friend, S-sebastian Velho"